• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Uploading the rom now. It was due to movement positions. All of the changes really messed a lot of'em up. You can walk back and forth from the desert to Novella Lab now. Remember what I posted earlier though. If you have Advance Map, you can fix these errors on your own by either removing them or fixing the movement position in the specific area. UPLOADING UPDATED ROM NOW

wait 10 minutes after this post time to download. Thank You.

EDIT: Larvesta will be fixed after the holidays. Sorry everyone. But any other problem that occurs in the hack that prevents you from going farther I will be here today til 12am to fix. I'll be back on wednesday to fix more errors. Tomorrow you'll have to fix the errors for yourselves on A-Map.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2014
Another things..
1, Dark Peteˇs quest repeats if I (after defeating him) move down.
2, I have to battle Kaiˇs DAD twice (if i talk to him first)

Ashor

Devil Summoner
Years
EDIT: Larvesta will be fixed after the holidays. Sorry everyone. But any other problem that occurs in the hack that prevents you from going farther I will be here today til 12am to fix. I'll be back on wednesday to fix more errors. Tomorrow you'll have to fix the errors for yourselves on A-Map.

Cool, can't wait till then, Larvesta you will not ignore me any more!
Also, have a nice Christmas!

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
hey DarkRisingGirl i downloaded it and cannot play it because there is a white screen idk how to fix can you help me pls?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
hey DarkRisingGirl i downloaded it and cannot play it because there is a white screen idk how to fix can you help me pls?

You may be patching it to the wrong fire red rom. If that doesn't work, PM for more assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Finally! Final Version is released! Congratulation DarkRisingGirl!
Well I'll try this right away. :D

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Well.. I had to create an account just to tell this. HAHA!
Loved your hack.. I went crazy going through the story.

Buuut.. I'm at Twilight Zone now, defeated Tarea, and she tells me to go forth *blah *blah* from a bond with the 4 Pokemon.. But, I can't go FORWARD. Something is blocking the way. >.<

Oh, and sadly, I dunno how to use Advance Map. XD
Soo, it would be reallyyy cooooool if you fixed that. Thanks! :D

My underleveled team (Except for Garchomp, Woohoo!):

Hippowdon (Lvl. 67): Body Slam, Attract, Stealth Rock, Iron Tail
Gliscor (Lvl. 67); Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Fly, X-Scissor
Garchomp (Lvl. 90): Iron Head, Earthquake, Outrage, Swords Dance
Lucario (Lvl. 70): Aura Sphere, Psychic, Swords Dance, Blaze Kick
Excadrill (Lvl. 63): Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Flash Cannon
Ferrothorn (Lvl. 63): Leech Seed, Protect, Thunder Wave, Spikes

Any suggestions to improve my team? I don't know how to build a good one. :(
Oh, and I didn't EV train them.. Their stats look good even without them. XD

Andd.. Where can I find Magnemite? I want a Magnezone for my team.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@alienhunter: I believe those door-walks are due to the ROM base, not actual ROM bug...
@DRG: You can just switch the 5th badge with the 8th badge which is just changing one flag to fix Larvesta/Volcarona not obeying =)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Well.. I had to create an account just to tell this. HAHA!
Loved your hack.. I went crazy going through the story.

Buuut.. I'm at Twilight Zone now, defeated Tarea, and she tells me to go forth *blah *blah* from a bond with the 4 Pokemon.. But, I can't go FORWARD. Something is blocking the way. >.<

Oh, and sadly, I dunno how to use Advance Map. XD
Soo, it would be reallyyy cooooool if you fixed that. Thanks! :D

My underleveled team (Except for Garchomp, Woohoo!):

Hippowdon (Lvl. 67): Body Slam, Attract, Stealth Rock, Iron Tail
Gliscor (Lvl. 67); Stone Edge, Swords Dance, Fly, X-Scissor
Garchomp (Lvl. 90): Iron Head, Earthquake, Outrage, Swords Dance
Lucario (Lvl. 70): Aura Sphere, Psychic, Swords Dance, Blaze Kick
Excadrill (Lvl. 63): Rock Slide, Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Flash Cannon
Ferrothorn (Lvl. 63): Leech Seed, Protect, Thunder Wave, Spikes

Any suggestions to improve my team? I don't know how to build a good one. :(
Oh, and I didn't EV train them.. Their stats look good even without them. XD

Andd.. Where can I find Magnemite? I want a Magnezone for my team.

