Proposal Smogon Pet Mods Article

Started by Petuuuhhh 5 Days Ago 5:12 PM
  • 3 replies
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
15 posts
86 Days
Hi! I've been in the Smogon Pet Mod community for a while, running 2 separate Pet Mods. I would like to write an article on what it's like in the community. Things like, what each Pet Mod brings to the table, what it's like to run one, whether or not it's worth it with limited teambuilder/search support, not on main (or in the case of Pet Mod of the Season, on main, but nobody plays), etc.

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
15,747 posts
12.4 Years
Hi! I've been in the Smogon Pet Mod community for a while, running 2 separate Pet Mods. I would like to write an article on what it's like in the community. Things like, what each Pet Mod brings to the table, what it's like to run one, whether or not it's worth it with limited teambuilder/search support, not on main (or in the case of Pet Mod of the Season, on main, but nobody plays), etc.
Apologies for the delay in responding.

I admit I don't know much about smogon, let along pet mods. For my understanding's sake, can you please give an example of one of those mods, how it works, etc?

colours

Female
the dream world
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
6,394 posts
15.2 Years
i admit that i am only vaguely familiar with pet mods, but from the best of my understanding they can be summed up as "personal metagames". whereas things like balanced hackmons, monotype, 1v1 etc, still have some sort of structure, pet mods are personal metagames from people who kind of want to create their own metagames with whatever rules they want with whatever structure they want to set in place. assuming i understood that right.

if so, this would seem to be an interesting article worth reading o:

bobandbill

This is fine.

Male
A cape
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
15,747 posts
12.4 Years
Yeah, after getting the explanation from colours, I'd be interested. Nonetheless, would like to hear a little more about them first before giving approval.