• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] PMD: Antiquity

Status
Not open for further replies.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
little memories, marching on / on little feet, working the machines / will it spin? will it soar? / my little dream, working the machine

Eeeeeey, Gorillaz! It's a favorite song of mine from their Plastic Beach album alongside Broken. Just thought it was nice to see is all <3

Also, I'll go ahead and say that I'm wanting for Ara to take on the Dewott's Shell mission (:

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

tumblr_p7kmr1GUfX1wxyzk0o1_r1_75sq.png

Name: Ciel L?arc
Species: Gothita

Appearance: That might be a little difficult to describe; for Ciel?s appearance is always changing. She has a makeup case twice the size of her own body, filled with colored lipsticks, fur dyes, makeup, etc. In order to keep up her mystique she is never seen without makeup of some sort. What does she look like under there? Who knows! Today she?s wearing neon green lipstick, a flower crown, and an assortment of colored bows, tomorrow it will be completely different (her name does mean Rainbow, after all).

Personality: As much as Ciel would like to be dark and mysterious, it simply isn?t it her; She?s bright and bubbly, talkative, and a natural born entertainer, all traits that helped her be a real crowd pleaser in her previous occupation: A member of a traveling circus. Ciel has an artistic knack for making costumes, as well as makeup and face paint, and is frequently looking for a new model to experiment on.

The circus was a wonderful place for someone so flashy and bubbly, though all good things must come to an end, and when the circus? ringmaster decided to hang up his cape, Ciel set her sights on a new adventure, maybe a little less flashy, but if done right, still full of rewards and potential applause; that?s right, joining Alakazam?s guild! What mysteries await? What mighty foes will she bring to justice? What sparkly treasures do the mystery dungeons hide within their walls? What wonders will befall her that she hasn?t even imagined yet?!

Ability: Shadow Tag
Moves: Confusion, Fake Tears, Telekinesis, Psybeam, Dark Pulse, Future Sight

---

Alakazam?s Guild Questionnaire

Somebody calls you ?weird but funny.? How does that make you feel?

?You think I?m funny? Aww, thank you! No one?s ever said that before. Weird, well, yeah, of course! But funny, that?s really sweet of you to say! Most people just think I?m weird.?

The road forks to the right and left. You are told there is a treasure on the right.

?Mmmh...that?s a tough one. On the one hand, I want the treasure, who doesn?t love treasure? On the other hand...if the person knows there?s treasure, why didn?t they go get it already? What if the treasure?s to the left, and they?re just telling me it?s on the right so they can go to the left and get it! Or! What if it?s a trap? I bet it?s a trap! Oooh that sneak! I?ll get him for trying to pull a fast one like that!?

Spring, summer, fall, or winter? Which season do you like best and why?

?Spring! It?s not too hot or too cold, the flowers are coming into bloom, everything?s just so pretty! I love spring colors, too! Oh, I have the cutest little dress hat for spring! It?s a pastel pink, and it has roses on it!?

When it?s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?

?That sounds super ominous...soo...I hope not??

What makes you special?

?Well, I can lift objects with my mind! But...I guess all Psychic Pokemon can do that, so that?s not that special. Oh! I can walk across a tightrope while holding an umbrella! And I?m really good at making clothes! Want me to sew you a little top hat? Or maybe a little bag to keep all your spoons??

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
just got through all the apps. i want chika to meet all of these characters
Eeeeeey, Gorillaz! It's a favorite song of mine from their Plastic Beach album alongside Broken. Just thought it was nice to see is all <3

Also, I'll go ahead and say that I'm wanting for Ara to take on the Dewott's Shell mission (:
(dude the little dragon part is so good... that, rhinestone eyes, and white flag were my favorites)

i actually just realized that both chika and ara are book-smart with good memories. i thought that was the sweetest detail to have in common.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Eero's half SU/half NPC profile is done!

Assuming acceptance, this means that he plays a big part in Warren's story so I'll be using him a fair amount but also that others can use Eero in missions, just let me know so that I don't make a plan to use him in a post

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
Years
Ay lads, I'm looking at popping my head in here along with a friend (we're making characters whose backstories are interleaved, so bear with us).

I just wanted to ask, how strictly do you intend for us to follow the movelist? Or to be specific to the character I'm making, Raelin is a Riolu so can I expect that as a Fighting-type she can kick things really well (or generally use martial arts) without having to know High Jump Kick? I'd like to use the limited move resource for special things (like moves such as Endure and Counter that reflect her character) rather than the basics, you know?

Years
Ay lads, I'm looking at popping my head in here along with a friend (we're making characters whose backstories are interleaved, so bear with us).

I just wanted to ask, how strictly do you intend for us to follow the movelist? Or to be specific to the character I'm making, Raelin is a Riolu so can I expect that as a Fighting-type she can kick things really well (or generally use martial arts) without having to know High Jump Kick? I'd like to use the limited move resource for special things (like moves such as Endure and Counter that reflect her character) rather than the basics, you know?

