Computers Where do you put your taskbar?

Started by The Roniverse May 13th, 2020 10:30 AM
  • 18 replies

The Roniverse

Drinks ketchup straight from the bottle

Male
Philippines
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
1,149 posts
7.3 Years
For desktop users out there, are you one of the mainstream crowd who just leaves their taskbar at the default bottom position, or do you like placing them in a more funky area?

One time on a whim I decided to try placing mine to the left side, and somehow I got used to it after a very short amount of time. It's now been there for over a year at this point, and I feel like I'll be doing this with all PCs I'll own from now on huehue. How 'bout y'all?
I will not hesitate to make a Let's Play of your hack on my Youtube channel if I really like how it looks.
https://www.youtube.com/TheRoniverseOfficial

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 23
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
5,843 posts
11.4 Years
Mine's always at the bottom. I never really think about moving it, or anything, since it'd feel unnatural to me for it to be somewhere else. @[email protected]
Theme: Nagito Komaeda
Pair: Drew

The Roniverse

Male
Philippines
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
1,149 posts
7.3 Years
Mine's always at the bottom. I never really think about moving it, or anything, since it'd feel unnatural to me for it to be somewhere else. @[email protected]
True. I kept mine at the bottom for over a decade. I don't know what drove me to give the side taskbar style a try but hey, rn it works really well for me hehe.

Also, I feel like I might be able to transition to Linux a bit better now lol. Pls feel free to prove me wrong, anyone.
I will not hesitate to make a Let's Play of your hack on my Youtube channel if I really like how it looks.

erik destler

would like to battle!

Age 28
Male
louisiana
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
8,852 posts
15.1 Years
i feel uncomfortable with it anywhere but the bottom of my screen

Eleanor

Countless shards

Age 20
Italy
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 8 Hours Ago
817 posts
4 Years
I actually would like the taskbar on the left... if I wasn't basically forced to use small icons, to have the little status icons positioned that way and the time and day occupying so much space! I've tried once and these problems really stood out to me, I couldn't get used to it! And this is why I keep the taskbar on the bottom (which is also still better than on top, in my opinion) 😊

The Roniverse

Male
Philippines
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
1,149 posts
7.3 Years
I actually would like the taskbar on the left... if I wasn't basically forced to use small icons, to have the little status icons positioned that way and the time and day occupying so much space! I've tried once and these problems really stood out to me, I couldn't get used to it! And this is why I keep the taskbar on the bottom (which is also still better than on top, in my opinion) 😊
That's the one main main con about it sadly. Much less real estate resulting in smaller icons and a weird time and date arrangement. I got used to it over the years however, and I'm not the type to put too many apps on the taskbar either, so it all works out hehe.

Dark Zeta

I like penguins

Age 25
Male
Mississippi, U.S.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
224 posts
5.6 Years
All of mine go to the top of my screen regardless of OS. I have a dock at the bottom also regardless of OS.

The Roniverse

Male
Philippines
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
1,149 posts
7.3 Years
All of mine go to the top of my screen regardless of OS. I have a dock at the bottom also regardless of OS.
Yo what dock software do you use for Windows? Curious cat here.

Dark Zeta

I like penguins

Age 25
Male
Mississippi, U.S.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
224 posts
5.6 Years
Yo what dock software do you use for Windows? Curious cat here.
I've been using the free version of Winstep Nexus. It's the closest thing that I can get to a Windows equivalent to my Linux docks: Plank and Latte.

The Roniverse

Male
Philippines
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
1,149 posts
7.3 Years
I've been using the free version of Winstep Nexus. It's the closest thing that I can get to a Windows equivalent to my Linux docks: Plank and Latte.
Checking this out right now much thanks.

Tsutarja

Age 25
Male
FL/VA
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
25,830 posts
10.3 Years
On the bottom, where it belongs

;)

Aquacorde

... to the w o r l d. 🥂

Age 26
Non-binary
Ankh-Morpork
Seen 36 Minutes Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
on the bottom like normal except on my surface pro 4. i put it on top on that bc my wrist kept hitting things on the taskbar when i would draw

Drew

Rose Toss

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
11,130 posts
14.9 Years
Mine is on the left side, because I stuck it there one day years ago and decided I liked it that way.

Now when I put it back on the bottom I don't remember where things are anymore. LOL

"It's something like a gift".
paired to Palamon

colours

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 7 Hours Ago
6,394 posts
15.2 Years
at the bottom currently, although i have thought about moving it around.

Dark Zeta

I like penguins

Age 25
Male
Mississippi, U.S.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
224 posts
5.6 Years
Checking this out right now much thanks.
Just wanting to update you. I've been having some issues with Nexus, so I've swapped back to Rocketdock on WIndows. It's a little bit more setup, but it really works nice once you get it setup properly. :)