• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enhancement hacks similar to Pokémon Throwback?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 4, 2018
Enhancement hacks similar to Pok?mon Throwback?

Greetings everyone, this is my first post here. I recently discovered Pok?mon Throwback, an enhancement hack of FireRed that restores the original Gameboy soundtrack via a key item, and a few light changes that modernize the gameplay while staying true to the core game. I attempted to hyperlink it but I don't have enough posts to include links just yet.

I was wondering if any other enhancement hacks similar to this one exist for other games? I am very much a fan of replaying older Pok?mon games, but some of the dated mechanics make it a little difficult sometimes. Being locked out of event-exclusive areas without the use of cheats is also slightly frustrating.

The thing I would really like more than anything is the GB Sound item at the start of HeartGold / SoulSilver. I realize I can probably just get this with cheats, but I am hopeful a hack exists that includes both that and other enhancements haha

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Greetings everyone, this is my first post here. I recently discovered Pok?mon Throwback, an enhancement hack of FireRed that restores the original Gameboy soundtrack via a key item, and a few light changes that modernize the gameplay while staying true to the core game. I attempted to hyperlink it but I don't have enough posts to include links just yet.

I was wondering if any other enhancement hacks similar to this one exist for other games? I am very much a fan of replaying older Pok?mon games, but some of the dated mechanics make it a little difficult sometimes. Being locked out of event-exclusive areas without the use of cheats is also slightly frustrating.

The thing I would really like more than anything is the GB Sound item at the start of HeartGold / SoulSilver. I realize I can probably just get this with cheats, but I am hopeful a hack exists that includes both that and other enhancements haha

Thanks in advance to anyone that responds!

Seconding what Lunos said.
Those kinds of hacks are a dime a dozen in the Sideshow Showcase. Not really sure on the throwback aspects that you're looking for, though.

Back