• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Right, here are the problems i see with this map.
1. tile error on the north lege
2. the player is not forced through any grass (and the point of route one is to introduce the player to wild battles)
3. To many flowers in my opinion

Aside from that the map is really easy on the eyes and assuming the first town is good im sure you would not scare the user of the rom straight away like a lot of people do.

Right Now my map...
Its a remake of the route i posted above, after you lot ripped it to pieces i started again from scratch and i think it looks better now (i hope)

Attachments

• Route 17.jpg
    Route 17.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 93

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Right, here are the problems i see with this map.
1. tile error on the north lege
2. the player is not forced through any grass (and the point of route one is to introduce the player to wild battles)
3. To many flowers in my opinion

Aside from that the map is really easy on the eyes and assuming the first town is good im sure you would not scare the user of the rom straight away like a lot of people do.

Right Now my map...
Its a remake of the route i posted above, after you lot ripped it to pieces i started again from scratch and i think it looks better now (i hope)

And shazam, now for some criticisms.

First of all, I must say, I like the idea of the map, despite being simple, it can work. However, there are some issues to address again.

Number 1 issue I can see are tile errors, specifically in the ledges you jump over. May want to address them! Number 2 issue, you once again have done the mountains a little bit wrong on the top, where the mountain overlaps the grass behind it. Wrong tile, study othe rFirered maps in the ROM to learn which is the right tile. Same for some of the tiles along the mountains on the side. Study each tile carefully in the maps Game Freak made, especially those that you will need in the future. Now that the really big issues are addressed, now for some of my opinions.

It's too... empty. Too free for the player, in a weird way. The random patches of grass makes it too easy for the player to avoid fighting wild Pokemon completely, and it may eventually seem dull to walk through, which is a shame, because it isn't a bad idea for a map. It also has too much... What's the word... Squareness, in a weird way. The mountains are too straight, and not too... Natural. At least, those along the sides are, the rest seem fine. But looking at them, I also see tile errors... You cannot just randomly stick a mountain face out of a wall, bt continue the wall on at the same level, if you get my drift... It just looks wrong where you created these mountain faces out to make those stairs... Hard to explain.

My last piece of criticism is about blandness again. There aren't many flowers, but also the bottom bit is too long, surely, and that must get boring.

I must rate this in order for you to know how much to improve it. New system for me, a letter system.

Grade - C (about a 6.9/10)
Reason - Needs to fix tile errors, add more interesting bits, and see if the huge amounts of free space can be removed.
What I like - Oddly, the idea I really do like, and I believe you can make a really great map.

Lyzak

wishes he had a Hacking Team
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
Ok, Jabberjabber, I feel your pain...
First off, remember that we are here to rate your maps, not give you candy. That's why you posted your stuff here.

I have an excellent compare and contrast map coming up, but I need to waste this post so I can get my 15th...

So, I'll simply rate your map now. Errors are as follows...

1) Grass and flowers are sporadic.
2) Mountains overlap awkwardly
3) Still grass on mountains...
4) Fence tile errors
5) Lack of organization

Overall generic rating...
5/10.

Stay tuned.

Alright, Jabberjabber. You're in luck, I had a spare 5 minutes.
Below is an example map file I made with errors you commonly make on the left, and their solutions on the right.
Spoiler:

Picture one, from top to bottom:

1) Stairs. At the top on the left, we see that often you either use the shaded stair variety all across a width of stairs, or the nonshaded all the way across... but in fact, unless your width of stairs is just one tile across, you should never use just one of them. See the right side: Use the shaded stair tile for the left-most tile in a width of stairs (the only tile if your stairs have a width of one), and then use the non-shaded stair tile for all tiles right of the first tile.

2) Concave mountains. Look at the inside of the mountain on the right example. Look at the corners. Looks awkward, right? See the right side: There are specific tiles used to make concave corners. All four are positioned right next to each other in an O formation on the tileset pallet. USE THEM.

3) Ledges. ALL LEDGES have tiles designated for the ends of ledges. Look at the left example. The edges are square, and it looks awkward. Now, see the right side: All the ledges have rounded edges. Even the vertical-running ledges can be rounded off. USE THE TILES.

4) Gelatinous water. On the left example, we see a body of water. The problem with water is that most people will tell you to give your water a more natural feel, and then not elaborate. This gives people the mistaken impression that they should add as many curves to their water as possible. WRONG! See the right side: Without adding any concavity to my water (in other words, INWARD bends), I still managed to produce a body of water that looks natural, but not blob-esque.

