Patch Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use) Page 19

Started by Li Yun May 24th, 2021 3:40 PM
  • 461 replies

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the world is just a theater, a reflection of something we don't know?"

Male
Brasil
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
199 posts
1.7 Years
I wanna make 2 changes to the base using your modexe(remove the dns system and add exp.all) however both of them are yellow on the modexe and I'm worried they're gonna cause problems.Do you know if they might break something?
EDIT:ok I noticed that the exp all is already in but what about removing dns?
Soon I'll send you a patch to remove dns from the rom.
Owner of the base I added a scorbunny to my game but its moves are all messed up and are water type
Could you send me an image of the "error"?

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the world is just a theater, a reflection of something we don't know?"

Male
Brasil
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
199 posts
1.7 Years
I wanna make 2 changes to the base using your modexe(remove the dns system and add exp.all) however both of them are yellow on the modexe and I'm worried they're gonna cause problems.Do you know if they might break something?
EDIT:ok I noticed that the exp all is already in but what about removing dns?
I think a patch will be unnecessary to remove DNS. Open the base rom in the Program Day, Night and Seasons, then just load the base rom in the program and click "Erase RTC". This will remove the DNS system from the base rom.
I did some searching I fixed my issue It was because g3t move editor
You can edit the base rom quietly by G3T without risk of bug's. The only thing you should NOT edit on the base rom by G3T is the learnset's. G3T does not support expanded learnset's, so G3T shows incorrect information. To edit the Pokémon learnset, I recommend that you use PGE only. As for PGE, I recommend that you use version 3.7, because in version 3.8.1 PGE crashes when trying to open the Pokémon Editor function.
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
32 posts
2.3 Years
I think a patch will be unnecessary to remove DNS. Open the base rom in the Program Day, Night and Seasons, then just load the base rom in the program and click "Erase RTC". This will remove the DNS system from the base rom.
Ok I tried that and the DNS is still there.
EDIT:Ok turns out the dns is removed but removing it this way makes it stuck in night mode.
EDIT2:I don't mind keeping the seasons part of the dns so If you know how to tell me to make it basically day all the time(using the program you told me, I'd like it)
EDIT3:Ok I found out how to do it so don't mind me xD

Li Yun

Male
Brasil
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
199 posts
1.7 Years
Would it be too much trouble to make a .toml file for HMA?
I don't think so. I haven't created a .toml file for this base rom yet because I don't use hma. I'll see what I can do.
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
5 posts
228 Days
I am trying to remove EVs from a hack I'm working on (using your from base) and I found where the EVs are stored in vanilla emerald and reduced the cap from 255 to 1. Changing them from 255 max per stat to 1 means people can't obtain EVs. The values that need to be changed are found at offsets 0x6DC48 and 0x6DC4E.

However, this doesn't work and I can still gain EVs when fighting wild Pokemon. Is there a fix to this? Are the EV caps stored at different values? And if so where would I be able to find them.

Li Yun

Male
Brasil
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
199 posts
1.7 Years
hi can I add custom moves to this?
If the effect of the move you want to create is simple, just replicate the effect of some existing move and go modifying the values until you get the desired one. For moves with more complex effects, you won't be able to add them. I can create a documentation on this, but it will take a while to finish it.