• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rgss Script Editor

Years
Well as you can see Rmxp's default script editor is good, but isn't as good as Visual Studio or Sharp Develop, ... That's why i made this tool, the next level of Rmxp script editor. Here is some features:
  • Old Rmxp's features
  • Multi-tab
  • Auto completion
  • Suggestion box
  • Open/Save Rmxp script
  • Script example
  • Automatic Update
  • Load syntaxs from Rmxp project

Sceenshot:
Spoiler:

Download: v3 http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Rgss_Script_Editor.rar

Press the phone button to send me a feedback or report bug. If you have problems with Updater, replace your Update.exe with this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10393831/Rgss-Script-Editor/Update.exe

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Very nice! You'll make the scripting part available to the even most novice users. Does this system auto correct syntax errors?

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Very nice! You'll make the scripting part available to the even most novice users. Does this system auto correct syntax errors?
Do you mean for example automatically creating an end for a container block? I seem to recall some programs I've used for scripting or programming doing that.

This looks like it has potential. Keep working at it!

Years
Do you mean for example automatically creating an end for a container block? I seem to recall some programs I've used for scripting or programming doing that.

This looks like it has potential. Keep working at it!

It already have automatic creating "end", you can see in screenshot, What i am trying to do is showing how to fix the error ^^

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Yes, it crashed on me after trying to copy something from RMXP into it.

It said "something awesome for rmxp has stopped working" - I think.

I have a few suggestions for it though..
  • You should add "Right-Click" Clicking the top or using shortcuts for copying and pasting is kinda annoying
  • You should allow people to insert new scripts when working from a rmxp project, if that's possible. If it's not no biggy.

This could very well be a new age in scripting in RGSS.

Years
Yes, it crashed on me after trying to copy something from RMXP into it.

It said "something awesome for rmxp has stopped working" - I think.

I have a few suggestions for it though..
  • You should add "Right-Click" Clicking the top or using shortcuts for copying and pasting is kinda annoying
  • You should allow people to insert new scripts when working from a rmxp project, if that's possible. If it's not no biggy.

This could very well be a new age in scripting in RGSS.

I haven't made right-click yet, it is demo you know ^^! I am working on "Design mode", a simple design ide like visual studio ^^!

CollosalPokemon

What's next?
Years
Wow help-14 this looks really cool. I tried to do something like this around 2 years ago but it was much more basic. Glad to see this one works well, but it doesn`t really change much because a lot of features are similar to RMXP`s editor but this one looks different, better at that.

I don`t like auto fixing syntax errors.

I have suggestions but they`d have to modify the rgss player to work :p because they`re a bit advanced, like the API suggestions I have won`t work without modified rgss player.

Good luck with this project!

~CP

Last edited:
Years
Wow help-14 this looks really cool. I tried to do something like this around 2 years ago but it was much more basic. Glad to see this one works well, but it doesn`t really change much because a lot of features are similar to RMXP`s editor but this one looks different, better at that.

I don`t like auto fixing syntax errors.

I have suggestions but they`d have to modify the rgss player to work :p because they`re a bit advanced, like the API suggestions I have won`t work without modified rgss player.

Good luck with this project!

~CP

Thank CP, more function comming soon. The greatest will be "Design mode".

P/S: Have anyone tried "Fix Indent" button yet? (^^)

Years
Bad new, i am remake this tool, changing from WPF to winform, change new text editor so it will take a while to finish the final version :(

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Instead of creating an IDE you could always use something like Eclipse IDE and just make a plugin for RGSS that way you don't have to make the whole editor itself just the syntax and completion stuff.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
That's ok, just make sure to keep the already great features. You might want to fix up the suggestion box, it auto-inserts stuff when you hit space and it get's annoying when I'm writing text.

Years
Instead of creating an IDE you could always use something like Eclipse IDE and just make a plugin for RGSS that way you don't have to make the whole editor itself just the syntax and completion stuff.

I want to make some features that Eclipse's plugin can't handle.

That's ok, just make sure to keep the already great features. You might want to fix up the suggestion box, it auto-inserts stuff when you hit space and it get's annoying when I'm writing text.

I know, that's why i am changing the text editor.

Back