5) Flowers and grass. Again, experienced mappers will tell you to add randomness to your grass and flowers to make it look more natural. The mistaken impression novice mappers get is exemplified on the left. Everything is a mess and is totally random. Now, see the right side: Grass is grown in clusters. The tiles are placed somewhat randomly, but still in groups. Also note the flowers. While still a bit random, they are now out of the way. Imagine a flower growing smack-dab in the middle of your front lawn! It would get trampled. Thus, no flowers in the middle of nowhere.

6) Signs. On the left, the sign is metal, and placed awkwardly in that southwest corner. WHY?! See the right side: As you are on a route, the sign should be wooden. It is also placed in a convenient place, next to the stairs where it is likely to be noticed.

Picture two, from top to bottom:

1) Grass on raised terrain. DONT DO IT. See the right side: If you ABSOLUTELY MUST have grass on raised terrain, stick it up against a mountain where you CANNOT SEE THE BACK LEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since there is no tile that has grass on the back ledge, the grass suddenly disappears and becomes rock. This looks awful.

2) Mountains 101. Look at the left side. Now look at the right side. Back at the left side. Right side again. Now swear upon (insert holy/secular book here) that you will never make broken mountains again.

I hope that helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it's finally my turn, now that I have 15 posts under my belt...

[genericformat]

Map Name: Untitled.

Map Game: Fire Red version (sorry, haters. I needed the second overworld map)

Comments:
This is the hometown of everyone's favorite ubiquitous Pokémon Trainer for my hack-in-planning. I hope that I will impress an expert tile designer enough at some point to be able to replace these tiles with something more appealing.

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

[/genericformat]

Oh, and uh... while I'm here, would someone kindly tell me how to save my map correctly so I can actually open it in the future?

Cheers.
-Lyzák

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
First off, remember that we are here to rate your maps, not give you candy. That's why you posted your stuff here.

I have an excellent compare and contrast map coming up, but I need to waste this post so I can get my 15th...

4) Fence tile errors
5) Lack of organization

5/10.

Stay tuned.

Below is an example map file I made with errors you commonly make on the left, and their solutions on the right.
Spoiler:

1) Stairs. At the top on the left, we see that often you either use the shaded stair variety all across a width of stairs, or the nonshaded all the way across... but in fact, unless your width of stairs is just one tile across, you should never use just one of them. See the right side: Use the shaded stair tile for the left-most tile in a width of stairs (the only tile if your stairs have a width of one), and then use the non-shaded stair tile for all tiles right of the first tile.

2) Concave mountains. Look at the inside of the mountain on the right example. Look at the corners. Looks awkward, right? See the right side: There are specific tiles used to make concave corners. All four are positioned right next to each other in an O formation on the tileset pallet. USE THEM.

3) Ledges. ALL LEDGES have tiles designated for the ends of ledges. Look at the left example. The edges are square, and it looks awkward. Now, see the right side: All the ledges have rounded edges. Even the vertical-running ledges can be rounded off. USE THE TILES.

4) Gelatinous water. On the left example, we see a body of water. The problem with water is that most people will tell you to give your water a more natural feel, and then not elaborate. This gives people the mistaken impression that they should add as many curves to their water as possible. WRONG! See the right side: Without adding any concavity to my water (in other words, INWARD bends), I still managed to produce a body of water that looks natural, but not blob-esque.

5) Flowers and grass. Again, experienced mappers will tell you to add randomness to your grass and flowers to make it look more natural. The mistaken impression novice mappers get is exemplified on the left. Everything is a mess and is totally random. Now, see the right side: Grass is grown in clusters. The tiles are placed somewhat randomly, but still in groups. Also note the flowers. While still a bit random, they are now out of the way. Imagine a flower growing smack-dab in the middle of your front lawn! It would get trampled. Thus, no flowers in the middle of nowhere.

6) Signs. On the left, the sign is metal, and placed awkwardly in that southwest corner. WHY?! See the right side: As you are on a route, the sign should be wooden. It is also placed in a convenient place, next to the stairs where it is likely to be noticed.