Common sense works with the moves. As long as they're not overly powerful we'll be all good, unless I see some problems with it and would discuss with you about your plans. See: Quetzalli of user - AfterglowAmpharos, with her general psychic abilities and actual moveset. So a Riolu that would know martial arts would be reasonable yeah!

As for the moveset, it's the same for everyone. 5 moves that are in their natural learnset + 1 optional eggmove.

Plumbum

Years
Who am I?

Name
Raelin Fiala

Species
#447 - Riolu

Appearance
To look at Raelin, one might not particularly find anything special, aside from her unusual size for a Riolu - it being unusual to remain a Riolu until her age, she stands at 2'07". She does very little to accessorize or differentiate her appearance from other Riolu, which is pretty much limited to her family's namesake flower (a violet) that she keeps attached to a scarf.

Personality
Raelin is an endlessly giving, generous and protective pok?mon, sprinkled with just a touch of na?vete - a combination of attributes that may at first seem enviable but ultimately just end up self-destructive if her tendencies are left unchecked. She is, however known to wear her heart on her sleeve and openly display her emotions rather than keep them buried - although she would hope the same of others, she can understand when others do not wish to share and flat-out refuses to read another's aura for their emotional state without their permission, unless it is an absolute necessity.

She does treat one other Explorer far differently to the others - her childhood friend Jimmy, with whom she frequently shares acerbic barbs along with a long exploring history. Mostly, because she knows that he can handle them. Nevertheless, they seem to be close and Raelin is constantly on watch to keep him from getting hurt rushing headlong into danger.

Ability
Steadfast

Moves:
Endure
Foresight
Force Palm
Blaze Kick
---
---

Questions?

Somebody calls you ?weird but funny.? How does that make you feel?
I mean, it doesn't really does it? Can I fault someone for being honest with what they think?

The road forks to the right and left. You are told there is a treasure on the right. What do you do?
Find out what on this planet lays off to the left fork. I can't make a decision without knowing everything I need to know. But truthfully I've been taught that wherever there are riches or power, those who might abuse them are never too far away, so I would try not to delay for too long.

Spring, summer, fall, or winter? Which season do you like best and why?
I remember watching my hometown burst into life around the springtime. It was truly beautiful and the first signs that the dreary winter had burnt away for another year.

When it?s all said and done, will you have said more than you have done?
Hah. I think I have someone else to do all my boasting for me...

What makes you special?
The people I love and care about. I've always been taught that as a whole, we are far more than we could be as a group of individuals. Just because it's clich? doesn't make it wrong.​

Last edited:

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Here's my sign-up.
CSS? What's that? You mean a chicken salad sandwich? :v

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I love seeing everyone's sign-ups, it motivates me to work on my own! Unfortunately my muse has uh, taken a leave of absence, so to speak. ^_^;

Anyway, I'm a little stuck right now on how a Komala would function in life with its comatose ability. I'm currently looking for ideas. Anyone feel free to chip in on this! :)

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
I love seeing everyone's sign-ups, it motivates me to work on my own! Unfortunately my muse has uh, taken a leave of absence, so to speak. ^_^;

Anyway, I'm a little stuck right now on how a Komala would function in life with its comatose ability. I'm currently looking for ideas. Anyone feel free to chip in on this! :)
looks like komala can do anything every other pokemon can do... while asleep, aha. that?d probably make it hard to write from a komala?s POV since it seems like one of those pokemon whose functions are meant to be a ?mystery,? kind of like unown. komala?s entire gimmick seems to be written out for you (?is it an accident that komala did that... or was it on purpose???)

BUT you could write them without being ?introspective.? like, for chika?s first post(s) i have this idea of being pretty impersonal since it?s going to be a collab with firesnow. like, instead of describing how chika feels, it would more like a neutral narrator reflecting on what another character could glean through conversation.

that?s an idea for how you could write them. for a random character premise thingie, maybe the komala is touted as this oracle in apricorn village, able to ?see what no one else can? lol

Plumbum

Years
Komala's an interesting (and very difficult) proposition, as it's entire gimmick would be... well, not particularly conducive to interaction at all. The main way I could think of doing it might for a suggestion be that they're having dreams that are somewhat lucid, and altering their perceptions of actual events that are happening. Like uh, if you've played Team Fortress or seen the Meet the Pyro video, perhaps like a less-grisly version of the Pyro's grip on reality?

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
oh shit i really like that lucid dreaming idea, you can do a lot more with personality then

Years
the ic is up! people on discord, thanks for waiting and im pretty sure you know what i'm gonna say :') glad you guys edited it <3

Here's my sign-up.
Who am I?
you two are also accepted! sorry if i seem to be mia here, i'm better at giving updates via the discord server

speaking of,
please restate what mission you're claiming!
if you're in discord, ping me there instead.

please also give me a list of what you have on hand so far

Plumbum

Years
Unfortunately, I can't find a link to the RPT discord anywhere. If someone can drop it to me (ThePlumbum#7024), it would be appreciated.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Unfortunately, I can't find a link to the RPT discord anywhere. If someone can drop it to me (ThePlumbum#7024), it would be appreciated.
There is no RPT discord at the moment. This RP is hosting a channel on a private RP-focused discord server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back