• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite generation in Pokemon design

DEWGgaming

Newest Legend
Years
Can't go wrong with good ole' Gen 1, though some of the original sprites were... uh... something...

images

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Sinnoh had the best designs.

All their Pokemon were either super cute or super weird or both. I loved it. Its quite strange I never played through pearl though (i was a teenager when i had the game, so....i was going through a lot of teen stuff >_<;;; ).

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
almost all of my favourite mons are from gen iv, but i also love a lot of gen ii designs too... i have a soft spot for cuter pokemon and both of those generations definitely fed to that :~D

Years
As much as I like sinnoh and kanto, I feel kalos had the best pokemon designs. I like the introduction of the fairy type and the design choices for some of the pokemon, as well as some clever ideas for pokemon such as pumpkaboo and klefki, which are so cute and so fun to battle with. Also, I feel the pokemon go with the region well and help make x and y enjoyable to play.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
As much as I like sinnoh and kanto, I feel kalos had the best pokemon designs. I like the introduction of the fairy type and the design choices for some of the pokemon, as well as some clever ideas for pokemon such as pumpkaboo and klefki, which are so cute and so fun to battle with. Also, I feel the pokemon go with the region well and help make x and y enjoyable to play.

Omg my words exactly <3

pkmin3033

Gen IV. With the exception of Lucario, I love pretty much all of the Pokemon designs from it - it combines the best of previous generations with evolutions/pre-evolutions, and all-new Pokemon, including Legendaries that actually look the part and then some. It has a few lousy designs, as no generation is perfect, but the ratio of good/bad designs is much lower than any other gen in my opinion.

...plus the water starter is a penguin. Also, Bastiodon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Kanto and Johto had the best designs. I stopped caring since Hoenn and the Pokémon designs were one of the reasons.

Years
Gen 3. If I had to sum up the designs with one word it would be elegant. There is a great consistency to the designs, so many simply beautiful Pokemon designed with long, graceful use of line such as Absol, Milotic, Rayquaza, Manetric, Gardevoir. The designs to tend be handsome but relatively simple and timeless with pleasant but quieter color schemes. The Pokemon often look regal, over-designed mons are very rare if at all in this region. As this was the region that introduced the spectacle of contests to the pokemon world it seems to me that Game Freak really wanted to make this a lovely and mature world to look at, and I think this splendor is carried over into the landscapes which are so peaceful yet diverse.

Often Pokemon have fascinating cultural origins, but Hoenn in particular I think put careful thought into designs that reflect this. Mawile is a good example, because it draws its inspiration from Futakuchi-Onna, the yokai from Japanese who has a second mouth that she conceals at the back of her skull. Yet there is also a good balance of completely original, whimsical designs like Spoink. Down Below is a picture of the legendary creature I am referring to.

Poketuber Truegreen7 who is a professional artst and very talented made a top 10 list of his opiniof of the most beautiful Pokemon and a good chunk of the pokemon on that list came from Hoenn, we nabbed 3 spots, 4 depending on whether or not you regard a certain Pokemon more beautiful in its mega or base form, not to mention we received several honorable mentions. I think that is a pretty good endorsement that we're not so bad. You might want to check out all the stunning Pokemon from a variety of regions included here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcZaj0uhxT4

Back