• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
White Forest/Black City Entralink - does the person have to be in your area or just needs to be connected with you by WiFi/other means (and can live in other foreign places)?

To connect to Entralink for White Forest/Black City the person needs to be in your area as this is done by wireless and not wi-fi.

ArcanusTheMage

The Defender
Years
Hi, quick question folks.

If for example on double battles, opposite team with a Pokemon that gives HP EV and another that gives Atk EV, if i just kill the HP one and run away, will I still get the HP EVs?

Thank you for your time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
WHich Game to choose.

Hi i was wondering i want to buy a new pokemon game . which one should i get. pokemon black, or black 2 and why? thank you

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hi, quick question folks.

If for example on double battles, opposite team with a Pokemon that gives HP EV and another that gives Atk EV, if i just kill the HP one and run away, will I still get the HP EVs?

Thank you for your time.

Yeah, the EVs count when a Pokemon is defeated, not when the battle ends, so as long as it's defeated then your EVs are added.

Hi i was wondering i want to buy a new pokemon game . which one should i get. pokemon black, or black 2 and why? thank you

Merged with Quick Questions, by the way! It depends on you. Black 2 isn't released in English, and Black has been for a while, so for an English experience (as most players want), you'd be better off waiting. However, Black and Black 2 have vastly different storylines, and different cover legendaries, too. Black has Reshiram and Black 2 has Black Kyurem, so... due to the games being so different, I'd suggest getting both, but buying Black now. It's definitely worth it. n_n

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Hmm, as a personal opinion I'd say you should get Black for starters and then Black 2 later on (plus it's not even released in English yet anyway!). Black 2 is a sequel to it in the long run, so it'll be better if you play through the first games, first. :p Plus Black and White needs the love! Though I mean, it's all up to you in the end. Search reviews/information on both and see what you want to do!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If you want to experience the entire story, then yes, start with Black. You could get Black 2 (I'll be doing White 2, too many exclusives that aren't in Black and not much unique to trade for them) on Oct. 7 and collect promo Pokémon with it, however, but don't go too far or you'll reveal some of the past storyline. Start with Black or White (with the White Forest and possible Pokémon available in the area by Entralinking with Black) now, then start a sequel.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
Hey guys, so ithink everyone heard about Keldeo event.. im trying to get it but everytime im trying to get it i can't? my connection is 3lines and green (i use DSi) but when i use "Get gift via wireless it get to red and dont give a gift :(?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey guys, so ithink everyone heard about Keldeo event.. im trying to get it but everytime im trying to get it i can't? my connection is 3lines and green (i use DSi) but when i use "Get gift via wireless it get to red and dont give a gift :(?

Are you at one of the designated stores giving away the Keldeo, there should be signs up. It is not a Wifi event.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I can verify you must be at the store. The way it works is they receive a device that looks like a standard DS model of some sort, and that model is programmed with the Keldeo information, which also verifies whether your system is flagged as having already received it (so if you trade it, in other words, you're screwed).

At the local EB, they had forgotten to turn it on, and I was attempting to assist someone else who had come in (a kid, of course...boy, I felt old) when the discovery was made. After that, both of us got the Keldeo. That's how I know what it looks like. It looks like those demo devices you see at technology stores, however, like the recent one demoing the newest incarnation of Mario Tennis for the 3DS.

Cyclone

Years
Hey,
I was going to a rotation match on Pokemon White and every time I search for a game on GTS I get the message... 'There was a problem with your pokemon and they are unable to participate' any help?

My team (All level 100) -

Machamp

Substitute
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
Thunderpunch

Umbreon
Toxic
Shadow Ball
Payback
Wish

Gengar
Disable
Shadow ball
Substitute
Focus Blast

Farfetch'd
Swords Dance
Return
Revenge
Brave Bird

Lanturn
Scald
Thunder Wave
Volt Switch
Ice Beam

Arcanine
ExtremeSpeed
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Crunch

All of my Pokemon have been trained up by me and none of them are hacked.

Years
I need help finding a link to the gamestops with Keldeo event in United States/North America, anyone got links?

Hey,
I was going to a rotation match on Pokemon White and every time I search for a game on GTS I get the message... 'There was a problem with your pokemon and they are unable to participate' any help?
Take off all items your pokemon have equipped, if that doesn't solve your problem then maybe some other person knows what's the problem.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
Help!! game sync

I have pokemon black and my game sync id wont work... it says its on another account.. is there anyway i can change it to this account? i dont even know how its on another account....

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Hey,

My team (All level 100) -

Machamp

Substitute
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge
Thunderpunch

Umbreon
Toxic
Shadow Ball
Payback
Wish

Gengar
Disable
Shadow ball
Substitute
Focus Blast

Farfetch'd
Swords Dance
Return
Revenge
Brave Bird

Lanturn
Scald
Thunder Wave
Volt Switch
Ice Beam

Arcanine
ExtremeSpeed
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Crunch

All of my Pokemon have been trained up by me and none of them are hacked.

What are the abilities your Pokemon have? Also what locations does it say they were captured? There obviously is something wrong with one of your Pokemon.

Try posting their stats as well, WITH EVs if you EV trained them.

EDIT: What genders do you have as well. If your Umbreon is Female and has Dream World ability, its hacked.

I have pokemon black and my game sync id wont work... it says its on another account.. is there anyway i can change it to this account? i dont even know how its on another account....

Did you get this game from a friend? Did you start a new game on it? Did you have a Pokemon.com/Dream World account before?

Each ID is randomized as soon as you start your game and is revealed when you Sync for the first time. If your Sync is already in use then you or someone else registered it already. You have to find the account its being used under or start a new game to reset your Sync ID.

Years
As it turns out, my only local game-stop (literally right next to me) is closed for maintenance.

That's not all though, it's closed for maintenance so they can destroy it and make more space for baskin' fatnuts, I'm so happy :D

/sarcasm

Alright, I guess I can try the Game-stop in 86 St.

Also, let me get this straight, to get Keldeo, you just need to go into Mystery gift, click "GET VIA WIRELESS" and voila! Correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back