1) Grass on raised terrain. DONT DO IT. See the right side: If you ABSOLUTELY MUST have grass on raised terrain, stick it up against a mountain where you CANNOT SEE THE BACK LEDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since there is no tile that has grass on the back ledge, the grass suddenly disappears and becomes rock. This looks awful.

2) Mountains 101. Look at the left side. Now look at the right side. Back at the left side. Right side again. Now swear upon (insert holy/secular book here) that you will never make broken mountains again.

I hope that helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[genericformat]

Comments:
This is the hometown of everyone's favorite ubiquitous Pokémon Trainer for my hack-in-planning. I hope that I will impress an expert tile designer enough at some point to be able to replace these tiles with something more appealing.

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

[/genericformat]

Oh, and uh... while I'm here, would someone kindly tell me how to save my map correctly so I can actually open it in the future?

Cheers.
-Lyzák
Okay, now you can improve your maps. On the right side of the map you should add a road connecting the city to the town. These roads in the map are lacking in creativity. also you could proberly fit a tree in between the house, and the pokemon center. Also what is with the random ledge, it has no purpose; attualy that whole area has no purpose. It is just empty area of grass, quite boring. Hey now that I think of it, there are no trees D: Your mountains are okay, they are a little bland, but it is okay for now. There is also a lot of free space you need to fil, but I see the atempts at detail. The beach is also very empty try adding some detail there.

Playability(Done Corecctly): 3/5
Uniqueness: 5/10
Creativity: 5/10
Detail: 4/10
Misileanious erros(5 is little to none): 5/5
Planing: 7/10
Tiles/Pallets: 8/10
Overall 37/50 (C) 74%

Lyzak

wishes he had a Hacking Team
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2012
Thanks, I guess... but your comments confused me a bit.
"Connecting the city to the town?" What city? That's an exit to the route.
"These roads in the map are lacking in creativity." Um... how can you make a creative road? <.<
"...and the pokemon center" What Pokémon Center?

actually the ledge does server a purpose - I suppose I should have added a disclaimer so that people wouldn't attempt to understand my plot. That is the area in the town where the "orchestra" will be playing. I just don't have any kinds of sprites to insert yet.

As for trees, I found as a whole there really wasn't enough legitimate room to fit trees in as details, as they should normally be out of the way. Also, another disclaimer. These tiles don't fit the theme of my area as well as they should. This is a mountain, not a forest.

Regardless, thanks for the comment!
-Lyzák

(P.S. Still need to figure out how to save this map o.O)

Last edited:
[genericformat]

Comments:

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

[/genericformat]

Cheers.
-Lyzák

Since I've seen you around this thread a lot, and helping out the... beginners a lot, figured I'd give you a decent rate and some advice.

First thing, those blue houses. The one to the right has no windows. I see this all the time and truly, it is one of my bigger pet peeves. All "residential" houses should have windows. It also only has a one tile clearance for the player to walk in. You should generally avoid one tile paths. Move the house up a tile. Also, those blue houses are more meant to be used on routes that you don't wanna blow a second tileset on for a more unique house. You can use the red houses to make the same sized house to keep your motif consistent. Just put the roof and first floor from the red house, and you have a better looking town.

The pathing. Now I know that you used the default Pallet Town paths. Lemme tell you this, it's a pain to map with, and I can see that it caused you some difficulty. Might I suggest using another pathing type? There's a similar one in tileset zero that's much easier to map with. Either that, or you could block edit to make the Pallet Town pathing tiles like the ones in tileset 0 so they're easier to work with.

Now for how the paths are actually set up. You should have a pathway leading from the stairs to the route exit. In fact, try to have a path connect to all the stairs and hit all the houses in the town. The path below the player's house should also connect to the path below it.

You beach is quite boring to tell you the truth. There are a few things you can do about that. Bring the mountains in around it a bit so it's a smaller area width-wise is an option. You could have the water erode it a little more also. Beaches really suck to try to make interesting to be honest. You may be able to put a little green in there with clever use of the "sand" path tiles to create a grass patch for a few flowers or a tree jutting out from the ridge.

I notice you have quite a bit of empty space. I'm ignoring the ledge area because you said some sort of orchestra event is happening there. Some things to fill that space:

Trees: I know you said that this was a mountainous area, and I get that. But unless this town has an insanely high elevation, trees would grow there. And since the ocean's right there, I'd say your town's at sea level :P. There are plenty of places that you could put trees to fill up some space. Between the player's house and the lab, in the fenced in garden behind the right house, to the bottom-left of the leftmost house. Blocking off that one tile clearance in that mountain in the middle. Even the corners of the orchestra area. Experiment with tree placement and be careful with the tree shadows when you do. A little greenery goes a long way.

