• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Balancing the entire Pokemon roster so far.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 23, 2020
I've played Pokemon Showdown for a while and have thought: what if many pokemon in the series had a better shot at being good enough to beat some of the most powerful pokemon in the series? (Like Blaziken, Salamence, Marshadow etc.)

Well this is the thread to try to balance every pokemon in the series with the help of the forum members, I believe this will basically mean increasing the base stats of weaker pokemon, and nerfing some of the most powerful ones while still maintaining most of the power balance.

Since there are 807 pokemon at US/UM and + 87 from S/S?,
I think it's best to start with balancing the starters of every region first.

One way to do this I think is to put the data in a RTF file and upload it here at this forum and just keep downloading and editing the file until all pokemon in the series are seen and attempted to be balanced.

Please include the index number.

I know a ground rule would have to be set for a stat like speed so the stat is wildly changed, but that's what this thread is for because I haven't been able to think of anything.

The particular pokemon that need attention IMO are the Normal and Normal/Flying type pokemon, and the starters of every region.

This thread is perfect for players who feel certain pokemon should have more limelight or just a little more of a certain stat.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Hello!
I've moved your thread over to Competitive Pokémon because the goal is to balance Pokémon and therefore more suiting here.

Back