• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I'm new, or at least haven't been here in for-ev-errr. Anyone want to point me to where the roleplays are that still need people? I want to come up with one myself, but that might take awhile, and I should probably go in one of someone else's first...

Edit: And I got a lame RP idea! Feel free to tell me if it's stupid, or if I should develop it more... what if it's a Hunger Games x Pokemon crossover, where we have 24 random teen OC's, 12 male, 12 female, fight to the death in an arena, with only what they can grab at the start to fight and survive. BUT instead of weapons and survival tools scattered at the start, there are 24 Pokeballs. You can grab one and run, or attempt to get away with more if you can, leaving others with none... but you don't know what Pokemon you're going to get from the Pokeballs. >_>
Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning, The Pokemon Trainer Academy, and Fargona: The Land of Dragons are still accepting members, though there are quite a few others.

I actually rather like that idea~ Not sure if I'd join, though, since, while I liked the Hunger Games books, I'm not a crazed fanatic. Once you've developed it more, though, I may reconsider.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm new, or at least haven't been here in for-ev-errr. Anyone want to point me to where the roleplays are that still need people? I want to come up with one myself, but that might take awhile, and I should probably go in one of someone else's first...

Edit: And I got a lame RP idea! Feel free to tell me if it's stupid, or if I should develop it more... what if it's a Hunger Games x Pokemon crossover, where we have 24 random teen OC's, 12 male, 12 female, fight to the death in an arena, with only what they can grab at the start to fight and survive. BUT instead of weapons and survival tools scattered at the start, there are 24 Pokeballs. You can grab one and run, or attempt to get away with more if you can, leaving others with none... but you don't know what Pokemon you're going to get from the Pokeballs. >_>

Wow, new roleplayers are coming! :D Welcome aboard! :) Like I said to the other new member you should check out The Pokemon Trainer Academy, where spots are currently open. :) Aside from that, there are other roleplays like the one fortworth96 is advertising, that's also taking players as well. We're a chill group here, and you'll have lots of fun here. :)

As for the Hunger Games x Pokemon Crossover roleplay...I actually made one last year, but all of the players went MIA on me and I was extremely busy to post the IC thread to get it started. I like how you're driving that idea, though...probably better than mine xD Maybe we can work on that together and get rid of my other idea xD. Mine was more Pokemon based rather than humans and Pokemon. Shoot me a VM or a PM if you're interested! :)

Years
Thanks for the tips. I attempted to submit a thingie just now outlining my idea a bit more, and I came up with Pokemon that represent the Districts available at the start, which was fun. >_>

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I just thought of a really crazy RP idea that I think would be pretty awesome if I find a way for it to work, though it would takes ages of planning. Like, probably a year or more.

Basically, it revolves around the idea that fictional worlds in games, TV shows, etc. are real. Thought energy escapes from these other worlds and is attracted to certain people from other worlds, showing them bits of that world in there minds and making up what we call "imagination". As this thought energy continue to collect within a person, they often end up creating stories out of it, believing it was their own mind that created the story. I'm still working on coming up with a good reason, but one day, many people from the world "Earth" are transported to the world of Pokemon. They are then given a mission to complete that will lead them to the next fictional world, and so on.

I've already thought of a few ways this could possibly work as an RP, but I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the idea first. If I do start making this, I'll probably need a lot of help with ideas and plot planning... XD

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
Hey everyone!

Game of Luck: A Pokémon Nuzlocke Crazy Dice Roleplay is in dire need of participants! Do you enjoy Nuzlocke challenges? Have you always wanted to roleplay one? Here's your chance! For those whp don't know what that is, it's playing a Pokemon game, in this place roleplay, with the assumption that when your pokemon faints, they die.

The roleplay is governed by the "Crazy Dice", it works like this: Every time a new chapter is introduced, the dice shall be rolled twice for each roleplayer; once to determine what Pokémon they shall be allowed to catch; The other shall determine a random event. These events can mean anything, from positive things such as the immediate evolution of a Pokémon or infinite catching opportunity to negative thins like immediate Pokémon death or zero capture opportunity. Or maybe nothing happens. It's all in the hands of the die.

The roleplay is structured in chapters, giving the roleplayer the setting and the freedom to create their own adventure, with premade optional events to boot. Have a look at the OOC in the link below, and the IC here (with the first chapter good to go) and join us if you wish!

What region do you like to roleplay in?

I'm a bit tired of Kanta after having roleplayed (and gamed) there for quite a bit, but really I make no distictions. There haven't been very many rolepays in Unova yet. Also I can't wait to explore the new regions through writing, one the games come out!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I just thought of a really crazy RP idea that I think would be pretty awesome if I find a way for it to work, though it would takes ages of planning. Like, probably a year or more.

Basically, it revolves around the idea that fictional worlds in games, TV shows, etc. are real. Thought energy escapes from these other worlds and is attracted to certain people from other worlds, showing them bits of that world in there minds and making up what we call "imagination". As this thought energy continue to collect within a person, they often end up creating stories out of it, believing it was their own mind that created the story. I'm still working on coming up with a good reason, but one day, many people from the world "Earth" are transported to the world of Pokemon. They are then given a mission to complete that will lead them to the next fictional world, and so on.

