The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Pokémon Clubs
[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #176    
Old April 19th, 2012 (3:51 PM).
Squirrel's Avatar
Squirrel Squirrel is offline
D-I-N-O-S-A
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 9,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWsquared View Post
Welcome to the club Neon Shades!

I thought no one would answer that topic. (guess I'll save the other one for later >.>)

Anyway I think there hasn't been a Dark type gym leader since we haven't had enough Dark-types to build a decent gym leader. Several years ago I made up a Dark-type gym leader and right around the time Gen 3 came out and I could come up with a good time.
Now that we have more Dark types I see us having a Dark type specialist in gen 6 or in B2W2 cause who knows. They might change all the gym leaders or we'll have the same ones plus the two new ones.
Lol sorry, I just thought it was a very valid topic that needs discussing x] But yeah, I think there probably would be enough to build a team around? In Gen I there was only one Ghost type family and one Dragon type family, yet they had Elite Four trainers dedicated to just them, so I see no reason why they can't do it for a Dark gym x] Plus they've had two Dark Elite Four members, so there must be enough for them to build a team too? I think an ideal team for a dark gym leader would be made of (for the weaker gyms) Poochyena, Sneasel, Purrlion and Sableye, or (for the stronger gyms) Spiritomb, Weavile, Scrafty, Umbreon, Houndoom, that kind of stuff. :3 I reckon they could build a good team pretty easily with all the Pokemon available, so its about time they did! Or maybe Dark Pokemon are just too good and need to be reserved for the Elite Four ;]
__________________
  #177    
Old April 20th, 2012 (3:08 PM).
Treecko's Avatar
Treecko Treecko is offline
the princess without voice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: St.Louis,Missouri
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Posts: 5,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post


Lol sorry, I just thought it was a very valid topic that needs discussing x] But yeah, I think there probably would be enough to build a team around? In Gen I there was only one Ghost type family and one Dragon type family, yet they had Elite Four trainers dedicated to just them, so I see no reason why they can't do it for a Dark gym x] Plus they've had two Dark Elite Four members, so there must be enough for them to build a team too? I think an ideal team for a dark gym leader would be made of (for the weaker gyms) Poochyena, Sneasel, Purrlion and Sableye, or (for the stronger gyms) Spiritomb, Weavile, Scrafty, Umbreon, Houndoom, that kind of stuff. :3 I reckon they could build a good team pretty easily with all the Pokemon available, so its about time they did! Or maybe Dark Pokemon are just too good and need to be reserved for the Elite Four ;]
Ok. Well it's now the current topic(as made official by my update ^_^)
__________________
"Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"
  #178    
Old April 25th, 2012 (12:22 AM).
Sebbaiz's Avatar
Sebbaiz Sebbaiz is offline
     
    Join Date: Apr 2012
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Adamant
    Posts: 12
    Username: Sebbaiz

    What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think their very dark and mischievous and prove that Pokemon aren't always going to be cute and cuddly (but Zorua is my only exception :D). Been my favorite type since Gold!

    Your partners: Absol and Tyranitar

    What Types rule: Dark-Types rule!
      #179    
    Old April 25th, 2012 (12:29 PM).
    Treecko's Avatar
    Treecko Treecko is offline
    the princess without voice
     
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Location: St.Louis,Missouri
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 5,817
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sebbaiz View Post
    Username: Sebbaiz

    What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think their very dark and mischievous and prove that Pokemon aren't always going to be cute and cuddly (but Zorua is my only exception :D). Been my favorite type since Gold!

    Your partners: Absol and Tyranitar

    What Types rule: Dark-Types rule!
    I see what you mean when you said Dark types rule earlier
    :D
    Welcome to the club!


    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Curious. View Post
    Username: Curious.
    What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I love dark Pokemon primarily because some of my favourite pokemon are part dark types. I find their designs to be cool, and slick and their personalities devious and shady.
    Your partners: I think I'll choose two; Sneasel and Tyranitar. c:
    What Types rule: Dark-Types rule
    Welcome to the club Curious!


    By the way guys I'll be taking a break from forums until I finish some stuff to get into college. I'll be gone for most of May, so please try to keep the club active while I'm gone. I've asked Alex to watch over the place during my absence and hopefully he'll respond soon.



