• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 26, 2016
My tiles look good on advance map but in the game it looks all glitchy (waterfall and sea animations) I made sure that the behaviour bytes at 00 00 for them too. What's the deal?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
How do I get GBColorizer to work? I keep getting the message that MSCOMCTL.OCX is missing even though it isn't. I put it in the right folder.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 5, 2015
Regarding "Pokemon IDs" in Dark Rising 2 Hack

Hiya,
So my question is that recently I was playing the Fire Red 'hack', Pokemon Dark Rising 2, and in it, to make the game more enjoyable for myself, I want to use hacks to get the team that I desire before I start (I don't really fancy waiting to catch all the Pokemon I want)
Anyways, since DR2 is a FR hack, all the gameshark codes that work on FR, by extension work on DR2 as well. So I stumbled upon the wild Pokemon modifier gameshark code
83007CEE 0XXX. Where X is any given Pokemon's secret ID.

Usually, for a regular FR copy of the game, the IDs of the given pokemon are given on this site;
blah blah (Apparently I can't post the link with the 3 digit code b/c I don't have 5 posts lol, but you should be able to find it easily online)
I.e. some examples being that 002 is Ivysaur, 05A is Shelder, etc.

The problem comes in since DR2 is modified to have pokemon from all 6 gen, and since FR only has pokemon from Gens 1-3 anyways, the IDs given on that site don't match with the DR2. For example, the site staes that 0FA is the code for Ho-Oh, but in DR2, it is instead the code for Arceus, and as another example 196 codes for Rayquaza in the original FR2 rom, but in DR2 it gives you like Yveltal (I'm not 100% sure if it's Yveltal, but you get the point).

So my question boils down to, how do I find these 3 digit codes for the Pokemons that I want. I know there has to be a way, but I don't know it, and I was hoping someone else here would know how to do it. If anyone could help me I would be really thankful! Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Pokemon dark diamond tag team grunt battle crashing

Hi! I'm new to this, I only created an account because I'm in love the Dark Diamond game and was wondering if any of you would be able to help me out? I downloaded ND4IOS (on my Iphone5) and Pokemon dark diamond was the first rom I played. I was a little ways into the game when it started crashing. Right after obtaining my first gym leader badge I went to Jubilee town. The 2 Grunts captured Rowan and his assistant and I challenged them to a tag team battle. Whenever I clicked "fight" the game would crash. I don't want to give up on the game, but I fear I might have to if it keeps crashing. I've tried resetting my
Phone and everything, I hope one of you have the answer to help me 😊😊☺️

Years
What the heck is going on with my ROM? When I try and open the palette editor in A-Map it gives me this "Palette editor is deactivated because of all color are changed by DAN preview. Change DAN-Preview to Time Period without color change" and if I open it in Overworld Editor it says "Error 63 (bad record number) in procedure LoadSpriteStructure of frmOverworld editor. Please help me I don't want to restart my game :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 23, 2015
How to fix broken video in Pokemon Order Destroyed?

Can anyone help me in fixing the broken video in pokemon order destroyed? i patched the hack on a clean firr red rom using unipatcher but when i load the game in myboy i end up just reading the text and images is too pixelated that i cant even see the image. please help anyone?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Is this is an emulation question? In the future, you might want to ask at that thread, which can be provided here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=284.

To answer your question, I have emulators on my Android device too. However, DON'T use Unipatcher. It's not reliable and I had a couple freezes from it. Plus, you need to pay that $$$ for support on other ROM and Patch types. Use ROM Patcher. It's free, efficent, and is widely supprotive of many ROMs and patches.

Years
Transferring a GB/C ROM hack to a GameBoy cartridge?

Hey there,

I've posted the same thread on skeetendo but I think it might also make sense here.. So I am currently working on a rather simple hack for pokemon Crystal and I was wondering if it was possible to transfer this hack to a cartridge somehow. I found a thread on the net somewhere but that was about GBA games, so I am not sure. Furthermore, if that is indeed possible, are there any downsides? Would that transferred hack work for Pokemon Stadium? I'm changing nothing about the pokemon except for minor changes in moves they learn, all other changes are about the trainers and the maps.

If you could answer any of these questions, that'd be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

pallando

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
I'm having an odd problem with my EZ Flash IV playing my hack. I can get it to run when I copy it to NOR memory, and everything appears to run correctly, until I run into a Pokemon battle.

When I go into a battle, I don't get very far until something goes wrong. Usually, I can attack, but when my opponent does a damaging attack, the game freezes. The music keeps going, but I can't press any buttons and nothing happens so I essentially crash.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've put so much time and effort into this and I'd hate to have it all go to waste.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
I'm having an odd problem with my EZ Flash IV playing my hack. I can get it to run when I copy it to NOR memory, and everything appears to run correctly, until I run into a Pokemon battle.

