• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen First Pokemon Demo

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Is there special you get from the demo that you won't be able to get in the main game? Didn't get a code/don't know how :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Is there special you get from the demo that you won't be able to get in the main game? Didn't get a code/don't know how :(
Where do you live? It's not available in NA yet.
They mentioned something about a Mega, so we may get a Demo exclusive Mega...maybe Mega Jirachi...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Luckily I got a code from Norway in time. If it doesn't work on my 3DS I'll probably just visit one of those Nintendo events in my own country, even though I have to travel 2 hours for one.

I see you live in the Netherlands ( like I do! :] ).
The demo will most certainly be region-locked, so everyone outside of Europe who got the code from a Scandinavian country will not be able to play the demo.
But since you're from Europe, you can freely play the demo with no issues at all.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Anyone have any clue if Smyths of Ireland will be sending out demo codes like the U.k store is doing?

Sorbet

sυᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀвᴇт
Years
I see you live in the Netherlands ( like I do! :] ).
The demo will most certainly be region-locked, so everyone outside of Europe who got the code from a Scandinavian country will not be able to play the demo.
But since you're from Europe, you can freely play the demo with no issues at all.

That's what I thought too :pink_laugh:
I don't really feel like traveling for a code, so I just gave it a shot. God bless Studenten-OV in case I did need to travel tho ;)

Years
Ugh, well Spain is announced for the demo, but NA is still waiting -_-
Yeah, and another(?) event was announced for the Netherlands And Belgium too. It'll be given out by Game Mania.

And we're 4 days away from the Demo too...maybe us in NA will get a universal code given out when the official site update :3. Or maybe our Global Link accounts will have one show up. It'll be easier than all of the other countries' methods to get though...

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
Years
hopefully it'll be that way for north america, it'd be so much easier to distribute via the pokemon global link

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
That's what I thought too :pink_laugh:
I don't really feel like traveling for a code, so I just gave it a shot. God bless Studenten-OV in case I did need to travel tho ;)

Guess what? All you have to do is to visit a Game Mania and receive a code!
--

Speaking about receiving codes, since I already would get a code from Nintendo of Norway, I can now get an extra code! Meaning I can give someone a code for the demo! If the demo isn't region locked, then I'll be giving it away to someone from the US

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
Years
chances are feeling high that Nintendo is trolling the US by announcing every other country's release date first. I feel like it's almost guaranteed that our announcement date will be Monday, Oct. 13th, giving people 2 days to get the news and scramble to the nearest Gamestop for a hopeful Oct. 15th release day.

Years
chances are feeling high that Nintendo is trolling the US by announcing every other country's release date first. I feel like it's almost guaranteed that our announcement date will be Monday, Oct. 13th, giving people 2 days to get the news and scramble to the nearest Gamestop for a hopeful Oct. 15th release day.
Or Maybe Nintendo of America struck a deal with Gf to put the ORAS demo in our E-shop to download without the code :P

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 15, 2015
Any chance that they will release codes in Latin America?

Years
Any chance that they will release codes in Latin America?
What country of Latin America? I think that the North America codes will work for Mexico (it is technically part of NA too after all), but I'm not sure about Central and South America.

Edit: The official site's Latin America Version mentions the Demo too, so that is likely a yes...so practically us in Americas are the ones left waiting for the distribution methods of the Demo...
Interestingly while reading the Latin American version I read this, " ¡Durante el transcurso de esta aventura, podrás encontrarte con un conocido Pokémon que ahora es capaz de megaevolucionar! Y, además, tendrás la oportunidad de llevarte a este Pokémon a tu versión completa de Pokémon Rubí Omega o Pokémon Zafiro Alfa, así como otros objetos que hayas encontrado durante tus aventuras en la demo especial." 'Un' is used for the singular, and along with 'ahora es capaz de megaevolucionar' means that it's a new Mega. So we'll be seeing one new Mega. The reason I point this out is because some interpreted the English version of that phrase to potentially hint at more than one new Mega.

Last edited:

AngelicPikachu

"We're Ready"
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2016
That's a good question...I to will play everyday a few times...I really hope if E-Shop gets it for North America and other places...some was saying it was gonna be for platinum nintendo club members only..I hope that's only a rumor

Back