• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Last movie I saw from yesterday was The Burning. A 1981 slasher film, it's pretty good considering I'm not a fan of slashers. The characters were likable and it was nice to see kids in the 80s before social media and ego inflation

Years
Last movie I watched was Solo: A Star Wars story, considering I'm not really into the whole Star Wars franchise I really enjoyed it! Plus it had Emilia Clarke so instantly scores 10/10 haha

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
10/10 cause of a certain actress? That's quite some celebrity worship you got there.

Years
Rashomon. Wow! I have seen it before but seeing it again it was even better. Its just amazing in every way, everybody's acting and the way each tale was directed. Its such a cool film. See it if you can because I bet you've never seen anything quite like it. If you have, then odds are the storytellers were inspired by this. Its called the Rashomon effect. A crime is committed but everyone swears a whole different version of what happened. Who do you think is telling the truth?

It was especially awesome seeing Takashi Shimura again, the woodcutter in the still above. This so happened is the third movie in a row I watched him. After talking to a friend recently I decided to sit back and watch Seven Samurai again. I also popped in Kwaidan, and forgot that he was in that movie too as the priest.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, but ended up bored and turned it off.

Maybe because I'm supposed to watch these movies in the order they released

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
No, the sequels are terrible in any order.

I haven't seen the first one yet, since I wasn't able to find it on any of the streaming services we own. It felt like I was missing continuation, and that the characters were supposed to be known from the first movie. I'll still give it a chance, after I eventually watch the original.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I haven't seen the first one yet, since I wasn't able to find it on any of the streaming services we own. It felt like I was missing continuation, and that the characters were supposed to be known from the first movie. I'll still give it a chance, after I eventually watch the original.

The first film is a solid standalone film, the sequels are just pandering fanservice, overbloated and poorly written cheap cash grabs.

Honestly... you might find the second movie even MORE boring after the first one. If you like it at all, that is.

Last edited:

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Went to see Incredibles 2 over the weekend. I think the sequel is better than the first which is a rare occurrence. Wouldn't mind seeing a third film a few years in the future if they can come up with a good story and put in an earnest effort again.

Years
Got bored and rewatched "This is the End."
That movie about the apocalypse with all the celebs? Yeah that one.

I forgot they had a Deftones song in the soundtrack lol, it was great

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
The Mighty Ducks as it was on last night and couldn't help but to watch it. I forgot how much I loved it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
District 9

A sci-fi film I didn't give much credit to when I first saw it years ago, but I was simply hooked this time around.

What a great science fiction concept, the very realistic take on alien life mingling with Earth.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Watched Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World sequel in a double dip fashion because Theaters are overpriced as it is. If they had any business sense they?d offer two movies for the price of one to make them more affordable and to get people in the doors since theaters make their cash on the food/drink.

Was a bit disappointed in Incredibles 2 in that Edna didn?t have as big of a part as she did in the first one. With all the advertising they did with her in the forefront, it kind of raised my expectations that were simply not met. As for Jurassic, it was ok. No better than any other Jurassic movie I?ve seen as far as I?m concerned.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I watched Ready Player One (second viewing) and Downsizing (first viewing).
Still love Ready Player One, I mean a movie featuring all my favourite pop culture icons and references, yes please.
Downsizing I found more serious than I expected, but dull in some places.

Years
Kung Fu Panda 1 - really good movie, enjoyed the characters

Going to watch KFP 2 next at some point. Shame KFP 3 is not on Netflix.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I watched Suicide Squad a couple of nights ago...it's taken me this long to process what the hell I watched. Um...okay? Really, the DC Cinematic Universe is in DIRE need of a complete overhaul. They just need to forget all these films - yes, Wonder Woman included, who casts Arthur Weasley as the central antagonist?! - ever happened and start again, because this was...one of the worst superhero movies I've seen in a long time. Not as bad as any Spiderman movie that isn't Spiderman 2, or the first two Avengers films, but definitely up there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

It was ok - I enjoyed the first ?World? one more though.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Last movie I saw was Ant-Man and the Wasp a few weeks back, good marvel flick. I like how there isn't that annoying hype that it's the greatest superhero movie ever like with Homecoming, Black Panther, Infinity War and Ragnarok. It's just a fun marvel film.

Last edited:
Back