    Anyway lets get a new topic going to keep it active:

    Do you really think Dark types should be weak against Bug types?


    Alright have fun guys and I'll see you in a few weeks.
    __________________
    "Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"
      #180    
    Old April 25th, 2012 (3:07 PM).
    Sebbaiz's Avatar
    Sebbaiz Sebbaiz is offline
       
      Join Date: Apr 2012
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 12
      I think that Bug type being strong against Dark makes sense because most bugs are out at night and are adapted to darkness making them strong against Dark types.
        #181    
      Old April 26th, 2012 (8:25 AM).
      Squirrel's Avatar
      Squirrel Squirrel is offline
      D-I-N-O-S-A
       
      Join Date: Sep 2011
      Location: England
      Age: 24
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Quirky
      Posts: 9,555
      Personally I don't understand why Dark types are weak to Bug... It doesn't make any sense to me. :x I guess Sebbaiz's reasoning does sort of make sense, but I think 'Dark' more means evil or bad rather than referring to light, doesn't it? Since half the moves are things like Thief or Beat Up... I dunno, I could be wrong or it could even be both haha. But yeah, I see no logical reason that Bug types would be strong against it. If they are referring to Dark as night/darkness then surely either Electric or Fire type attacks should be good against it too as they're able to illuminate the darkness?
      __________________
        #182    
      Old May 5th, 2012 (8:13 PM).
      Kota889's Avatar
      Kota889 Kota889 is offline
      He who dwells in the Shadows
         
        Join Date: Jul 2011
        Location: Alabama.
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 52
        Username: Kota889
        What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Their moves are cool, and most of them look awesome as well. I can't really find a dark pokemon I don't like.
        Your partners: Umbreon, and Krookodile
        What Types rule: Dark types, duh.
          #183    
        Old May 6th, 2012 (8:28 AM).
        Google2.0's Avatar
        Google2.0 Google2.0 is offline
        Stand Alone Complex
           
          Join Date: Feb 2012
          Location: Omnipresent
          Age: 25
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 139
          Username: Google2.0
          What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They're awesome
          Your partners: Umbreon
          What type rule: I'll take a guess and say: dark type ;)
            #184    
          Old May 6th, 2012 (4:13 PM).
          Zayphora's Avatar
          Zayphora Zayphora is offline
          Don't mess with the lights...
             
            Join Date: Apr 2012
            Location: Somewhere beyond the Veil
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Sassy
            Posts: 493
            Zayphora

            Dark types are well...dark! They are in my opinion the more creative of many Poke's and they have awesome moves. I also think it's funny that they're weak to Bug. Just because you're scary doesn't mean you can't be scared.Also I have a crazy theory that the Veil actually leads to the Distortion World and this is supported by the fact that there is a little black dog in almost every gen. Yay!

            Partners are Mighteyena and Zoroark

            DAARRRKKK TYYYYYPPPPESSS RUUUUUUUUULLLLEEEEEEEE
            __________________
              #185    
            Old May 7th, 2012 (3:27 AM).
            Squirrel's Avatar
            Squirrel Squirrel is offline
            D-I-N-O-S-A
             
            Join Date: Sep 2011
            Location: England
            Age: 24
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quirky
            Posts: 9,555
            Welcome to both new members! I'll add you to the list on AW's behalf in a few hours when I return c:

            So we need a new topic in here for some new discussion! I know this has been discussed before waaaaay in the past, but a lot of members haven't had a chance to discuss it yet, so it's a simple one for now!

            What is your favourite Dark type Pokemon & why?


            For me, it's a really hard choice, but I think it has to be Sneasel. Sneasel is utterly adorable at the same time as being a vicious beast. It could rip you to shreds in seconds if you wanted to and with its huge speed, it'd have no problem catching its prey. It's a truly unique and very interesting Pokemon to use, so it earns its place as my #1 Dark type. c:
            __________________
              #186    
            Old May 7th, 2012 (4:23 AM).
            ♣Gawain♣'s Avatar
            ♣Gawain♣ ♣Gawain♣ is offline
            Onward to Music!!!
               
              Join Date: Jan 2008
              Location: Moscow, Russia
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Calm
              Posts: 5,009
              Do you really think Dark types should be immune to Psychic?

