• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
Years
  • Age 98
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
day night system. read the first post. where he gives awnsers to people question. he said maybe. but a posibility about day and night going in to the game. :)

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Zel said that all pokemon locations will be the same as in Gold.
With Hoenn pokemon as rare encounters a every route/cave etc

I knew that the Hoenn pokemon were rare.

What about the pokemon that can only be found in Silver:
Ekans
Arbok
Vulpix
Ninetales
Meowth
Persian
Ledyba
Ledian
Delibird
Skarmory
Phanpy
Donphan
Lugia

Will they be in Shiny Gold too?

Years

Ekans
Arbok
Vulpix
Ninetales
Meowth
Persian
Ledyba
Ledian
Delibird
Skarmory
Phanpy
Donphan
Lugia

First post says that all pokemon are catchable, so yes =p

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009

Lugia

Lugia was in Gold, silly. It's not availble in SG yet (well I can't confirm that) and is caught after going to Kanto in GSC.

Also, is there anyway to challenge trainers immediately in Beta 5 or do I actually have to be patient? Also, I manned up and started over. I guess it helps me appreciate the beta more.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
Lugia was in Gold, silly. It's not availble in SG yet (well I can't confirm that) and is caught after going to Kanto in GSC.

Also, is there anyway to challenge trainers immediately in Beta 5 or do I actually have to be patient? Also, I manned up and started over. I guess it helps me appreciate the beta more.

We can't reach pewter city, yet so no lugia. I may consider starting over again, since the game has gotten rather boring, since I've done everything.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hi Zel, it's good to see the thread is reopened again, I haven't been viewing the Hacks Showcase lately.
But I really can't wait for Beta 6 to be released and nether can anyone, and also I'm wondering how long those mini game scripts are because I'm pretty sure that they're very long.
And good luck with Shiny Gold.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2009
I'm sorry to say this but..

The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible, may I suggest something? there are hidden theme songs in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald that you could use, most of them are Johto themes, and never have been used before, and that would make the hack feel a little less generic. I mean...I feel like I'm playing something that's been rushed sometimes, the good points of this hack are its story, graphics and gameplay, I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible.

I really don't think that is the composer's problem. It's the way the ROM handles the new music being inserted.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 22, 2014
The remake has loads of music tracks that just seem umm...out of place, there are others that are so high in volume, that it makes the other tracks that were originally in-game seem silent if you get what I mean. Whoever is making those should be fired from your team or something, just try using the ones Nintendo composed because the new ones you added are just horrible, may I suggest something? there are hidden theme songs in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald that you could use, most of them are Johto themes, and never have been used before, and that would make the hack feel a little less generic. I mean...I feel like I'm playing something that's been rushed sometimes, the good points of this hack are its story, graphics and gameplay, I also noticed you changed sprites for some Pokemon which is great but please consider the music too, it's an important element too you know, and it also reflects how much effort you have put in to suit the game's atmosphere, please use better music. Get the ones unused from R/S/E, that will help it improve a lot, anyways thanks for listening.

yo man, if u realized this is a ***BETA***, this means than there are still errors found in the game, besides, no one from the begining of this post till the end commented about this fact but u so it can very well be that the rom u have is the problem of because of patching.

Years
And of course,the remixes from b6 are very good,those from b5 aren't so good.And Zel is just a starter in inserting music,so that's why the rom acts weird with music.So it's not the composer's fault and he shouldn't be fired at all.All the remixes clonex and magnius and birdofdna made are wonderful.

LiquidR

I am the shadow on the moon at night
Years

No Lugia was in Silver, Ho-Oh was catchable in Gold

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
No Lugia was in Silver, Ho-Oh was catchable in Gold

Lugio & Ho-oh are both in Gold and Silver.

Gold: You get the Rainbow Feather from the Radio Tower manager in Goldenrod after saving him. You can then enter the tower to capture Ho-oh.
When you arrive in Kanto, you can get the Silver Wing from an old guy in Pewter City (ion a house. Then you go back to Johto and capture Lugia.

Silver is the opposite. The Radio tower manager gives you the Silver Wing to battle/capture Lugia and the man in Pewter gives you the Rainbow feather.

Crystal is more wackier. You get the Crystal Bell from the Radio Tower Manager, so you can go to the tower. But you must capture the 3 Legendary Dogs/Cats/Gerbils/Whatever to make the stairs appear (Suicune battle in the tower itself). Silver Wing is at the same location as Gold.

As you can see, Lugia and Ho-oh were in all versions!!!

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Hey zel i was just wondering if there was a way to catch deoxys in the game. This video shows it but it looks kinda fake. Can you verify it?

Yes it is a fake. Somebody hacked the hack. I asked this before so I should know.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
WIP of my GSC Kanto Battle Theme Remix. It is actually a lot different than the one used in RBY and Fire Red.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y7TWVwH3TE

The Gym Theme for Kanto in GSC is also slightly different and I'll probably remix that too.

It just so happens that I was thinking what a Kanto Remix would sound like for this hack today o_O.

Anyway, not saying that this is better but I found a good Gym Leader remix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfpQ7hy-1vw&feature=related

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2009
Okay, seems my music improvement idea was hated and I know you guys appreciate what Zel's doing but you're not helping at all by saying that everything's okay, it's a beta I know that pretty well, and that's why we need to point out the problems...anyways Nintendo will make a remake in the end so why do I bother, wait correction, why does Zel even bother?...

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
well... he kind of is,
but it has WAY more stuff that the original had and improves more than fire red and leaf green did.

I also have an idea for a minigame,
you know the "money making game" in "The Legend of Zelda"
thats my idea
if you don't,
it gives you three choices and you pick one one gives you 30 rupees (l.o.z. money) and the others take 10 from you
I was thinking of using game corner coins for the prize and cost but you can change whatever you feel like changing...

Back