• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Touhou Puppet Play Enhanced (Reloaded) (Version 6.8C Released)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Update on the issue with the flag for the redio tower. Idk what the hell i did but after going in and out of thw tower i went back to the 7th gym for no real reason and as soon as i entered, gary came in following and told me about the radio tower. Now i can progress....this was random as hell

That is, indeed, odd. I tried it using another save, but it didn't really do that to me. Either way, I'm uploading a new version containing a few fixes. Gender ratio is the same, however. That will be changed when a friend of mine gets farther in the game.

There's also been a few balance changes in some of the mid-Kanto Team Rocket grunts, and I believe some overall level changes for later game bosses. Some maps have been mildly altered, too. And, unless you already have it, the vs Seeker will not be given out.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
That is, indeed, odd. I tried it using another save, but it didn't really do that to me. Either way, I'm uploading a new version containing a few fixes. Gender ratio is the same, however. That will be changed when a friend of mine gets farther in the game.

There's also been a few balance changes in some of the mid-Kanto Team Rocket grunts, and I believe some overall level changes for later game bosses. Some maps have been mildly altered, too. And, unless you already have it, the vs Seeker will not be given out.

So you telling me you remove the vs seeker for whatever reason? Also i hope you don't plan on making the battles any more easier that it is. Just finished the game i think. Defeated red with 1 pokemon on how painfully easy it was. Was a T-aya think at lvl 100. And even still Lorelei hasnt came back yet-

Then i decided to mess with the game a little and went ahead and added a EV training spot in the biker area (6 bikers on entrances) and added a method of evolution for Dark Alice because i got bored. Game felt piss easy tbh. Also found more namekian language from an old lady in the pokecenter of mt. Silver.

Last thing i think. Why on earth Ayakashi is suddenly a speedy glass cannon?

Zeta Sukuna

Years
So you telling me you remove the vs seeker for whatever reason? Also i hope you don't plan on making the battles any more easier that it is. Just finished the game i think. Defeated red with 1 pokemon on how painfully easy it was. Was a T-aya think at lvl 100. And even still Lorelei hasnt came back yet-

Then i decided to mess with the game a little and went ahead and added a EV training spot in the biker area (6 bikers on entrances) and added a method of evolution for Dark Alice because i got bored. Game felt piss easy tbh. Also found more namekian language from an old lady in the pokecenter of mt. Silver.

Last thing i think. Why on earth Ayakashi is suddenly a speedy glass cannon?

The vs Seeker was removed due to it pulling from other trainers later on, despite me setting the flag to never go beyond the base rematch. It looked ugly, and so I removed it.

And honestly, the fact that you beat Red before the Elite 4 again is odd. Hmm. I need to look at that again.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
The vs Seeker was removed due to it pulling from other trainers later on, despite me setting the flag to never go beyond the base rematch. It looked ugly, and so I removed it.

And honestly, the fact that you beat Red before the Elite 4 again is odd. Hmm. I need to look at that again.
Is it now? Because as soon as i got my 8th badge, i went to a pokemon center then directly to the last warp tile that said it could take me to mt. Silver. Went it, everything went smoothly and faced red with his team of lvl 90 something.

But seriously, Ayakashi shows to have 200/150/100/150/100/20 on my G3T tool but when i check to catch her she shows glasscannon stats. Massive HP to be expected, high offenses but speed seems just as high as its offence and defensively is paper thing. Way below base 50 or something and speed way above 100 maybe

Zeta Sukuna

Years
Is it now? Because as soon as i got my 8th badge, i went to a pokemon center then directly to the last warp tile that said it could take me to mt. Silver. Went it, everything went smoothly and faced red with his team of lvl 90 something.

But seriously, Ayakashi shows to have 200/150/100/150/100/20 on my G3T tool but when i check to catch her she shows glasscannon stats. Massive HP to be expected, high offenses but speed seems just as high as its offence and defensively is paper thing. Way below base 50 or something and speed way above 100 maybe

Yeah, I finally fixed that, and that fix will be going up soon. The warp was supposed to open the first time you get to Mt. Silver, not after the 8th gym. Somehow I didn't notice this the past few times I checked.

Also... I have no idea why Ayakshi is like this. It was like this in the original version, as far as I remember. I don't remember touching anything about its stats.

Tofutheenderman

Uncommon User
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, I finally fixed that, and that fix will be going up soon. The warp was supposed to open the first time you get to Mt. Silver, not after the 8th gym. Somehow I didn't notice this the past few times I checked.

Also... I have no idea why Ayakshi is like this. It was like this in the original version, as far as I remember. I don't remember touching anything about its stats.

That's the wierd thing. Her base stats seem untouched on paper but as soon as you fight the real deal and capture her, she shows a whole new base set

Zeta Sukuna

Years
That's the wierd thing. Her base stats seem untouched on paper but as soon as you fight the real deal and capture her, she shows a whole new base set

Well, that's odd. It's not like there's another instance of Ayakashi in the files. Hmm. I'm not entirely sure if I could do anything about that.

Also, I finally got the proper fix up. It even fixes the teleporter taking you to Mt. Silver early. More fixes shall come out when my friend gets farther into the game and he gives me more feedback.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Is it possible to use the save file for the original version of Puppet Play I have now? I didn't know about the inability to evolve via stones until after beating Misty and don't want to lose progress.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I need help with patching. I tried using NUPS and Tsukyomi to patch this game, but neither one is working.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
I should probably stop being lazy and answer, huh. Sorry about taking so long.