              If you have a dark mind, no one can able to interpret it. Like a thief in the night.


              It's been long...
              __________________

              VM Δ PMPairsDeviantArtPlaying...ClubsTheme
                #187    
              Old May 7th, 2012 (5:53 PM).
              TheFallenUmbreon's Avatar
              TheFallenUmbreon TheFallenUmbreon is offline
              Dreams shall never fall...
                 
                Join Date: Apr 2012
                Nature: Lonely
                Posts: 173
                Username: TheFallenUmbreon
                What I think about Dark-types: I just love their moves and stealth. It's hard for me to find a least favorite dark-type, but I prefer the defensive types.
                Partner/s: Umbreon
                Which types rule: Dark types. I don't really know why we have to answer this lol
                __________________

                  #188    
                Old May 7th, 2012 (6:31 PM).
                Kota889's Avatar
                Kota889 Kota889 is offline
                He who dwells in the Shadows
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2011
                  Location: Alabama.
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Calm
                  Posts: 52
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
                  Welcome to both new members! I'll add you to the list on AW's behalf in a few hours when I return c:

                  So we need a new topic in here for some new discussion! I know this has been discussed before waaaaay in the past, but a lot of members haven't had a chance to discuss it yet, so it's a simple one for now!

                  What is your favourite Dark type Pokemon & why?


                  For me, it's a really hard choice, but I think it has to be Sneasel. Sneasel is utterly adorable at the same time as being a vicious beast. It could rip you to shreds in seconds if you wanted to and with its huge speed, it'd have no problem catching its prey. It's a truly unique and very interesting Pokemon to use, so it earns its place as my #1 Dark type. c:
                  Hmm, well i'd say this is pretty obvious for me. No? Not obvious, well then let me spell it out for ya,

                  Umbreon.

                  Why? Well, it's a mix of nostalgia and the sheer awesomeness of dark pokemon. I'll spare you guys the long nostalgia story bit though.

                  A few other reasons why he's my favorite-
                  He can tear you to pieces with dark attacks. Dark pulse for example, (favorite dark type move by the way), and it's synchronize ability always comes in handy against any opponent using status moves against you. It can use a variety of attacks, (psychic, ghost, dark, even iron tail.) and handle any pokemon pretty well, even fighting pokemon if it knows a psychic move. In short, umbreon isn't going down easy in a fight if ya train it right and give it the right moves. It doesn't have many weaknesses other than Fighting and Bug, but it can handle those two types pretty well in a fight. It can even heal itself in a fight using Moonlight.

                  Umbreon = #1 dark pokemon in my book. Hope I don't need to explain more.
                  __________________
                  My clubs-

                    #189    
                  Old May 7th, 2012 (6:36 PM).
                  TheFallenUmbreon's Avatar
                  TheFallenUmbreon TheFallenUmbreon is offline
                  Dreams shall never fall...
                     
                    Join Date: Apr 2012
                    Nature: Lonely
                    Posts: 173
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Kota889 View Post
                    Hmm, well i'd say this is pretty obvious for me. No? Not obvious, well then let me spell it out for ya,

                    Umbreon.

                    Why? Well, it's a mix of nostalgia and the sheer awesomeness of dark pokemon. I'll spare you guys the long nostalgia story bit though.

                    A few other reasons why he's my favorite-
                    He can tear you to pieces with dark attacks. Dark pulse for example, (favorite dark type move by the way), and it's synchronize ability always comes in handy against any opponent using status moves against you. It can use a variety of attacks, (psychic, ghost, dark, even iron tail.) and handle any pokemon pretty well, even fighting pokemon if it knows a psychic move. In short, umbreon isn't going down easy in a fight if ya train it right and give it the right moves. It doesn't have many weaknesses other than Fighting and Bug, but it can handle those two types pretty well in a fight. It can even heal itself in a fight using Moonlight.

