• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i can't tie a tie

baire

many such cases
Years
my motor skills are OK I guess
recently I've been practicing/learning musical moment 4 by Rachmaninoff. I managed to play everything quite smoothly up till the last E minor chord in the first section (everything until 0:38 in this video I used for reference), then the right hand starts playing these octaves over the sextuplets and I just can't keep up. hopefully when I have more time to spare I can get around to learning the rest of the piece, but it gets much harder as you go on :(

i think what I have so far puts me above average at least, but it's not particularly noteworthy

Last edited:

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
all these years of dance dance revolution havent failed me

suck at tying ties though

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm pretty good with things like this. I liked drawing a lot when I was younger so I have pretty good coordination with my hands. Lately I mostly just use it for knitting when I'm bored and binging netflix or visual novels, lol.

For ties specifically, I had to wear one for a job I had for 4 months and just never forgot how to do it well. I kinda wish I had more excuses to wear ties because I love them but alas. :(

Years
If you really like a piece of clothing then just wear it! Sure people may think oddly of it but after a while, no one will really care. Anyway, my motor skills have been finely tuned from a young age and I learnt to tie a tie when I moved to the UK as schools there include one as part of the uniform.

Years
I can tie a tie. And not just with one style. But my motor skills are all over the place. I'm magician, so I can do some neat tricks. But I can fail at the most basic tasks like shuffling the deck. Or even taking a cup of tea from kitchen to my bedroom.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
My motor skills are definitely hit and miss. I believe i learned how to tie a tie?? Cant remember but while i have coordination in some things i dont seem to have it in other things.

And god forbid who knows how many times ive knocked over a drink at work yet im one of the fastest drink makers so.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
idk how to tie a tie either, it and the things it goes with aren't really something I'm into wearing and have almost never had to wear them (and on the like literal 2 occasions I did, I just used a clip-on tie)

As for my motor skills....idk if they're good or bad or not. I mean, I'm probably not completely amazing or absolutely fucking terrible, because if I was then I'd think it'd probably be obvious, but that still leaves the fat middle area between the two

Years
My gross motor skills are generally really good - even in my crippled state I'm quite coordinated. My fine motor skills have always been ass. That being said, I can tie a tie as I learned for dancing.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I have pretty good fine motor skills, but I admit my gross motor skills aren't the best hehehe.

As in. Yeah.

Years
I have pretty good fine motor skills, but I admit my gross motor skills aren't the best hehehe.

As in. Yeah.

Like picking your nose? Watch out because you can easily rupture a blood vessel if you bungle it, and then bleed all over your eyebrows because that is possible, apparently.

Or so I hear.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
my motor skills are..whew boy. they're really bad. my mom and my old social worker suspected it was bc i was born prematurely and other factors.

can't tie a tie for shit, but i can at least tie my shoes. i do have some difficulty buttoning shirts or putting on necklaces, stuff like that. i usually get someone to help me with it though.

Years
I have difficulties with most fine motor skills but I have a particular hatred for buttons.

When I have to deal with fiddly buttons on shirts and blouses I usually get my partner to take care of it or I'd still be trying to fasten them when it gets dark :(

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I learned late last year on two separate occasions I can't tie a tie. I was even one of those who thought I could simply go online and follow a tutorial, but after being stubborn for an hour I gave up and asked for help.

Back