• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pok?mon: Stygian Version (vDEMO_0.015 RELEASED!)

What have you done so far in vDEMO_0.013? Please don't select anything if you haven't got the requir

• I skipped the introduction sequence in the shrine (requires: 5, cannot conflict with 6)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wolfboyft

Pokémon Generation 2 Hacker
Years
Guess what!

I released 0.010! Unfortunately no chainsaw/scarf yet, but there's still some cool stuff.

If you find any bugs, let me know, PLEASE. Gotta fix 'em all!

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Breaking news! The repository has been "refreshed," by which I mean I made a new fork, and am currently setting it up.

Find it here: https://github.com/wolfboyft/pokestygian
Have you heard about merging branches?
You can anytime merge the changes made to the forked pokecrystal master branch to your own hack branch like explained here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1123344/merging-between-forks-in-github

That way you can work with your one repository all the time and whenever something is updated to pokecrystal, merge the changes to your own repository. In case you happen to edit the same file in your forked branch that is also edited in pokecrystal, a "merge conflict" occurs and you'll have to fix that. It's pretty simple though.

wolfboyft

Years
Have you heard about merging branches?
You can anytime merge the changes made to the forked pokecrystal master branch to your own hack branch like explained here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1123344/merging-between-forks-in-github

That way you can work with your one repository all the time and whenever something is updated to pokecrystal, merge the changes to your own repository. In case you happen to edit the same file in your forked branch that is also edited in pokecrystal, a "merge conflict" occurs and you'll have to fix that. It's pretty simple though.

Yup, that's the plan. Work on a feature, want a release out but the feature's not done? Switch to the master branch, have a nice time making and creating the patch, put it up on the website and continue to edit the branch. Then when it's done, merge the branch into master and do whatever. Right? And obviously update from upstream from time to time.

wolfboyft

Years
I'm definitely still working on the hack. I try to work on it every day, and I mostly succeed. The next version is going to be a big one. Not sure why I'm "charging it up for a big release" like this, but I am. Check https://github.com/wolfboyft/pokestygian every once in a while to see if there's any new git commits :)

wolfboyft

Years
Ran out of money? Ran out of trainers to battle to get your Pokémon some levels?
Fear not! Just walk! Your EXP counter will have a 1/3 chance of incrementing every step. Increment one more time at 255 experience and you'll level up! Experience goes down to 0, and your level increments. You can't level up if your level is at 255, by the way. You start with 0 exp and 0 levels. Now, how does this help you with the issues above? Well, if you go to the ankh shrine, and interact with it, you can trade in your levels for Poké orbs (rare candies,) money and more.

Coming soon in version DEMO_0.013!!

wolfboyft

Years
Hey does anyone on here have a pure Crystal Rom?! I've been looking for one forever to patch crystal based hacks with! If you can email it to me at [email protected] that'd be AWESOME

Play on!

I know of a good site, it is known as "Vimm's lair." That's not a link, so that should be OK...

Anyway. That's where you can get ROMs.

OR you could just clone and make my repository. OR you could just dump the ROM from a real Crystal cartridge.

wolfboyft

Years
I would like to know... how far have players of Stygian's latest version got?
Did you get the first (and currently final) gem? Did you get stuck at the big rocks? Tell me, I'd love to know!!

EDIT: Added a poll to the original post for this.

Last edited:

wolfboyft

Years
I just released a NON-broken IPS for 0.014. I had no idea 0.013's IPS was broken k thx bye

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
OMG How did I forget about this!?
I will play it immediately!

Ok so I am playing it and when I put on the suit of armor then went back to the skrine surrounded by those people who gave me the lavitar my chaacter lost the suit of armor but kept the armors pallet

Last edited:

wolfboyft

Years
OMG How did I forget about this!?
I will play it immediately!

Ok so I am playing it and when I put on the suit of armor then went back to the skrine surrounded by those people who gave me the lavitar my chaacter lost the suit of armor but kept the armors pallet

Bug reports are very serious, and they need a bit more information than that. At what exact moment did you lose the armour? When you went through the warp? Or...

Thank you VERY much for the report. It means a lot.

wolfboyft

Years
Never mind, fixed it, and improved the armour by removing some stupidly-left-in waitbutton and closetext (a user who goes by the name of PikalaxALT on GitHub and #pret over on the freenode IRC network changed the names of commands, so what you see is not what you find in PKSV. He can be quoted as saying "fuck PKSV," because, well... disassembly master race) script commands (yeah, the bike (what I changed into the armour) uses scripts!) meaning that you don't have to press A for no reason when switching the armour on/off now!

Edit:
vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015! vDEMO_0.015!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
Never mind, fixed it, and improved the armour by removing some stupidly-left-in waitbutton and closetext (a user who goes by the name of PikalaxALT on GitHub and #pret over on the freenode IRC network changed the names of commands, so what you see is not what you find in PKSV. He can be quoted as saying "**** PKSV," because, well... disassembly master race) script commands (yeah, the bike (what I changed into the armour) uses scripts!) meaning that you don't have to press A for no reason when switching the armour on/off now!

Oops forgot to trll you what I thought of it! I really like the gameplay! Great demo! :D

Back