                    Umbreon = #1 dark pokemon in my book. Hope I don't need to explain more.
                    Good point of view there! Umbreon is also high in defense and can turn into an annoying brick wall for your opponent!
                    __________________

                      #190    
                    Old May 7th, 2012 (6:53 PM).
                    Kota889's Avatar
                    Kota889 Kota889 is offline
                    He who dwells in the Shadows
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2011
                      Location: Alabama.
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Calm
                      Posts: 52
                      Yep, I guess your right. I just never really think about defense that much.
                      __________________
                      My clubs-

                        #191    
                      Old May 7th, 2012 (7:42 PM).
                      CyanFlame's Avatar
                      CyanFlame CyanFlame is offline
                      Gotta get the sauce
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2012
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 43
                        Username:
                        What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are mysterious and that makes them awesome
                        Your partners: (Up to two) Deino (A Female named Egg)
                        What Types rule: Dark-Types Rule!
                        __________________
                        My Piplup brings all the boys to the yard.
                        I can teach you,
                        But I have to charge
                        ____________________________________________________________

                          #192    
                        Old May 7th, 2012 (8:06 PM).
                        TheGr8's Avatar
                        TheGr8 TheGr8 is offline
                        lovely pair<3
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Location: Sinnoh Region
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Jolly
                        Posts: 529
                        Dark types RULE! I want to join this!

                        Username: TheGr8
                        What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I love most dark types, I have always taken a liking to them especially because they usually are very powerful yet mysterious.
                        Your partners: Crawdaunt, Scrafty
                        What Types rule: DARK TYPESSSSS all day! I have so many favorites :D
                        __________________


                        Youtube | Twitter | VGC| Pair

                        Signature by Khalei


                          #193    
                        Old May 7th, 2012 (8:20 PM).
                        Klinklang5's Avatar
                        Klinklang5 Klinklang5 is offline
                        Bowties are Cool
                           
                          Join Date: Dec 2011
                          Location: With you. :3
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Quirky
                          Posts: 95
                          Username: Klinklang5
                          What I Think About Dark-Types: Most of them are cool both move-wise and in appearance.
                          Partners: Hydreigon and Scrafty
                          What Types Rule: Hmmm, Dark-Types?
                          __________________
                          [Signature goes here.]
                            #194    
                          Old May 10th, 2012 (12:11 PM).
                          Google2.0's Avatar
                          Google2.0 Google2.0 is offline
                          Stand Alone Complex
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2012
                            Location: Omnipresent
                            Age: 25
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Serious
                            Posts: 139
                            Soo many Umbreon fans wow :)
                            __________________
                              #195    
                            Old May 10th, 2012 (1:40 PM).
                            TheFallenUmbreon's Avatar
                            TheFallenUmbreon TheFallenUmbreon is offline
                            Dreams shall never fall...
                               
                              Join Date: Apr 2012
                              Nature: Lonely
                              Posts: 173
                              True hehehe VERY true goooo Umbreons!!! :D
                              __________________

                                #196    
                              Old May 12th, 2012 (12:27 AM).
                              Treecko's Avatar
                              Treecko Treecko is offline
                              the princess without voice
                               
                              Join Date: Feb 2012
                              Location: St.Louis,Missouri
                              Age: 26
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Timid
                              Posts: 5,817
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Zayphora View Post
                              Zayphora

                              Dark types are well...dark! They are in my opinion the more creative of many Poke's and they have awesome moves. I also think it's funny that they're weak to Bug. Just because you're scary doesn't mean you can't be scared.Also I have a crazy theory that the Veil actually leads to the Distortion World and this is supported by the fact that there is a little black dog in almost every gen. Yay!

                              Partners are Mighteyena and Zoroark

                              DAARRRKKK TYYYYYPPPPESSS RUUUUUUUUULLLLEEEEEEEE

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Klinklang5 View Post
                              Username: Klinklang5
                              What I Think About Dark-Types: Most of them are cool both move-wise and in appearance.
                              Partners: Hydreigon and Scrafty
                              What Types Rule: Hmmm, Dark-Types?

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TheFallenUmbreon View Post
                              Username: TheFallenUmbreon
                              What I think about Dark-types: I just love their moves and stealth. It's hard for me to find a least favorite dark-type, but I prefer the defensive types.
                              Partner/s: Umbreon
                              Which types rule: Dark types. I don't really know why we have to answer this lol

                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by CyanFlame View Post
                              Username:
                              What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: They are mysterious and that makes them awesome
                              Your partners: (Up to two) Deino (A Female named Egg)
                              What Types rule: Dark-Types Rule!
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TheGr8 View Post
                              Dark types RULE! I want to join this!