Sporadic Flowers: There are plenty of ways to do flowers wrong. Generally, two flowers diagonal to each other is the most appealing and "safe looking" placement for beginners to use. You could dot flowers elsewhere if you're feeling adventurous, but it's easy to go over the top and cheapen the effect. It takes some practice, just like with "space filling" tree placement, but you'll eventually strike a balance.

Expand the mountains: You could of course expand the mountains to more snugly surround the town and fill the space that way. That fence along the ridge near the beach could be eliminated by moving the ridge up a tile. That space under the leftmost house could be snugly filled by the mountains.

Other Misc. Things I Noticed:
You don't seem to have a sign for the actual town and it's slogan. "Starter Town: Where the player gets their Pokemon!"

The garden area behind the rightmost house doesn't have the most appealing flower placement. Try a default tree back there and then the diagonal placement I suggested earlier around it. Experimenting is key!

Do you really need that big an area for your orchestra? Either way, it is a bit empty. You'd think there'd be maybe raised area for the orchestra to stand on, some greenery behind them to give more aesthetic oomph to their performance. Places for the people to sit and enjoy. I truly don't understand the ridge there, unless they're playing behind that? Either way, making that more interesting-looking will make that event you've planned better.

Your rock placement may be too much. I'm not exactly sure. I'd touch them last if you think they need a change after experimenting a bit.

Random bush is random :P.

I am proud of you for using the right mountain tiles, except for on the beach. The only time you should use the darker mountain ledge is when it's sitting on another mountain. For grass, sand, and everything else, use the lighter ridge. That's the only tile error I can see, but I tend to count windowless houses as tile errors :P.

---

Well that's that. I loved the concept, the orchestra sounds interesting, and I think that you're well above where people generally start off with mapping ability. Try out some of my suggestions, experiment and take some risks, and see if you like what comes out! Now go forth and map! :P

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021

4) Fence tile errors
5) Lack of organization

5/10.

Stay tuned.

Spoiler:

I hope that helps.

[genericformat]

Comments:

Mapshot:

Spoiler:

[/genericformat]

Cheers.
-Lyzák

this map is okay for a starter town but its missing many things.

First, there are no trees, i would suggest adding some trees (and don't put them in a straight pattern, make them go in random places,)

Second, the piece of ground that just rises outta nowhere looks really weird there,and it makes it look worse because there is nothing in that area (no trees,plants,etc.) so you need to remove that.

third, you have tile errors where the beach is (the rock on the water closest to the mountain)..i think its a tile error, I'm not sure.

now my map :). i haven't posted in this thread in a while so I'm going to give you guys something to rate.

Map name: none
rom base: fire red
hack: my hack but still doesn't have a name.
comments: this is the first route right after the starter town(yes i know its big but there is going to be a lot of events/trainer battles/secret areas/and part of the storyline)the cave is going to be a very huge map that has many things to do and has many underground routes that take you to many different areas of the region...also the beach on the right wont be accessible until most of the story is finished.so this isn't a route that is going to be forgotten because most of the stuff you do are on this map..anyways I'm going to quit my blabbering and show you my map.i don't care if you give me a very strict rating, i just want to know what to fix and how to improve it.
map: is on attachment.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
My map: Lanat Village Version 1 (technically 2) + Route A
Game: Pokemon Evanesce
Rom: Firered
Credits: alistar for the grass and zetavares852 for the tilesheets.
Maps:
Spoiler:
Since it seems the maps on this page have been thoroughly taken care of, I'll go back a page.

Review:
There's really nothing actually wrong with this map. I like the tree placement, the mountains, and the paths. However, I think the ledges could have been placed a little better, and those grass tiles really don't work for that type of grass placement. They really should be in big lumps, rather than little spread out pieces. Some flowers, and small trees would be nice as well. Overall, it's a simple map, not a whole lot wrong with it, so I can't say much more than this. (Edit: Other than the fact that the player isn't required to step in a single piece of grass through the whole map. Why is it even there, if we can just walk right around it?)
-------------------
Map Name: None.

Map Game: Emerald, as always.

