• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Hex Helper Double OH!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 25, 2017
What does the 252 EV limit patch do, exactly? What's the A-Map face down bug?

EDIT: Ok, so I read up on EVs and I get what the patch does, now. That leaves the AM thing?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This is a pretty nice tool for making small hacks more accessible. I was having issues getting the coloured nature stats to work but this tool managed to do what I couldn't in no time flat. So thanks :D

What does the Fix Tall Grass and Fix A-Map Face Down bug do exactly?

The first one allows you to use tall grass in FR like RSE had in the routes around Fortree City. Its most easily remembered as the kind that doesn't allow you to cycle through it. Just set the behaviour byte of a tile in Advance Map to 03 to get the animation.

The A-Map Face Down bug is pretty notorious as there is a broken NPC behaviour byte that causes the game to break if the player gets into a battle/ opens the menu while an OW with the behaviour is on screen. Lots of new hackers use it rather than select the 'No Movement' and wonder why their games are crashing. Spherical Ice fixed it a while ago.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 2, 2023
Hello. The evolution without national pokedex didn't work for me. Nothing happened when my Taillow reached level 20. I also marked the running shoes and run indoors patches and those worked fine. Do I need to mark another specific patch alongside it to get it to work?

EDIT: Sorry, nevermind. I got it to work. Thanks a lot for this wonderful tool.

Last edited:

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
The BW2 Repel patch appears to clash somehow with decapitalization patches and I don't know why :\
If I apply the decap patch on a ROM where I've already inserted the Repel system, the message appears, but it won't use the Repel even if I say Yes.
Meanwhile, if I do the opposite and try to apply this function on a ROM with the Decap patch applied, HH2OH acts as if the Repel system has already been inserted, even though I didn't do anything.
However, If I deselect the option from HH2OH menu and then insert the routine appears to work fine. I could go with this, but I would like to make sure I won't find any bugs later on before proceeding. Anyone could help?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
The BW2 Repel patch appears to clash somehow with decapitalization patches and I don't know why :\
If I apply the decap patch on a ROM where I've already inserted the Repel system, the message appears, but it won't use the Repel even if I say Yes.
Meanwhile, if I do the opposite and try to apply this function on a ROM with the Decap patch applied, HH2OH acts as if the Repel system has already been inserted, even though I didn't do anything.
However, If I deselect the option from HH2OH menu and then insert the routine appears to work fine. I could go with this, but I would like to make sure I won't find any bugs later on before proceeding. Anyone could help?

What decap patches are you using?

Subzero Eclipse

Because I say so.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
What decap patches are you using?
This is the one I have used, I found it on a thread here (cannot post the link for now). The only decap patch I could come across since Wichu's one vanished.

Attachments

• [FR]Decapitalization.ips
    111.8 KB · Views: 6

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
This is the one I have used, I found it on a thread here (cannot post the link for now). The only decap patch I could come across since Wichu's one vanished.

Okay so from what I can tell, is that part of the ASM that gets inserted according to the original tutorial by @Darthatron overwrites some text used by one of the day care people. The reason the program is tripped into thinking that the patch is already inserted is because the decap patch that you use changes this script. If I get some free time later this week I'll add an extra check for this patch. But as long as you remake the script if you plan on using the default day care. Always make sure you have backups anyways!

bluhacks263

"My first hack I'm making, a remake of Yellow on F
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Jun 19, 2021
Thanks for the wonderful tool. Saves a lot of time when you need to fix things in Firered without searching old threads for the hex values.

Back