• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Duel "Win" "Lose" or "Tie"

ShadowFiendZX

Gym Leader
Years
This is basically the original script provided with Essentials, but slightly edited to have ties.

Open "PokemonMinigameDuel"
and replace it with this

Spoiler:

The event should look like this, instead of the variable decision being true or false, it is now 1,2, or 3.

AqMtvI2.png

the cutoff Kernel.pbDuel thing looks like this:

Code:
Kernel.pbDuel(PBTrainers::LEADER_Eliot,"Eliot",get_character(0),$speeches)
The setup for it hasn't been changed, so you can refer to the wiki for that.

You don't really need to credit me, since I only changed a few things, but it'd be cool if you did.

If you have any problems just comment.
Happy game making :)

Edit:
I've written my own set of scripts for being able to harvest items from Pokémon, IE you deposit a Pokémon into the "harvester" (for lack of a better word) and you get certain items after a while, such as Clamperl gets big pearls, or pearls. There are rare harvests, and common harvests. Just comment saying you'd like me to post that script, and I will edit it to make it a bit more user friendly then post it.

Last edited:
Years
You probably didn't use extendtext. It's a program inside essentials folder that enlarges text boxes.

Go to essentials folder and open your project.
While open, go to essentials folder (again) and double-click the icon that says "extendtext" Theres a program and theres a .txt, open the program.
Done.

It will NOT show up in the task bar, but it's already running. No need to do anything anymore.
You will notice that, when you use the "show text" and the "script" event command, they'll have enlarged text boxes. This should be your main method to input script commands. It can fix a bunch of sintax errors you might find while making your game.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
The problem isn't the extendtext, you forgot the commas!
Code:
$speeches.push(
"special 1"[COLOR="Red"],[/COLOR]
"special 2"[COLOR="red"],[/COLOR]
"special 3")

Back