Comments: It's been awhile since I've posted anything, so a little refresher for anyone who hasn't seen my work: I always map using basic Emerald tiles, but strive for a natural style, because I like being special. :)

Okay, about the map: You come in from the right, and go through the tunnel. On the other side, you would obtain rock smash, which allows you to go through the top exit. Right above this map is a large lake, which you'll have to cross, and/or go around to get to the upper path on this map.

I really wanted to go all out with mountains on this one, to make the terrain as fancy, and unique as possible, and I think I was pretty successful. It's one of the few maps I've made, that I actually, really like. There are still a couple trouble areas imo, but I don't think it's going to get much better than this tbh.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

xCalierz

Don't look, it kills the irony
Years
The water looks really out of place and your map looks very rectangular. Also, the way the grass isn't blended with the mountainy-bits makes the map looks amateurish. And lastly, the path seems a bit... un-natural.

Mine:
Base: FireRed;
Route 1;
Spoiler:

I just wanted to try out the new Advance Map, to be honest.

I feel like this map would make me want to batter my keyboard with frustration, but then I noticed that you didn't have to step on that many grass tiles to get through to the other side.
Aside from that, it just looks very cluttered, like the grass started falling from the sky willy-nilly.
7.5/10

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Since it seems the maps on this page have been thoroughly taken care of, I'll go back a page.

Review:
There's really nothing actually wrong with this map. I like the tree placement, the mountains, and the paths. However, I think the ledges could have been placed a little better, and those grass tiles really don't work for that type of grass placement. They really should be in big lumps, rather than little spread out pieces. Some flowers, and small trees would be nice as well. Overall, it's a simple map, not a whole lot wrong with it, so I can't say much more than this. (Edit: Other than the fact that the player isn't required to step in a single piece of grass through the whole map. Why is it even there, if we can just walk right around it?)
-------------------
Map Name: None.

Map Game: Emerald, as always.

Comments: It's been awhile since I've posted anything, so a little refresher for anyone who hasn't seen my work: I always map using basic Emerald tiles, but strive for a natural style, because I like being special. :)

Okay, about the map: You come in from the right, and go through the tunnel. On the other side, you would obtain rock smash, which allows you to go through the top exit. Right above this map is a large lake, which you'll have to cross, and/or go around to get to the upper path on this map.

I really wanted to go all out with mountains on this one, to make the terrain as fancy, and unique as possible, and I think I was pretty successful. It's one of the few maps I've made, that I actually, really like. There are still a couple trouble areas imo, but I don't think it's going to get much better than this tbh.

Mapshot:
Spoiler:

There is not much i can say about this map. you did give it a natural look which looks awesome and i don't see any thing wrong with it.
i give it a 10/10

map name: none
Comments: none
Map: is on attachment.

i'm also going to post the map i had above again because no one rated it.

Last edited:

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
There is not much i can say about this map. you did give it a natural look which looks awesome and i don't see any thing wrong with it.
i give it a 10/10

Comments: none
Map: is on attachment.

i'm also going to post the map i had above again because no one rated it.
Well im not the best at rating maps and other things but as i can see on those mapps i like more the first than the second , for me the first one look good have everything what an beach should have the mountain could have one etage more to make it higher other thing its good from me
9/10 the second one is really too big i would want to go throught this map in my game but it looks good too 7/10
heres is mine , its the first map i ever made coz i never really tried to make mapps so please be not so hard one me:)
just critism and suguestion can you give me as much you want:)
Spoiler:

edit: i saw that there in one tree i forgot to mapp his border but i saw it after uploading so i know that its there:)

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Well im not the best at rating maps and other things but as i can see on those mapps i like more the first than the second , for me the first one look good have everything what an beach should have the mountain could have one etage more to make it higher other thing its good from me
9/10 the second one is really too big i would want to go throught this map in my game but it looks good too 7/10
heres is mine , its the first map i ever made coz i never really tried to make mapps so please be not so hard one me:)
just critism and suguestion can you give me as much you want:)
Spoiler:

edit: i saw that there in one tree i forgot to mapp his border but i saw it after uploading so i know that its there:)

i was in the emulation forum, and noticed someone finally posted on the map rating thread, so now i have some thing to rate.

the map looks pretty good for your first map, but it's missing some flowers, also the stairs lead you higher up the mountain, but there is nothing but a wall, you might want to fix that, and make sure to put small and big rocks on the mountains so they are better looking and not plain.i give this map a 7/10.

