• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Airborne: A Hoenn Journey (T) [IC]

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years

The man from Oreburgh

Roark%2B1.gif

Belle Blackwood, our very own pokémon trainer extraodinairé, had just taken down the poké maniac known as Jimster with the aide of his newfound friend, and new he found himself resting at the mouth of the Rusturf tunnel.

"Doofy, Vyl, are we all rested and ready?" Belle said, stretching his legs after having been sitting idly by for what seemed like weeks.

"Bidoof bidoof!" The bidoof cheered, his mouth stained with some form of berry juice.

"Treeko treeko!" The treeko replied, spitting out the twig which he had been chewing on.

"I hope you guys aren't getting into anything poisonous. Eh, I trust you're judgement." Belle said as he picked up his bag off of the rock he had been sitting on.

The interior of the tunnel was made of some form of green stone, Belle stopped and picked up a sample.

"What do you think it is? A red haired man in a hard hat asked, leaning against the wall of the cave.

"Hm? Oh i'm no geologist... but its green right?... And Hoenn is a of volcanic region, so Kimberlite maybe? It forms from volcanic erruptions." Belle replied, eyeing the stone sample.

"Hey thats not a bad guess. I won't be able to tell if you're right or not until I get home, but its a reasonable assumption. "I'm Roark by the way, I run the coal mines in Oreburgh, Sinnoh." The man in the hard hat replied.

"I see, that would explain the interest in the stone." Belle nodded appreciativly.

"Yep! Sadly thats not what i'm here for though. I'm actually here to study the evolution of this caves ecosystem in comparison to that of the oreburgh mine, which professor Roxanne will be publishing in one of her works about the difference in the regions and all that." Roark replied

"Oh you're helping professor Roxanne too?" Belle asked, pocketing the stone and looking towards the man once more.

"Oh thats right, you must be one of her research assitants! Well actually that works out rather well." Roark said, pushing his glasses up. "I have this baby Larvitar that I need to find a good home for. A traveling trainer such as yourself would naturally be the ideal choice." The man said as he dug through his bag. "He has a bit of a... interesting personality for his species." Roark chuckled as he tossed a Pokéball towards Belle.

"Thanks Roark, I promise i'll take care of him." Belle replied with a smile as he caught the Pokéball which Roark had tossed him.

With a click of a button and a flash of light, the Larvitar appeared on the ground infront of them. It looked around wildly before dashing behind a nearby rock.

"Come on out little guy, don't be afraid." Roark called to the little Pokémon.

Cautiously the little rock skin Pokémon poked his head out and waddled over to Roark, who gently and carefully led it to the silver haired boy.

"This is Belle, He's a good friend of mine. I want you to go help him out okay?" Roark said with a smile, gently prodding the little Pokémon forward.

With a gulp, the Pokémon looked up at the boy, who was smiling and kneeling as well.

"Hi there Larv-" Belle barely had time to speak before the Larvitar was hiding behind the older mans legs.

"Tar! Tar tar!" The little Pokémon cried, tugging on the mans pants.

"He tends to warm up to other Pokémon." Roark sighed picking the little Pokémon up and cradling him in his arms.

In a flash of light both Doofy and Vyl were stood beside Belle waving their little Poké-hands. The little Pokémon shyly raised its own hand and waved back, before hopping down to play with the other Pokémon as if they had been lifelong friends.

"Well that didn't take long." Roark and Belle both sighed as they watched the three Pokémon chase each other in circles around the two humans.

"Well I- GAK" Belle whinced as one after another the three Pokémon jumped onto his head and then back to the floor in an attempt to escape the others.

"Well then mister Blackwood, I'm heading to Rustburo to deliver these notes to the professor. I guess I'll see you around. And thanks for taking care of Larvitar for me." Roark said with a wave as he began to head out of the small cave tunnel.

"No problem Roark! Be sure to tell the professor I said hey!" Belle replied. "Alright then Larvitar... What should we call you." Belle mumbled thoughtfully as he stuck his hands into his jacket pockets. His fingers hit something hard and he pulled out the stone from earlier. "Oh... how about Kimber? The Pokédex says you're a girl after all."

"Tar!" The little Pokémon called happily, no longer afraid of its new trainer thanks to its new Pokéfriends.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Danielle Metts

Rusturf Tunnel

Things were already off to a bad start for Danielle as she entered the tunnel, falling over almost immediately as she tripped on an unseen rock.

"Is it too much to ask for a little more fields? At least to just start out with?" She mumbled to no one in particular. But then again, knowing Hoenn I could have to climb a mountain already. After picking her self up and wiping off some of the dirt from the front of her dress, she stopped to allow her eyes to adjust to the dim light. Finally she could actually see the floor and realized Dom and Wes stood in front of her, just staring at her.

"Don't worry," She began to reassure them, "I'm fine. Just tripped a little." To emphasize her point she took a few steps and showed her Pokemon she could walk fine. After seeing her move without pain, the both of them faced the tunnel again and began to set off in front of her. Jeeze, I thought had two pokemons, not mothers. She thought to herself, although she was a little happy they actually did care, even if they were a little overprotective.

Now that she could actually see the floors and walls clearly, the tunnel itself was not so bad. The main tunnel was pretty much stripped bare by now, and it's use as a passage caused most of the large obstacles to have been cleared out, but still leaving quite a few rough areas. Although, she would have hated traveling in it during the early years of it's construction, back when a single rock-slide would basically lock off half the region. According to her map, if she followed the correct path it should just be a straight shot through, and she could avoid most of the actual mining sites.