I need help with patching. I tried using NUPS and Tsukyomi to patch this game, but neither one is working.

You need an unedited squirrels rom. The one I use is NUPS, and when it has an error, I believe you have to Ignore it. It should still patch, and then you can play. If I'm wrong, then it's my laziness striking again, but I distinctly remember having to Ignore it.

When motivation strikes me, I'll update this with a couple of minor things, but it hasn't for a bit. Sorry about that.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I should probably stop being lazy and answer, huh. Sorry about taking so long.

You need an unedited squirrels rom. The one I use is NUPS, and when it has an error, I believe you have to Ignore it. It should still patch, and then you can play. If I'm wrong, then it's my laziness striking again, but I distinctly remember having to Ignore it.

When motivation strikes me, I'll update this with a couple of minor things, but it hasn't for a bit. Sorry about that.

The one I use is a clean ROM. Here's what happens, when I try to run the game on my Emulator, the emulator just automatically closes out. I even tried ignoring to no avail. :/

Last edited:

RavenXeo

Kilai, Master of Vaporeon
Years
So, a couple questions before i download.
1. are the custom main character/rival sprites still in place? I much prefer them to Red/Blue.
2. Is the teleport room mandatory or can i walk around Johto?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Hiiiiii~! Figured I'd give a little update on my situation. So I'm come to the conclusion that it is the emulator's fault. Not the ROM. So I just switched Emulators. It runs good now. But I now need to learn how to save ingame.

Update: Actually no. There's still problems. The rival is still Gary after the beginning. In addition, I think some songs are missing. The battle theme for male trainers is absent for example.

Last edited:
Years
I think I have some idea of what's going on with Ayakashi. It might be in Deoxys' slot.

See, there are a few notable bits of the Pokemon roster that are hardcoded elsewhere. Like Shedinja being coded to have 1 HP.

One of these things is that the stat spread for Deoxys shown in G3S/YAPE is always gonna be the Normal Deoxys spread. And this is a FireRed hack, so the thing in Deoxys' slot will draw from Attack Deoxys' stat spread, instead.

Makes editing Deoxys a bit of a pain, and leads to Ayakashi's stats being different from what its bases would imply.

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Years
What a surprise, an update.

Admittedly, it's not that big of an update compared to how long the last update has been. I could try to make up some kind of ridiculous excuse of being busy, or having a crisis, but the truth of the matter is that I'm lazy and hopelessly addicted to Final Fantasy 14.

But it's an update nonetheless.

For everything that I remember putting into this:
Minor map changes
Gender ratio fixed (hopefully)
Level rebalance of Johto
Some event changes to make things less... awkward.
Silver.
Vs Seeker removed (again).

Probably some super big bug that I didn't notice while messing around with the game.
Probably a bunch of minor bugs happening at the same time.

Update link is in the first post.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
"Wait, what? What is this? A post? On this hack? Surely you must be joking, it's been an entire year with no updates at all! I don't even think you posted on the forum in the past year, even!"

Yep. I noticed that Aichiya Sanae himself decided to relink this rom hack on his site, and in celebration of not only that, but 2,000 downloads on my last version, I decided "Eh, why not make a new version".

I... didn't fix any problems that came from last time, I'll admit. I didn't really hear of much that needed to be fixed since I released the last one. I added some new things, though. Like, a couple routes in Johto. I also added in a very special set of fights that will be readily apparent when you start.

I will say this, though. I will keep the last download up, just in case what I might have done in this one has messed something up severely. Adding another map bank might have messed things up somewhere I didn't see, so I might as well also keep a version I know works for the most part up as well.

There might be another update in the future (ha) that will change some of the wild encounters in the water as well.

Enough talk, though, you probably want the update. Well, it's in the spoiler at the bottom of this post, and it will be in the first post as well. I hope you enjoy.

Also, if this update does work, and someone wants to help me change the world maps to include Johto, I'd be appreciative. Or at least allow respawning at pokemon centers in Johto, anyway. Either one would work for me.

EDIT: 3/6/2019: Text bug in intro fixed. Download link is still the same.
EDIT: 3/8/2019: Actually Works On mGBA and M-VBA Now. God how did I fuck that up?

Last edited:

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
Years
This patch currently does not work with the current version (0.7.1) of mGBA. "Normally" patching with NUPS produces a 44.7 MB gba file that produces a blank screen. Setting it to ask if it's the improper rom produces a normal-sized one that produces a bunch of cacophonous noise.

I have not tried it on any other emulator known to me, ancient or otherwise.

Zeta Sukuna

Years
This patch currently does not work with the current version (0.7.1) of mGBA. "Normally" patching with NUPS produces a 44.7 MB gba file that produces a blank screen. Setting it to ask if it's the improper rom produces a normal-sized one that produces a bunch of cacophonous noise.

I have not tried it on any other emulator known to me, ancient or otherwise.

Oh dear, this doesn't seem to work with mGBA.

And not just this new version, but every version since internal version 6. Which was last done in 2016 and months before I even released this to begin with. And since it was so long ago, I do not actually remember what that specific version was, other than 'attempting to work with music'.

It should still work in No$GBA and VBA, though. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

And I'm honestly surprised that no one reported this sooner.

Back