• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie became somewhat puzzled. He was asking for a lot of advice. She hadn't quite encountered someone like that before. It was ever so slightly flattering. Yet, this was the same guy who wanted to be the best. Valorie restrained her urge to become competitive again.

"My name's Valorie Ryder, by the way..."

She then proceeded to lean down and inspect Blitz, placing her hands on her knees to help her balance.

"Charmander is a pretty versatile pokemon. The hardest part for me was..."

Valorie paused momentarily, a smile appearing on her expression again.

"dealing with Charmanders fiery personality."

Valorie glanced back at Charmeleon briefly, who eyed Blitz blankly. She was starting to become aware that she was the only person around who did not nickname her pokemon. A nickname had simply never occurred to her. Perhaps she was bad at nicknames.

"I can tell you one thing. Never do anything that might put out the flame on a Charmanders tail. That means you shouldn't put Charmander in water or restrict air flow in general. I guess a lot of how to properly train Charmander depends on...er, his personality?"

Valorie wasn't sure of Charmanders' sex. It wasn't readily apparent at a glance. Blitz sounded like a boys name though.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Blitz started to back away from Valorie as he didn't know this girl but Xack had knelled down and placed his had on Blitz's back to keep him from running off. He then glanced at Blitz's flame on his tail. He could feel the heat coming from it and the flame looked to burn fiercely which seemed strange to Vince.

"Blitz is very loyal to me and can sometimes be overprotective. He doesn't like to fail me and will put in his all in making me happy. I support Blitz in everything we do together and tell him that he doesn't have to push himself so hard but the Charmander doesn't care no matter what the challenge or who the opponent is Blitz will do his best not to fail," Luna said as he rubbed Blitz's head.

"So you're saying judging by Blitz's personality I should find a way to train him properly?" Vince asked as he petted Wattage who was on his shoulder.

Dawn

Years
Valorie observed Blitz briefly before smiling lightly at him. She then stood back up straight and nodded her head.

"Mmhm!"

She then paused a moment, moving her hands behind her where she could keep them busy, before grabbing one of her wrists with the opposite hand.

"I guess this really applies to any Pokemon, but when you're training him you should know that the stronger his opponent the faster he'll grow. Wild pokemon are okay, but properly trained pokemon will offer much more of a challenge."

Valorie then hesitated a moment.

"Training with your own pokemon is good practice, but there's only so much a pokemon can learn by battling the same pokemon."

Valorie then mused to herself that the best way to grow stronger was to have a plan to battle everyone you meet... when appropriate of course. Scary as that sort of mindset might sound, Valorie was kept in balance by a little thing called friendship. Her natural desire for care and friendship was strong enough to limit the ammount of training she did somewhat. Had it not been there, goodness only knows only the physical limitations of her pokemon would be the only thing that would stop her.

HunterZero

Years
As Vincent listened to Valorie talk an idea popped into his head. He should have Blitz have a one on one battle with her Charmeleon so he could learn a thing or two from his evolved form. He then thought about his Drilbur he had just caught he wanted to put him to work also. Terra would have to wait though Blitz comes first right now.

"Hey Valorie would you mind having a one on one battle with me? Blitz against your Charmeleon," Xack asked feeling pumped for a battle. Blitz looked at Vincent a tad confused a moment ago he said he wasn't going to fight but now he was. He didn't understand Vince's reasoning for changing his mind but he didn't care he wasn't going to let his trainer down.

"I think it would be a great opportunity for Blitz to get stronger," Luna added as began scratching the backside of his head. "Plus I'm really bored," He began to laugh a bit but stopped in Blitz poked him.

Dawn

Years
Valorie glanced down at Charmeleon, who looked back up at her. Charmeleon didn't really get that a battle was being suggested. It just seemed like a conversation to her at the moment. Valorie was somewhat torn. Charmeleon had already fought really hard today. If she pushed Charmeleon farther, there was a good chance Charmeleon would faint. While training until one faints does make one the strongest they can be in a short ammount of time, it really wasn't a good long term plan, as one then had to wait until they could get their pokemon healed until they could continue. As a matter of fact, Frillish and Dratini were her only pokemon in good fighting condition.

"Well... Charmeleon is pretty tired..."

She seemed somewhat apologetic in tone as she spoke. Valorie didn't like turning down battles, even if it was for a reason she saw as good.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
(Notice to everyone, Since Jack is gonna be away for awhile, I'll be the Temporary GM for a few weeks.)

Mark smirked when Xack mentioned he would be ruling the school. "Hehe, Whatever you say." Mark said. The guy was confident and quite nice that was for sure. He seemed like the person who would make a real good rival. Snype gave off his usual large smile and chuckled.

"Geez, Speaking of wild pokemon, I really need to find one myself. I've been sticking to my team for quite awhile. A new member would work out really nicely for me right now. I'm considering checking near the volcano sometime..." Mark said.

