• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Quantium

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
This is a game I've been thinking of making for awhile this game is making the physics in Pokemon a little more realistic. You can still break the laws of physics though you can still break space and time so don't worry.

This game will have new features like

The story goes that you are the son of a Pokemon Professor (Father) and you're mother is a physicist. While growing up you learn all you can about both science and Pokemon. You are now the acceptable age to obtain a Pokemon and traval the Velo region. Sadly, you're parents won't let you become a trainer instead they want you to be a scientist. You're parents say they are going to the Pokemon lab to do research on a new type of Pokemon. You are home alone sleeping then awaken from a loud explosion.

Running to you're window, you see wild transformed Pokemon attacking the town. You later find the explosion was the when the Pokemon lab is attacked by a mysterious group which use the lab's Pokemon as well as the wild Pokemon to attack the town with a strange device transform and strengthen them while the town's house and people are floating off the ground You open you're Window to see a normal Pokemon jump in you're room frighten under the bed. You look back to see you're parents and the other scientists being taken away by the mysterious figures You have to use you're wits and you're new friend to save the town, save the Pokemon and find you're parents while traveling the Velo region and collecting the 8 gyms badges to the Velo league. You may even learns a couple things along the way.

Think you are up for the challenge ?
New Pokemon
New region called the Velo Region
New moves EX: Wintergreen a gas type move that goes into the targets body ( mostly the lungs) causing a poison at some point
New items Inertia Gloves
Seasons cycle for scenery
Day and night cycle (Certain Pokemon will appear during the day or night.)
A Story ( whether it will be good or not is up to you're taste.)
Mega Evolutions
All based on physics

A new types: Plasma and Gas
So much more

I know it is not much but I have trouble with story plots and learning how to make a game so it will have some bugs like every game does. ( when it is released)

Note: I do not have a computer yet so I have to obviously get one.

Please give me some feedback and tell be what you think.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
Well, that's not a lot to go on.

What will the new Pokemon be like? Similar to the official Pokemon, or vastly different?
What will the new region be like?
What will the new moves be like? Similar to existing moves, or vastly different?
What will the new items be like? What do Inertia Gloves do?
How will the seasons affect the game?
What will the story be like?
What will the Plasma type be like?

A Pokemon game with a theme of physics sounds interesting, but we need some specific examples of what you actually mean by that before we can give any advice.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
Storywise, what if the hero sets off on their own against their parents' wishes, but is given a starter pokemon and pokedex by another family member ( Grandparent, Aunt, Uncle). The rival could be a cousin.
During the beginning of the journey, the hero hears rumors of a group using pokemon to wreck havoc in the region. They are interested in rare types.
After winning a couple badges, the hero decides to return home to show the progress they have made. Upon arriving home they hear an explosion. Leaving their house, they are confronted by a mix of wild and crazed pokemon. The hero fight's their way to their parents lab. The closer they get, the stranger the environment gets. Houses, people and some pokemon are floating of the ground. As the hero reaches the lab, they float off the ground and watch as a group of bandits pass by carrying of their ill gotten gains(including one of their parents). Everything falls back down and fade to black.
The hero wakes up in their bed and when they go downstairs( assuming it's a 2 story house) they talk to their surviving parent and find out the bandits took off with new tech that alters certain pokemon, allowing them to transform into the new types( Plasma and Gas). The kidnapped parent will be forced to continue the research to expand to pokemon who can be changed.
The surviving parent is impressed with how far the hero has come and begins to reward the hero for how many pokemon they have obtained.
The hero receives "Surf" and is tasked to go to the island the parents found the original source pokemon they based their research on. The hero meets his parent's assistants who live on the island in a rest house. They help the hero after reading a letter the parent sent along with the hero. On the island the hero comes across a few natural "Plasma" and "Gas" types and collects a few fossils. The hero may even come across a new legendary pokemon. It may be unobtainable, but it drops an item that will allow another pokemon to evolve into it.
As the hero progresses through the rest of the game, they acquire new items to help in the rescue of their parent and to put a stop to the bad guys plans. And also their quest to be the very best.
The main boss pokemon could be a shifting type based on the other pokemon in their trainer's control.
The rival is also your ally in the rescue of your parent.
One of the items could be the pokemon transformer that turns their move types into Plasma or Gas Types. Or you could leave a pokemon( holding said item) with a scientist/Poke daycare worker and come back to a transformed pokemon( different color scheme and new type moves).
I like the name of Inertia Gloves. I imagined them as taking on the roles of the HM's Strength and Rock Smash in the game.
I hope this helps or least gives you new ideas. Your original idea just opened the floodgates for my imagination.

Back