• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The HP Bar/HP Box/Whatever You Call It Patches

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
NOTICE!!!
Please make your own sprites with my HP Bar toolkit!!! It will tell you everything and will help alot if you want your patch in this thread!!!
DOWNLOAD FOR TOOLKIT

HP Bar Patches!!!

I've been looking for these patches for a LONG time, so why dont i make my own! But i decided to help all of the people like me... lazy with a capital I.
Spoiler:

Sadly, since im lazy, these are only for FR because i used Delta's Bookmarks for NSE.(Only for FR) so yeah, do it yourself EmeraldHeads! but not RubyHeads...
They suck.
Patches Available!
HGSS styled sprites. (They look yucky for a reason)
HGSS Patch-0.png
Spoiler:

Credits
Me, Jaizu

HGSS Sprites Plus (Download This instead of the one up top.
TESTER-0.png
TESTER-1.png

Credits
Me, Jaizu

Gaia Sprites (These are meant as bases for your own and i advise you not to use these plain for your rom. and Spherical Ice will kill me if he found out about this :shifty-eyed: )
poopie.png

Credits
Me, Spherical Ice and his team of people? (I don't know who made em')

Platinum sprites! (This one took a while, and i do want to make some changes. and the info/controls are blue and oaks background is changed to be Bright blue. odd.)
Plain FR-6.png

Credits
Hollowroxas. (He made these in Wackahack, but are not available anymore. and he hasnt hacked since 2015... so, yeah.)
Coming Soon!
I really dont know... yet. i might make my own i guess?
i am making more. these are plain v1.0 roms of FR. nothing changed or new other than these.
If you want your own HP Box in here, just post the .NSL or PM the .NSL to me!
FAQ
Q: What was the hardest one so far?
A: The Gaia ones. i had to rip em' from the original rom and put them in to a plain one witch was so hard i almost quit.
Q: Can i make one and make it be showcased here?
A: :irate-stare: dude, its in big letters in the beginning of the thread, bro.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen May 25, 2019
Thanks for doing this patch. It looks like it will help my hack, even though I don't use patches much. But I have no idea how to edit HP Boxes. Your work is greatly appreciated dude.

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
Thanks for doing this patch. It looks like it will help my hack, even though I don't use patches much. But I have no idea how to edit HP Boxes. Your work is greatly appreciated dude.
thanks! i am making a toolkit for anyone who wants to make there own patches and be displayed here!

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
Someone is actually using my battle bars :o
I'm working on a new Platinum version, will try to post it when I finish it

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2022
I made these "high fidelity" HGSS hp bars with this tool kit! It was super helpful, thank you!
For anyone is interested, i made an ips patch, feel free to use it

N3HGWyV.png
zQphds9.png
rD4VQQ6.png

Attachments

• HGSS_PremiumHpBars.ips
    5.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

YoY-X

bootycable
Years
I made these "high fidelity" HGSS hp bars with this tool kit! It was super helpful, thank you!
For anyone is interested, i made an ips patch, feel free to use it

N3HGWyV.png
zQphds9.png
rD4VQQ6.png

Thanks man. Means a lot that people are using my stuff.

Years
I have one question, what offset your patch uses to apply the HP bars?

I checked the HxD comparison. After putting the patch. i compared my back up with the patched one. seems like it just replace the original to the patch one.

Edit: but correct me if I am wrong. thanks!

Last edited:
Years
Wouldn't it be better to create a tutorial, teaching you how to change the HP bar manually?
This would be more beneficial to everyone than already picking up something ready and
applying in the rom. Create patch of something so simple and make it available it just makes people more lazy.
And it's pretty simple to change this HP bar manually, you only need to have the right sprites and programs.

Years
Wouldn't it be better to create a tutorial, teaching you how to change the HP bar manually?
This would be more beneficial to everyone than already picking up something ready and
applying in the rom. Create patch of something so simple and make it available it just makes people more lazy.
And it's pretty simple to change this HP bar manually, you only need to have the right sprites and programs.

I thought he teaches you as well within the download file. It is actually 2 in one.
You can use others or you can make yourself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
I checked the HxD comparison. After putting the patch. i compared my back up with the patched one. seems like it just replace the original to the patch one.

Edit: but correct me if I am wrong. thanks!

Maybe, cause of it, this patch bug the shadow of Pokémon in Battle, shadow take same color from HP Bar :(

Krinalle11

Krinalle
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 22, 2022
Hello I would like to know how to remove or hide the level numbers of both wild and trainer pokemon
how do i edit the colors of the hp boxes manually can help me? Rom :Fire red

Back