Mark jumped up at the Opprotunity Xack mentioned for a battle. "Hehe, Well if your not up for it Val, Then I can battle you Xack." He said. Commodore needed a bit more action so this was a golden opprotunity. Now that he knew a good move, perhaps Commodore would stand a fair chance this time around.

HunterZero

Years
"Aww well then maybe some other time if your Charmeleon is tire," Xack said rubbing his nose. He then turned his attention to Mark who had said something about wild pokemon near a volcano which sounded really cool. If he would allow him Vince wanted to go with him whenever he planned on going up there. What really grabbed his attention though was the fact that Mark had challenged him to a fight.

"Alright Mark I'll take you on. This would be a great opportunity to see my competition," Luna said as Wattage jumped off his head and hid behind his leg.

"Whenever you are ready for a fight I'll take you one and bring your A game," He added a big cocky smile on his face he was getting excited and so was Blitz a person could tell the Charmander was getting pumped by his flame on his tail seemed to get bigger.

Megaman765

Years
"Haha... alright then Xack. I know just who to send out." Mark said, reaching for his belt and grabbing onto a Pokeball. "Go! Commodore!" He said as Commodore appeared from the bright flash that the Pokeball gave off. Commodore flew around quickly prepared for the incoming battle. "No worries. I always bring my A game. Heheh." Mark said confidently.

Snype gave off a large smile toward Commodore. ["Hey good luck over there buddy! Lets see how ya do this time around!"] Snype said. Commodore nodded. With his new tricks he was confident that he would do Alot better this time.

Dawn

Years
Valorie frowned as Mark took the challenge in her steed. Vincent suddenly seemed a lot less hesitant when it was Mark who wanted to battle. What was she supposed to think? Valorie began to brood over it. Was it something she said? Had she screwed up that badly with her aggressive challenge? She didn't understand. She decided against speaking up about her somewhat hurt feelings.

Valorie turned and moved away from Mark and Vincent, not wanting to be in the middle of their pokemon battle. Charmander and Trapinch followed suit. Dratini did not seem to be aware of her trainer moving farther away. She had begun to lazy out in Marks hold.

HunterZero

Years
Vincent was now pumped for a battle he was going to suggest that he had a fight with Valorie's other pokemon but Mark made his challenge before he could say anything. His plan was win this fight with Mark and then challenge Valorie after his pokemon got some rest.

"Alright Blitz let's rock and roll!" Xack exclaimed. The Charmander let out a small puff of fire and then jumped in front of his trainer.

"After this battle Valorie I want to challenge you as soon as you are ready," He said as he adjusted his sweatbands.

"Mark you can make the first move," Luna said prepared for anything.

Megaman765

Years
Mark got up from his chair and walked over to the battle field. Ironicly this was where he had battled Bri... Nevertheless, it was time he showed who was going to really be dominating the school here. Commodore was pumped and at 100% efficiency.

"First move eh? Alright then... Lets start out simple then. Commodore! Sharpen!" Issac called out. Commodore's shape suddenly went from smooth edges, to sharp jagged ones. If he was touched, it was bound to be painful on the receiving end.

"Just warming up." Mark said.

HunterZero

Years
"Hmm not sure how that's going to help you Mark but ok," Vince said as he thought of a plan in his head. He knew what to do but wasn't sure how his plan would go. He had to make a move though and show everyone that Blitz and himself were a team not to be reckoned with.

"Alright Blitz use smokescreen!," Xack ordered. As he said that Blitz let out a large amount of smoke from his mouth. The smoke then surrounded the entire area in front of Blitz.

"Hey hope your Commodore can see through all this smoke pal," Vince said mockingly.

Megaman765

Years
"Haha, he shouldn't have to worry too much since he's artificial. And I've got quite a plan don't you worry." Mark said. Commodore's eyes weren't hurting but it was still tough to see through all of the smoke. He could barely see blitz. That flame on his tail gave him away...

"Alright Commodore! Agility!" Mark called out. Commodore suddenly gained extremely fast speed. He flew all around his current location to show off. This was the first time he had a chance to test out this move. "Alright! Now Commodore! Tackle right into Blitz! With Commodore's enhanced attack from sharpen, a direct hit was bound to really dish out alot of hurt on Blitz.

HunterZero

Years
Alright smokescreen didn't work as Vince had planned and the result was a injured Blitz. He then thought back to all the fights he had won back in Striaton city. Xack then remembered one of the many strategies he had made for all sorts of occasions. Commodore was going to be a tough cookie to crack but he figured nothing could stop Blitz. He then remembered something he used a long time ago. He looked to Blitz who had just got back into his fighting phase from being hit.

"Blitz smokescreen again!" Vince ordered. Again Blitz's smokescreen engulfed the area around Commodore.

"Not done yet now run around the smokescreen using flamethrower!" He added. The Charmander ran around the area where the smoke was spewing a powerful flame from his mouth creating a ring of fire around the smokescreen.

"Now get out of that," Luna said taunting Mark. He did however have a plan if he did get out.