When I go into a battle, I don't get very far until something goes wrong. Usually, I can attack, but when my opponent does a damaging attack, the game freezes. The music keeps going, but I can't press any buttons and nothing happens so I essentially crash.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've put so much time and effort into this and I'd hate to have it all go to waste.
Assuming you haven't increased the size of the ROM as in the case of some hacks (like Glazed) there shouldn't be any problems with the ez flash running it with any sort of errors or lag. As it is the problem may be in the hack, such as a overridden value by yourself or the ez flash 4 client or a problem or corruption with the nor, indicating why it was a soft lock and not a crash. With the limited amount of information you have given me this is all I can give, but if possible you could quote me here telling me with version of the ez flash you have, which kernel update, what kind of mini SD/capacity and the version of the client, I would be more that glad to try and give you a more comprehensive answer

AkameTheBulbasaur

Years
Assuming you haven't increased the size of the ROM as in the case of some hacks (like Glazed) there shouldn't be any problems with the ez flash running it with any sort of errors or lag. As it is the problem may be in the hack, such as a overridden value by yourself or the ez flash 4 client or a problem or corruption with the nor, indicating why it was a soft lock and not a crash. With the limited amount of information you have given me this is all I can give, but if possible you could quote me here telling me with version of the ez flash you have, which kernel update, what kind of mini SD/capacity and the version of the client, I would be more that glad to try and give you a more comprehensive answer

I have the version of EZ Flash IV that uses a micro SD instead of a mini SD. In this case I have a 2 gigabyte micro SD. I'm not entirely sure which version of the client/kernel I have yet. will update this when I get home and look up everything for sure. I was also going to test on the computer and with a plain Fire Red ROM to see if it's a problem with the ROM or the hardware.

EDIT: The client is in a folder called EZ4_20061010 and the Kernel is version 1.76. I'm going to try again with the 2014 EZ4 Client, as its the newest. I tried testing the ROM on the card (sent through the client) on the PC and the emulator says "Undefined opcode - with no debug vector defined" I tried the regular ROM on the computer and it crashes when the opponent attacks.

There must be something wrong with the ROM itself. I tried a slightly earlier version and it had the same problem.

This links to the most recent patch, which hopefully will work.

I will attempt to find a version which doesn't have the problem and compare them, but I really don't want to have to go back on all the progress I made. Hopefully this is somewhat helpful.

Last edited:

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
Years
This definitely sound to me like a problem with the patching. It sounds to me that during patching, a variable is overrriden causing this. Have you had trouble with other games? One more thing, what are you using the ez flash on? Because different versions of the kernel are for the different handhelds. In the meantime I will run some tests with my ez flash and try to help with the problem

Last edited:

AkameTheBulbasaur

Years
I fixed the battle problem. I just replaced some bytes with the ones from a clean fire red and it was gone. However I still have a problem that is only occurring on the flash cart to my knowledge. On one particular map, I can walk up to a specific point where the map just crashes the game, where it makes the weird static sound effects.

I was going to try replacing the map and see if that changed anything.

I'm using it on both a gba and the gba slot of the ds. It had the same problem there. I'm not sure why it crashes there. There aren't any script tiles or anything.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 20, 2018
I play Pokemon AdventuresRed chapter(Fire red Hack) but the screen there is red like the image attached please if you get any solution of this problem please reply me......
38LcJOrvrBG4AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
38LcJOrvrBG4AAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2015
Is there anyway to keep pokemon in specific routes? Like say I'm randomizing Fire Red, is there a way on the first route I can get every pokemon on the first route from the first 2 generations? Like the route where you get pidgey in fire red is there a setting i can get a hoothoot / sentret (2nd gen) and poocheyena & zigzagoon (3rd gen)
If theres any hack too, let me know please!

i got the pokemon universal randomizer

Years
Hey everybody! I want to start creating a rom hack. But the thing is, I have absolutely no experience at all with creating rom hacks or even games from scratch for that matter. Where should I start? Some advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Trading from a Rom Hack?

I hope this is the right place to ask. Kind of want to get back into the swing of playing Rom hacks-- specifically ones right now for gen VI, but I was wondering if it's possible to trade with myself afterwards to put the team I used on my legit copy (Either for safe keeping or to use for something else later on). Or is the only way to transfer from a Rom still require an flashcard or cheating it with a Pokegen/AR code?

Basically, are there any 3DS emulators out there that can trade pokemon to a retail cart, or am I sore out of luck? D: Or is it even possible with some of the older generations instead?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2015
NDS Emulator

Hi All

has anyone managed to get a good NDS emulator yet for Iphone? really itching to play black/white but I only have GBA4IOS at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Back