I'll look into that right now before I sign off for the day. I'll post an updated rom with that fixed shortly. As for Magnemite, download the "WildPokemonList" on the main post which shows you where every Pokemon is located Except the legendaries. Thanks, hope you enjoy when I fix your problem.

@alienhunter: I believe those door-walks are due to the ROM base, not actual ROM bug...
@DRG: You can just switch the 5th badge with the 8th badge which is just changing one flag to fix Larvesta/Volcarona not obeying =)

Thanks, I'll get to that very soon.

UPDATED ROM POSTED

Update clears the way after the Tarea battle in the Twilight Zone. We're getting closer everyone. Soon, they'll be No more bugs. Merry Christmas & Enjoy Pokemon Dark Rising 1. Dark Rising 2 will continue to be in the works at the start of next year. The second chapter in the Dark Rising Trilogy is Coming Soon. I'll be back on Wednesday! ^.^

Last edited by a moderator:

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
UPDATED ROM POSTED

Update clears the way after the Tarea battle in the Twilight Zone. We're getting closer everyone. Soon, they'll be No more bugs. Merry Christmas & Enjoy Pokemon Dark Rising 1. Dark Rising 2 will continue to be in the works at the start of next year. The second chapter in the Dark Rising Trilogy is Coming Soon. I'll be back on Wednesday! ^.^

Thanks a loooot!! Merry Christmas! You deserved the rest/celebration(?)! Already Excited for Dark Rising 2. Another game to spend 5-6 days on. LoL :D

Years
Ok,I found another bug. In Millenium City when you exit the cave dray and sidney don't say anything,even when I tried talking to them nothing happened,it's like they have no script or something.So you could you please check it out?

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Download the newest rom I just uploaded for now. The Adrian Umbreon battle shouldn't be there anymore as it's been removed from the hack. I'll be uploading a newer rom in the next few hours.

ok, I loaded my save before fight with Dark Pete, but when I beat him my gameboid close, what is wrong ?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Ok,I found another bug. In Millenium City when you exit the cave dray and sidney don't say anything,even when I tried talking to them nothing happened,it's like they have no script or something.So you could you please check it out?

Did you defeat Nora (Numassity gym leader) & Bruce (Montage Fortress gym leader)? When I tested it, Sydney and Dray spoke and the event worked like it should. Unfortunetly, I can't check at the moment.

ok, I loaded my save before fight with Dark Pete, but when I beat him my gameboid close, what is wrong ?

That's weird, he's working perfectly. Try going in and out of the area since it's a new patch.

Sorry I can't be much help at the moment guys. By Wednesday, I'll have more stuff sorted out and the time to check these events better. It's strange user Mia-San was able to complete the entire hack with only the Adrian problem occuring(Which is now fixed) but everyone else is having problems. I'll try to have this stuff sorted out within the week. Again, sorry guys. If anyone else gets stuck at Millennium City, please inform me. Sydney and Dray's scripts have to work to continue the hack properly. I'll look more into it Wednesday.

Last edited:

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
Same problem. If you press b you just lose, but atleast you dont freeze there.
How did you beat him? I dd'ed 3 times with lv60 mence and a few hyper potions. Brick break is 2HKO.
I was answering the guy above you.

my team:

salamence lvl 75
Veniphede lvl 65
EELEEKTROS lvl 67
Blastoisce lvl 65
Rhyperior 55
Absol 45

spam full restore

and i abuse VS Seeker thats why i have high lvl's

hmmm. ill DL the new update version tomorow i hope that it wont bug my gpSP :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2012
Bug after battle with Tarea and the 3 pixies + deoxys.

The road up is blocked, and the road to return freezes the game.

Edit: I fixed it myself. AM'ed the blocked tiles to allow movement.

Last edited:
Back