I've already thought of a few ways this could possibly work as an RP, but I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the idea first. If I do start making this, I'll probably need a lot of help with ideas and plot planning... XD

I like this idea and would love to see you make the RP. I've been thinking something similar when I tried to think up a Digimon RP lately. Also when I tried to mix Homestuck + Pokémon. Not sure I'll be able to pit more ideas into your cauldron, but I'll still cheer for you.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Okay, so I came up with this in Biology class today. It doesn't seem like a complete thought, but I think it would be interesting to make a roleplay out of. Opinions?

Spoiler:

What region do you like to roleplay in?

Anything, honestly. I've mostly roleplayed in original regions. I've roleplayed in Kanto once, a little bit in Johto once, Hoenn for a time in A New Professor In Town, Sinnoh . . . I don't think I have, and I haven't roleplayed in Unova.
So, I've yet to even roleplay in each region once, and never have I roleplayed in the same region twice.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Okay, so I came up with this in Biology class today. It doesn't seem like a complete thought, but I think it would be interesting to make a roleplay out of. Opinions?

Spoiler:
Interesting twist on the standard amnesia plot, assuming it doesn't revert to that at some point.

However; how would one distinguish between characters, besides appearance? I assume they would have no personality to speak of, because experiences are what build personalities, and I doubt what they've learned in life will remain (Unless somebody inexplicably knows how to kill a man with a fishing hook/other criminal activities). Are they perhaps pre-packaged personalities and skills?

Nakuzami

Years
Interesting twist on the standard amnesia plot, assuming it doesn't revert to that at some point.

However; how would one distinguish between characters, besides appearance? I assume they would have no personality to speak of, because experiences are what build personalities, and I doubt what they've learned in life will remain (Unless somebody inexplicably knows how to kill a man with a fishing hook/other criminal activities). Are they perhaps pre-packaged personalities and skills?

Well, I just utilized the Power of Google, and I think that it will mainly erase Episodic Memories. That way people will retain their skills and language abilities, and things of the sort.

The idea of pre-packaged personalities certainly sounds interesting . . . I'll have to consider that. If anything else, I guess they would just retain a basic thread of personality and rely on their new experiences to shape it. Like an amnesiac, as you said.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Gotcha.

So, are you going for soft science with this premise, or hard science?

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
I assume soft science means it doesn't have to make perfect sense and hard science means that it will be entirely accurate scientifically.

What's your primary "conflict"?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I assume soft science means it doesn't have to make perfect sense and hard science means that it will be entirely accurate scientifically.
More or less this, yeah.

An example of soft science would be Star Wars.

An example of hard science would be 2001: A Space Odyssey

Nakuzami

Years

What's your primary "conflict"?

I'ma just say soft science, just because I have no idea what I have in store yet.

This I will have to think about. I only have the basic outline of any of the story complete yet, so I'll have to work on it a bit more tomorrow. Of course, I'm open to suggestions.

Oh . . .

. . . I also thought about a superhero roleplay the other day. Considering a number of superheroes in comics are "icons", meaning nobody knows who they are and they get replaced under the same title, I figured roleplayers could take up the mantle of a hero, such as Batman. //lol pay no attention to this

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Hello people of the Roleplay Corner! About a month ago I had this idea for a mystrey pokemon RP but never got around to putting it up. I am putting what I have of the story, please read it and give constrctive criticism. Thank you! (And yes I know that it's a little cliche, and it's not in a spoiler because I couldn't get it to work)

Recentally, a theatre has oppened up in Hearthome City in the Sinnoh region,and since the day it opened, people have been flocking to it. The theatre wasnamed "The Theatre of Delayed Dreams". People in all regions are talking about the amazing shows that are featured at this theatre in Hearthome.Playwrites everywhere want their show to be featured there, too. On a warm autumn day, a poster for a new play was put on the front door that read,"COME TO THE EVENT OF THE CENTURY". Strangely, it did not say who wrote the play on the poster or what it was about, and instead had a picture of an unnamed pokeball.
The day of the show came along, and people were psyched to come and see it.An entire group of students came to it, too. It was a fantastic musical about ayoung girl and her Jigglypuff trying to make their way in the world. The playfinished, and the audience applauded. Then a voice said over the loudspeaker,"Do not leave, my friends, the show is only just begining," and the back curtain opened up to reveal two glowing yellow eyes. Once revealed, the eyes were giving off a chilly wind. "Now, now, my friends. Do not run," the voice said, "or my pokemon partner will freeze you. Like so." Then, one of the people trying to escape was hit by an ice beam, and frozen. The remaining people were held for 24 hours, tormented by the voice. The voice mocked them, saying how long they had left until they could leave every hour.Once the 24 hour timer was up, the curtain closed and the voice said,"Thank you for coming to our preformance. Come back soon!" And a constant, menicle laugh could be heard. Once the people leave in a quick manner, outside they see snow everywhere. It was peculiar to have snow in autumn for Hearthome City, but many of the former captives didn't pay any mind to the snow and retured to their loved ones' arms. After this, the people of the town created a group to find the voice from the theatre, for they wanted reenge for what they did to them. No one can figure out who he is. Fifteen captives that were kids decide that the adults aren't getting anywhere, and that they should take the responsibility upon themselves.

