• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 7] Ultra Sun Nuzlocke: Lillian's Strange Story

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
Well, I've done a couple nuzlockes before but published none here, so what better time to change that than with the release of a new pokemon game?

RULES
-Your typical stuff (one per route, release/box the dead, name all catches)
***I do not lose on a team wipe except against the E4, though I must also kill off a random pokemon in my box if I do wipe before them.
-No evolving (I can still use evolved pokemon if I catch them, however)
-Must use pokemon as low on the evolution rung as possible (to give more spirit towards the NFE theme)
***Team priority goes "Base form > Middle stage > No evolution > Full evolution (2 stages) > Full evolution (3 stages)"
-Pokemon Centers may only be used if the party has full HP and no status ailments (essentially only making them PP restoration points)
-Pokemon Refresh is broken, so that's out of the question.
-Battle style SET (moreso personal preference tbh)

Clauses/Mercies
+Dupes clause: May try to catch pokemon not in my dex up to three times (on the third attempt, I must catch it regardless if it's registered or not)
+Shiny clause: Battles against shiny pokemon "don't count" in that they can be caught but not used, and don't enforce typical nuzlocke rules otherwise if they aren't the first encounter. Yes, this includes losing pokemon to catch a shiny, BECAUSE IT'S A SHINY POKEMON AND THUS A SPECIAL OCCASION [EXPLETIVE] (though I do need to use revives to heal pokemon that faint while trying to cap it, and if I get in a battle after the shiny I have to deal with whatever pokemon fainted during the catch attempt being "dead")
+Unique clause: Gift pokemon and legendaries ignore the one-per-route rule (Hey, Nuzlocke Comics runs with this rule, so I see no reason not to!)

Team L
Spoiler:

B-Listers
Spoiler:

Fresh Fertilizer
Spoiler:

Part Quick-Jump
Spoiler:

As a last note, I'll be playing ahead and then writing out each update, so I may have more progress than what I'm covering with each update.
I hope I win!

Last edited:

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
UPDATE 1: ALOLAN LOON
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
Thanksgiving was fairly busy and kinda bleh-y for me along with typical college work, so I took longer to write out this update than I desired. Still, here we go!

UPDATE 2: VIVA LA FESTIVALE
Spoiler:

As a side note, I really am not fond of how long it takes for Gen 7 to get rolling, given you can see that I took two posts (both of them four pages long in Google Docs) in order to actually get to the third in-game day (which is when I consider the game to start proper). While it's fairly easy to breeze through, it's really obnoxious to write for given how dense the plot is in the earlygame.

Last edited:

Fawful_X

Monster-hunting Red Mage
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 2, 2018
UPDATE 3: MELEMELE DISMAY
Spoiler:

I should note that, since I unlocked it, that Festival Plaza is legal... to an extent. While I'm letting myself use its facilities to gain friend coins and join Global Missions, I'm not going to do anything that could give me an in-game advantage (i.e. using a Ball Shop facility to purchase pokeballs, since I can sell those for money I didn't earn from trainer battles/Pay Day or catch pokemon with them). So in other words, I essentially can only use fortune tellers and dye shops, if I recall the types of attractions correctly.

As a side note, if I make any investments in clothing stores (I've already done so, lol), I'm still not going to abuse Festival Plaza stores for money to reimburse myself.

Back