                              Username: TheGr8
                              What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I love most dark types, I have always taken a liking to them especially because they usually are very powerful yet mysterious.
                              Your partners: Crawdaunt, Scrafty
                              What Types rule: DARK TYPESSSSS all day! I have so many favorites :D

                              I've officially returned! Thanks to Alex for all the help. And I'm glad to see this place didn't die while I was gone.

                              Welcome all of you I'll update the list in a bit.
                              __________________
                              "Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"
                                #197    
                              Old May 15th, 2012 (3:32 PM).
                              CyanFlame's Avatar
                              CyanFlame CyanFlame is offline
                              Gotta get the sauce
                                 
                                Join Date: Apr 2012
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Jolly
                                Posts: 43
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
                                Welcome to both new members! I'll add you to the list on AW's behalf in a few hours when I return c:

                                So we need a new topic in here for some new discussion! I know this has been discussed before waaaaay in the past, but a lot of members haven't had a chance to discuss it yet, so it's a simple one for now!

                                What is your favourite Dark type Pokemon & why?


                                For me, it's a really hard choice, but I think it has to be Sneasel. Sneasel is utterly adorable at the same time as being a vicious beast. It could rip you to shreds in seconds if you wanted to and with its huge speed, it'd have no problem catching its prey. It's a truly unique and very interesting Pokemon to use, so it earns its place as my #1 Dark type. c:
                                For some reason, it was Deino when I first laid eyes on it. It's adorable! How could you not love it?
                                Spoiler:
                                __________________
                                My Piplup brings all the boys to the yard.
                                I can teach you,
                                But I have to charge
                                ____________________________________________________________

                                  #198    
                                Old May 16th, 2012 (4:55 AM).
                                TheAC29's Avatar
                                TheAC29 TheAC29 is offline
                                A new adventure begins now
                                   
                                  Join Date: May 2012
                                  Location: Inside your currently played Pokémon game
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 61
                                  Username: TheAC29
                                  What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think the designs of each Dark-Type Pokemon made it like not being seen during the dark like that and it's awesome to have a Dark-Type Pokemon :)
                                  Your partners: Weavile and Absol
                                  What Types rule: Dark-Type of course :D
                                  __________________
                                  Pokémon Black 2 Version






                                    #199    
                                  Old May 17th, 2012 (8:27 AM).
                                  Treecko's Avatar
                                  Treecko Treecko is offline
                                  the princess without voice
                                   
                                  Join Date: Feb 2012
                                  Location: St.Louis,Missouri
                                  Age: 26
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Timid
                                  Posts: 5,817
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by TheAC29 View Post
                                  Username: TheAC29
                                  What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think the designs of each Dark-Type Pokemon made it like not being seen during the dark like that and it's awesome to have a Dark-Type Pokemon :)
                                  Your partners: Weavile and Absol
                                  What Types rule: Dark-Type of course :D
                                  Welcome to the club TheAC29! I'll add you as soon as I get back from lunch with my friend.
                                  __________________
                                  "Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"
                                    #200    
                                  Old May 23rd, 2012 (7:54 PM).
                                  GhostRyan's Avatar
                                  GhostRyan GhostRyan is offline
                                  The Haunted Guy
                                     
                                    Join Date: May 2012
                                    Location: Regina, Canada
                                    Age: 22
                                    Gender: Male
                                    Nature: Brave
                                    Posts: 7
                                    Username: GhostRyan
                                    What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think of Dark types as the fearsome, cunning Pokemon, the smartest of all types (Take THAT Psychic types)
                                    Your partners: Absol and Houndoom
                                    What Types rule: Dark!
                                    __________________

                                    This is like the Hypest signature ever!
                                     

                                    Quick Reply

                                    Join the conversation!

                                    Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                    Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                    Thread Tools

                                    Posting Rules
                                    You may not post new threads
                                    You may not post replies
                                    You may not post attachments
                                    You may not edit your posts

                                    BB code is On
                                    Smilies are On
                                    [IMG] code is On
                                    HTML code is Off

                                    Forum Jump


                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:53 AM.