Years
Hey guys just wondering how everyone here would feel about an RP based around the player being a reaper (think Grim Reaper). This is an excerpt from my draft below.

Spoiler:

Basically the players are given missions to complete that follow an overall plot and relate to the various duties of reapers.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Hi everyone! Pika! :3

I am new to the RP Corner and wanted to see if I could join in on all the RP fun! I do have some experience with RPing but I haven't done anything too "official". I have been Naruto RPing for about 4 years with my friends. They were the ones where I created my own character and was a part of the Naruto world but we had things like: "I said to move!" *pushes Naruto out of the way* (I know that is not allowed here).

I used to RP on another site I was a member of and it was a little more formal but still was amateur-ish. I haven't been on there in forever though.

I am also a fan-fic writer and am used to writing professional essays (thanks to school/college lol) so I'm sure I can adjust to official RPing. (Just need a little guidance at first until I can get the flow of the things)

I have never been a GM but wouldn't mind learning someday.

I am 22 so I am open for any RP rating.

I don't want this to sound creepy or anything but I wouldn't mind trying an RP where it is in the Pokémon world and others can choose to be trainers but also a trainer's Pokémon. Example: I could play someone's Pikachu in the RP. I could start out as a wild Pokémon, become captured/befriended, and then be on their team. Kind of like an Ash and Pikachu type thing. If my trainer gets into a battle he/she can call on me to fight for them or I can stand beside them and be the cute, comic relief of the RP.

It's nice to meet you all and maybe join in on some of your RPs. :)

Good day, everyone. This is my first time posting in this thread so I would just like to say hello, and it is a pleasure to meet you all. :)

I was hoping to do a small interest check if that's alright? I have an idea for a roleplay that I might work on over the month or so in between college and such. Feel free to speak your mind. Based on the following, would you like to see something like this and/or participate in it?
Pokémon Plot - This storyline takes place in an alternate universe from all games and anime. It resides in a time slightly more primitive with a somewhat medieval feel.

Each attempt at disturbing the peace of Morca has be thwarted time and time again, and eventually crime syndicates such as Team Phantom and their successors disbanded, leaving an era of peace across the region. Yet unrest began to settle upon the people as the monarchy began to inflict stricter laws and raiding villages of those residing on the outskirts of the Dartesian Empire. Guards collect high taxes paid in coin, food, supplies, and even captured Pokémon. The injustice sparked a rebellion from the people in the outskirts called the Insurgency. Tension began to rise and battles broke out between the two opposing forces. You play on either the side of the Dartesian Empire or the Insurgency. You have been called upon to seek out an ancient tome that will summon a legendary Pokémon to help the cause. The Empire wishes to obtain Yveltal, the Pokémon of Havoc; the Insurgency looks for the aid of Xerneas, the Pokémon of Salvage. Along with these quests, various other side plots and missions will be added and a chance to change sides later on will also be available.

Because this falls in what would be called the "early days" of Pokémon (despite involving the two newest legendary) technology like Pokéballs would be a new invention and cost far more than the average pay, thus their means of catching Pokémon would entail nets, traps, and anything else one could come up with. A Pokédex would be like a written manual with pictures rather than an electronic device. They too cost a little bit of coin based on the inflation of prices in the region. If someone does not own it they rely on either what they have heard or their instincts, or guesses. Though knowledge about the general Pokémon that roam the region is easy to come by and often known to an extent.

It will definitely be fleshed out more of course and any holes will be filled. I would love feedback and thoughts on complications, if any. I would appreciate any questions, comments, and whatnot. Thank you for your time!

I love the idea of this RP. Whenever you get it ready let me know. I'd love to join in on it! :)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Welcome to the RP Corner, Kawaii~ If you're looking for a newb friendly RP that'll give you time to adjust to PC's way of RP, I hear The Pokemon Trainer Academy is good place to start, though I myself have never been in it. Of course, there are other RPs open to new members if you check around in the Roleplay Lounge.

I'd make an RP like that if I wasn't already busy working on another, rather complicated RP idea that recently popped into my head. Perhaps whenever you decide to GM an RP you can use it yourself.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Welcome to the RP Corner, Kawaii~ If you're looking for a newb friendly RP that'll give you time to adjust to PC's way of RP, I hear The Pokemon Trainer Academy is good place to start, though I myself have never been in it. Of course, there are other RPs open to new members if you check around in the Roleplay Lounge.

I'd make an RP like that if I wasn't already busy working on another, rather complicated RP idea that recently popped into my head. Perhaps whenever you decide to GM an RP you can use it yourself.

Thank you! I will check out The Pokémon Trainer Academy and the Roleplay Lounge.

I might just do that. Is there any place where I can learn to become a GM or is it just "learn by experience"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back