• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye Olde Celestial Storm Discussion Thread

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
There's a dragon and pretty much nothing else. maybe a spookyghost I didn't write about. Some Buzzwole "checks" too. Also there's a set review. It should be up there ^ soon. Go read it.

DISCUSS

Years
From a collecting only POV I like a few of these cards. Rayquaza GX and Electrode GX look cool.

For other cards in that set, not mentioned here, I'm not sure about the Scyther art, either it's average or I quite like it. Will come back to it!

Years
From a collecting side, I need all those full art supporters. They look damn good.

These draw engine options look neat. Personally, I think Macargo-Alolan Sandlash will be the easiest to setup as Stage 1s.

Rayquaza will 100% see play.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Set has been around a few weeks now. People have been testing and playing it at league cups.

Best cards in the set right now imo are:

Shine of Punishment
Rayquaza GX
Magcargo
Banette GX
Shiftry GX
Copycat
Stakataka GX
Friend Ball

Sceptile is fun, but hasnt made a splash, same with both Swampert and Ludicolo. Post rotation I expect all three will see play as rogue decks utilising the incredible shrine of punishment.

Scizor GX and Blaziken GX suffer from the same issue of both being statistically good cards that are in need of better support (Blaziken GX gets babykin sometime soon and Magcargo GX to significantly help it, right now it only really has Alolan Marowak).

Apricot maker and Heatran both have promise. Heatran could be ace in Dusky decks, Celesteela decks or even Scizor decks down the line. Apricot Maker will be played in some decks between the loss of Brigette and the onset of Elm

Bradaction

TCG player - 34th Brisbane Regional Championships,
Years
There's a dragon and pretty much nothing else. maybe a spookyghost I didn't write about. Some Buzzwole "checks" too. Also there's a set review. It should be up there ^ soon. Go read it.

DISCUSS

I kinda agree the only real playable cards from what I've seen at this point is the Rayquaza GX that I cant spell.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
I kinda agree the only real playable cards from what I've seen at this point is the Rayquaza GX that I cant spell.

Shrine (archetype of its own)
Acro Bike (was good in its first format, is insane in a slower one)
Energy Recycle System (was good in its original format, still good here)
Tate & Liza (virtually everything)
Stakataka GX (Beast Box, Big Metals)
Hustle Belt (Goomy disruption, Alolan Dugtrio, Donphan from Lost Thunder, Heracross etc)
Last Chance Potion (Donphan from Lost Thunder, Heracross, baby Buzz)
Steven's Resolve (stage 2 decks, Metagross)
Metagross (both with the GX and as its own deck)
Swampert (Mallow, Aqua Patch, Magcargo etc)
Magcargo (Zoroark GX, Buzzwole, Swampert, Ludicolo, Heat Factory, Alolan Sandslash etc)
Electrode GX (Sceptile, Donphan, Baby Buzz, Quagsire waterbox etc)
Banette GX (Zoroark GX, Garbodor, Baby Buzz)
Copycat (in virtually everything)
Sceptile (Shrine, Electrode GX)
Articuno GX (Suicune GX partner, one off in water decks)
Deoxys (attack form only)
Latias Prism
Latios Prism
Sableye

The set is absolutely full of very playable cards

Last edited:
Back