But, all things being said, the side tunnels themselves were pretty creepy. Some of them were well lit, but many of them weren't, and those not as well lit occasionally had movement in the shadows. She reassured herself that it was probably just a wild pokemon running around, but dark places cause minds to wander. It was by one of these side tunnels that she noticed Wes stopping and facing the tunnel with his ears perked up. Even as she walked past him, he seemed focused on that one place and didn't follow her.

"What's the matter Wes? Hear something?"

The small Poochyena gave a small nod in agreement.

"And it's not just a normal pokemon, right?"

Wes gave out a small whimper and started pacing in front of the tunnel. There had to be something wrong for him to act like this. Calling Dom over as well, she began to step traverse into the side tunnel.

Almost immediately the atmosphere was completely different here than in the main tunnel. The lights were fewer and farther between, and the occasional sound of something scrambling in the dark put her on edge. Eventually she decided to stop trying to identify every shadow, and instead just focused on following Wes. Soon enough, she could faintly hear what sounded like crying off in the distance, right where Wes was leading her. Dom must have noticed it too, as he closed much of the distance between him and Danielle.

All of a sudden, Wes seemed to pinpoint to source of the sound, and took off running. Praying to herself Wes wasn't leading her into a ghost or other monster, Danielle took off right behind him.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Paige Perrary
4.png

> Route 116

A pokémon battle was just about to begin. One battler was a bug catcher with a very proud and tough looking Nincada. The other one was Paige. It was her and Charmander's very first battle as a team. Her very first pokémon battle altogether, really. She was pumped, although she could see that Charmander was somewhat nervous. As long as he would obey her, this would go well, she was sure.

The Nincada had a stern stare. It looked like it didn't fear the flame on Charmander's swinging tail. Perhaps it had fought fire pokémon before and come out victorious? That didn't particularly matter now, of course. Charmander and Paige constituted a new team, new opponents. And she wasn't going to let any kind of opponent take victory for granted!

The bug catcher started off. "Ninjo, use Dig!"

Nincada instantly dug down into the earth, and Paige new that it would spring up again somewhere... But where? When she focused on Charmander to see if he was worried or ready to evade or counter attack, she noticed that he was completely focused on something different. His forehead wore a wrinkle and he was staring into the distance behind Paige somewhere. She followed his gaze.

"Hey, what are you doing?" the bug catcher shouted. "Are you just going to stand there and take it?"

"Something's going on," Paige answered.

"Damn right it is, we're battling here!"

"Charmander, let's go check it out!"

"Whoa, you can't just bail out of a fight like that!"

Charmander started running towards his trainer just a split second before Nincada shot up from the ground where he had just been standing, to only find air to tackle. Charmander looked back and shrugged with an apologetic smile. His trainer didn't care about the other human's angry shouts, so he decided to not care either.

What they had both heard was the noise from the uproaring Seedot horde. The duo stopped behind a tree a few meters away, as the pokémon looked really angry.

"I wonder what could have caused this," Paige mused. "Aren't Seedot usually calm and shy little creatures?"

"Charm," Charmander said, thinking he should probably say something to not seem like he had absolutely no clue about what wild Seedots were usually like. Which he of course didn't.

Another trainer wasn't so careful. He seemed to be walking right up to the Seedot horde.

"Wait!" Paige called out and jumped out from behind the tree. A bit too late, she realized that that might have attracted more attention than necessary.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Danielle Metts

Rusturf Tunnel pt 2

Sure enough, Wes homed in on the source of the sound in no time, and soon he found a young boy behind some rocks. Obviously the kid was lost, and the sounds of Pokemon moving about in the deep tunnels was a little unnerving for Danielle, even though she knew where the exit was, no wonder the kid was scared.

"Hey there." Danielle started, crouching down next to the kid, speaking in a soft voice. "You okay down here?"

The boy just shook his head no, and his tears seemed to slow a bit.

"Well lets get you out of here then. We know the way out, can I get your name?"

"J... Joey."

"Well okay there Joey, you don't have a Pokemon do you?"

The young boy shook his head, almost embarrassed at not owning one.

"It's okay, I have two here. I'll loan you Dom until we leave the cave here."

Dom walked over to the boy and started his little guarding stance. Joey stood up and hid a little behind Danielle's back, and soon the both of them set off.

----

It wasn't long until Joey seemed to calm down and began talking a bit more. Most of his questions were focused on her Pokemon, and he seemed to take a liking to Dom in particular, although there were a few questions about Wes, who was currently leading the pack.

"And have you battled yet?" Joey asked, enthusiasm overtaking his previous fear.

"Yup, that's actually how I caught Wes here," Danielle beamed, "he was so tough he took two battles."

No need to mention it's because I couldn't find a Pokeball the first time... Or that he pretty much didn't fight at all the second time.

"How do you keep up with all the moves? There's just so many!"

"It's just something you pick up quickly, and you can sometimes just know what moves they have based on the Pokemon." She lied through her teeth. She'd still be lost without the Pokedex, and between the both of them she only had to keep track of seven moves in total.

But once again there was no need to let him know that.

"Oh, and you're on a journey right? Why are you wearing a dress like that? Isn't it hard to move in?"

"Well, you see," Danielle began, beaming once with a different kind of pride. "I'm actually an artist and a trainer."

"Do all artists dress like that?"

"Well... It's kind of only my thing. My own art style, if you will."

"That's a little weird."

Well what do kids know about art.

A small lapse in the conversation followed. As they walked Danielle struggled for a new conversation topic. Before she could decide on one in particular, one of the many shifting shadows burst out onto the path in front of her, revealing a thick, yellow Pokemon about the size of Joey. Immediately grabbing her Pokedex to know what she was up against, she identified the Pokemon as a Makuhita. Dom resumed his guarding stance, and both Danielle and Wes stepped forward to start battling the Pokemon.

Back