Living in a Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town

Age 20
Male
Beyond the Sky
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted October 27th, 2018
1,636 posts
11.2 Years
I read that it is possible to add animated water tiles to your game. Someone had posted this tile:

How is this possible?

Thanks!
Well basically, each one of those oceans are one animation frame. This is the reason why it's a long file, there's 11 frames to it. They pretty much all have to be squares, as when you put them in the game, the game will grab pieces of the square to make up whatever formation you put down. Usually RPG Maker only supports four frames, but Essentials supports longer than four.

tl;dr they're frames put into the same file properly and the game animates them from there.

No. 448
Garchomp, the Mach Pokémon

MarvinLock

Starting with Pkmn Essentials!

Male
Greece
Seen October 28th, 2015
Posted February 7th, 2014
50 posts
5.8 Years
Well basically, each one of those oceans are one animation frame. This is the reason why it's a long file, there's 11 frames to it. They pretty much all have to be squares, as when you put them in the game, the game will grab pieces of the square to make up whatever formation you put down. Usually RPG Maker only supports four frames, but Essentials supports longer than four.

tl;dr they're frames put into the same file properly and the game animates them from there.
I know that each picture represents a frame but I still don't understand how to animate them in a game. What do you mean by "put into the same file properly and the game animates them from there"?

Thanks!

MarvinLock

Starting with Pkmn Essentials!

Male
Greece
Seen October 28th, 2015
Posted February 7th, 2014
50 posts
5.8 Years
All you really need to do is import those tiles as one .png via paint, having the images in the order you wish to animate them, horizontally.

The import it to the 'autotile' folder in RMXP, then add to desired tileset.
I added the first frame to my tileset.

I also added the png with the frames to autotile folder.

What do I do now?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker

Male
Seen February 20th, 2016
Posted May 15th, 2015
644 posts
7.9 Years
Everyone is overcomplicating it. Take the picture you posted in your original post for the question and put it in the folder called "Autotiles" then in the database tileset editor choose the file as an autotile. In your tilesheet it will show up as a single square but when you place tiles next to each other they will get the correct shape and animate in the game.
Advertiser Content