Megaman765

Years
Seems Mark wasn't the only one with clever techniques. After htiting Blitz, he once again used Smokescreen, except this time he combined it with Flamethrower. Smart move... Commodore was hit by the piercing fire head on and left a few Marks on Commodore. Commodore took this chance to analyze Blitz with his ability, Download.

"Sheesh, Nice move. Best we prevent that from happening again. Commodore! Use Conversion!" Mark said. After being hit by that flamethrower, Commodore took in the fiery damage and used it to change into the very same type. Commodore changed into a reddish color, as well as changed into a fire type. Mark didn't want to really say what happened though. For all he knew, Xack probobly didn't know what Conversion did. It was exclusive to Porygon after all... though he seemed like a clever guy.

HunterZero

Years
As the smoke and flames cleared up Vince was confused to see a red Commodore. Was it a move that only a Porygon knows? What did it do? It didn't matter right now winning this fight was the most important thing. Xack then devised a plan to finish this battle quickly.

"Blitz now I want you to jump as high as you can and use flamethrower," Vincent ordered. Blitz did exactly what Vince had said and it was going all accordingly to plan. The Charmander and propelled himself high into the air with the flamethrower above everyone's head.

"Now use dragon pulse twice!" Luna added a large smirk on his face. He figured that Commodore would dodge one dragon pulse but not the other. Blitz shot one blast of energy from his mouth and the another flying right behind it.

"Deal with that," Luna said under his breath awaiting the results from his plan.

Megaman765

Years
"Hah. Not a Problem. Commodore! Dodge the Dragon pulse! Don't worry about the flamethrower!" Mark said. Commodore looked up at the Flamethrower heading toward him and took it in. With its changed fire type, Flamethrower barely did anything to it. He then noticed that Blitz had used Dragon pulse. He managed to dodge one of the Dragon pulse attacks but the second one barely hit him. He moved back a bit from the impact of the blast.

"Good work Commodore." Mark said. He looked over to Xack. "Comon, I wouldn't advise using flamethrower on a fire type." Mark said, chuckling a bit. "Alright then. Commodore! Rush toward Blitz and use Charge beam!"

Commodore quickly dashed for Blitz while charging up the electric type. He aimed to attack Blitz at point blank range. Once he was close enough to blitz, Commodore unleashed the beam straight at him.

HunterZero

Years
"Blitz quickly use flamethrower to move out of the way of the charge beam!" Vincent exclaimed. He knew that in the air Blitz had no mobility to this was the only way out. The Charmander just barely dodged the charge beam by pushing itself out of the way with the flamethrower and safely landed on the ground.

"Oh wow good work Blitz. I have to admit Mark that Commodore has some impressive moves and that Charge beam probably wouldn't have settled well with Blitz here but this is where I end this," Xack said ready to unleash another plan.

"Now use smokescreen again and follow up with your most powerful dragon claw!" Luna shouted hoping this plan would end the fight. Yet again Blitz engulfed Commodore in a smokescreen but this time Blitz went charging in the smokescreen claws glowing with power. Blitz knew where Commodore was because the Porygon was the only thing that was a shiny red inside the smokescreen. If this dragon claw hit it could maybe tip the scales in Vince's favor.

Megaman765

Years
Charge beam missed but not all was lost. The extra charge had powered up Commodore's abilities further. Blitz then used Smokescreen again and combined it with a powerful looking Dragon claw attack. Smokescreen clouded Commodores view but not all was lost.

"Commodore! Counter him with Psybeam!" Mark called out. With Commodores enhanced agility, Commodore managed to avoid a direct hit. However, Blitz claws still made contact with Commodore and dealt a very strong hit on him. Floating back from the attack, he fired a Psybeam straight toward Charmander. With his special attack enhanced by Charge beam and Download, it was bound to leave a good dent.

HunterZero

Years
The dragon claw attack and hit but it seemed Commodore still had some fight left and used a powerful looking pysbeam. Vince had to react fast or the battle could be over but he didn't have any moves that he could think of that would bail him out of this situation.

"Blitz use dragon pulse to collide with the pysbeam!" Xack ordered his voice sounding nervous. The psybeam was close to Blitz to close for comfort but he managed to get the dragon pulse out but it really didn't matter. The two attacks collided causing an explosion that was practically in Blitz's face. His plan didn't go as he thought it would he figured the dragon pulse would over power the pysbeam but it didn't and now Blitz flew across the air hitting the ground hard.

"Blitz!" Luna cried out to his Charmander as the little fire pokemon struggled to get back up. This was it all or nothing Blitz couldn't take another attack it would be a done deal by then. If this were Dyno the dragon pokemon probably would have ended this with his overwhelming power and sheer crazy drive to defeat his opponents. Luna had also noticed that the fire on Blitz tail was getting more intense which signified his Blaze ability kicking in.

"Yes now's my chance Blitz all or nothing flamethrower to the max!" Luna commanded hoping this would end the match. The Charmander mustered all the strength he had left and let out a powerful flamethrower heading quickly towards Commodore. Even if this attack didn't hit the Porygon Blitz would faint from exhaustion.

Back