• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2009
Thnx, i assumed it had bad IV's but wasn't sure.
btw i simply caught, purified it and traded.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
Actually, one of my Lugia's is much worse, which is the exact reason why I ran through the game again to get another one. As for the IVs, here you go:

HP: 14-15
Atk: 28-29
Def: 18-19
SAtk: 4-5
SDef: 6-7
Spd: 0-1

The first thing that jumps out at you is its Atk. I would definitely make this Lugia a physical attacker. Here is my suggestion:

Lugia @ Leftovers/Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Bashful Nature (crappy)
- Aeroblast
- Earthquake
- Light Screen/Ice Beam
- Recover/Shadow Ball

There are two strategies here. The first is setting up Light Screen to protect it from its special weaknesses, and then proceed to destroy things, and Recover when HP gets low. The other (and better) is the Choice Band. Ice Beam handles Groudon and fliers (i.e. Rayquaza and Salamence) with ease. Shadow Ball ruins fellow Psychics. Earthquake makes Tyranitar cry. Aeroblast though is just plain fun. Its Critical Hit rate is two stages above normal, which should not be overlooked.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Hey Where can i find a masqurain

Hey i have one spot left in my poke dex and it is masqurain where can i see this for my poke dex

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Thanks but i play emerald and thats all i got do u guys have any idea on when it will swarm

Yeah you'll have to be patient and wait till a T.V says they swarm, I've personally encountered a T.V in emerald that said Skitty are swarming so it's not impossible, I'm not too sure if they will say it if your internal battery is dead though.

If you simply want to see masquerain, then just wait until the bug maniac West of Lilycove wishes to battle you, eventually his surskit's will evolve into masquerain.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Not on Emerald; the only way to get a Surskit would be to either trade with R/S/XD, or mix records with a R/S game which has a Surskit swarm.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
That is not correct. The Surskit swarm is a random TV event on Emerald. That is exactly how I got one on my Emerald cart.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
That is not correct. The Surskit swarm is a random TV event on Emerald. That is exactly how I got one on my Emerald cart.

I've never had a Surskit swarm, despite having had Emerald for nearly 4 years... However, by mixing records with Sapphire when I had a Seedot swarm, I caught Seedot on Sapphire. Seedot swarms don't occur naturally on Sapphire, so it's safe to assume that mixing records caused it. Are you sure you didn't mix records with R/S beforehand?

Years
At random times during Pokemon Emerald, the TV will announce that a swarm of surskit appeared on whatever route they appear in. After watching this, there will be an increased chance of finding the very hard to find surskit on the aforementioned route.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
I've never had a Surskit swarm, despite having had Emerald for nearly 4 years... However, by mixing records with Sapphire when I had a Seedot swarm, I caught Seedot on Sapphire. Seedot swarms don't occur naturally on Sapphire, so it's safe to assume that mixing records caused it. Are you sure you didn't mix records with R/S beforehand?
You are absolutely correct. Serves me right for going off memory. I looked at my notes and only Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Skitty are outbreaks in Pokemon News unless you mix records with RS, then you get Surskit too. Thanks for the correction.

Dragonbane

Beards are now mandatory
Years
You are absolutely correct. Serves me right for going off memory. I looked at my notes and only Seedot, Nuzleaf, and Skitty are outbreaks in Pokemon News unless you mix records with RS, then you get Surskit too. Thanks for the correction.

Huh. That's weird. I usually find Surskit underwater. It's pretty common. Or is that only in one dive spot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back