i don't have any fully completed maps so i'm going to post a unfinished one.
comments: this is the starter town, the map is suppose to be bigger for hidden areas but i haven't done it yet, also the empty space at the bottom left is suppose to have something as well but haven't worked on it yet.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
i was in the emulation forum, and noticed someone finally posted on the map rating thread, so now i have some thing to rate.

the map looks pretty good for your first map, but it's missing some flowers, also the stairs lead you higher up the mountain, but there is nothing but a wall, you might want to fix that, and make sure to put small and big rocks on the mountains so they are better looking and not plain.i give this map a 7/10.

i don't have any fully completed maps so i'm going to post a unfinished one.
comments: this is the starter town, the map is suppose to be bigger for hidden areas but i haven't done it yet, also the empty space at the bottom left is suppose to have something as well but haven't worked on it yet.

Personally, if my map wasn't complete I wouldn't be posting it :/

This fine appears to to be fine on a whole, but it's biggest problem is the needless one-tile paths. One-tile paths are constrictive for the player and can generally be associated with bad mapping, or mapping where little thought is put in. The areas directly above and below the Pokemon Centre are the most prominant examples of this, so I would suggest repositioning your buildings so they aren't so close to each other or the mountains. Also, a layer of the mountains disappears completely just to the south of the Centre - Better check up on that.

These are more of personal notes than anything, but the sea is quite empty; have you considered sprinkeling a few of the large rocks around the empty so it isn't a monotonous (pardon the pun) sea of blue? I'm not keen on grass in towns (especially in the starting town), but it is your call :P

Gemini Pika

Sprite Master
Years
Map Name: Enata Town
ROM Base: Gold
Comments: The starting town for my un-named hack. The largest building is the professor's lab and the other two houses are the player's and rival's.

Spoiler:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Comments: The starting town for my un-named hack. The largest building is the professor's lab and the other two houses are the player's and rival's.

Spoiler:

not much to say about this map except you might want to add 1 or 2 houses more (just my opinion), the map looks good already but i think it would look better if you added 1 more house. 9/10

Comments: last part of the hack i'm working on, you can't go right, only to the cave entrance.

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
not much to say about this map except you might want to add 1 or 2 houses more (just my opinion), the map looks good already but i think it would look better if you added 1 more house. 9/10

Comments: last part of the hack i'm working on, you can't go right, only to the cave entrance.
yes the map look nice and all, but for me, The mountain is like too overrated..
there is too much detail for mountains, and the pattern of the mountains is the same for all level, if in reality different level must be different shapes,
And by concentrating on the mountains you forgot about the other details like the trees, its funny how they only 1 by one on certain areas,and also random water patches which look weird on a rocky terrain, and on the left side there is a empty space, and looks like you put the rocks and grass randomly..
But still i like the way the path is mapped, it looks awesome and natural.
My rating will be:
7/10

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

Spoiler:

I absolutely love this map. =)

You make the tiles look really nice. I love the general shape of this map. The flower placement is really nice too. My only quirks are that there is no signpost just for the town's name and the lack of flowers at the top of the map. Apart from that, this is an excellent map. :3

9/10 <:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Map Name: Dial Town
Hack: Pokemon Shadowed Dawn
Base: Fire Red
Comments: Dial Town is the second town in the game. It is located right next to Route 1 and borders the ocean. Due to it's spot on the island the game takes place on, it is often hit by storms. To the north is Route 2, and by extension, Cove Cave.
Spoiler:

the water is very empty, try adding more rocks on the dark water so the player won't be able to go there, also that bridge can't just stop on the water it makes it look weird, also the rocks on the water look weird, (something green, ) so you might want to fix that.

Rom base:fire red
comments just a route to a cave that takes you to the other side.

Last edited:

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
the water is very empty, try adding more rocks on the dark water so the player won't be able to go there, also that bridge can't just stop on the water it makes it look weird, also the rocks on the water look weird, (something green, ) so you might want to fix that.

Rom base:fire red
comments just a route to a cave that takes you to the other side.
I like this map very much,it's got nice playability,lay-out and I like how you gave the cave some depth. I would add something on the right though,it's a little empty there.Also you could play with the colours of the sign a bit,it's kinda bright.A 8.75/10.
for my map:

map name: route 4.
map game: darkblack
map credits: alistair,alucus and zein.

map:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back