• 80.00%
  • 20.00%
Age 24
Male
Seen February 25th, 2019
Posted November 22nd, 2015
666 posts
11.3 Years
hey i just patched the pre-beta 1 and just so u know it doesn't go past the new game, then the screen that explains the buttons. it's just a black screen and the music keeps playing =/. here's a tip:you should test your patches. seriously, i've only released one demo-thing but after you make your patch test yourself b4 releasing it. it helps so you dont have ppl complaining later about it...
Age 24
Chicago, IL
Seen February 29th, 2016
Posted February 5th, 2014
857 posts
11.3 Years
How's this?

It uses the same pallette as Garys trainer sprites.
Thats Great!
I'd love to use that backsprite(and if you can make more like that would be great!)
I'll put a credits section and add you into it if you like.

i think it would be better if you play Gary in Yellow Version.. Meeting ash with Pikachu on his Back..
Just a suggestion..^^

Maybe later on when the game is more developed, I"ll add Pikachu to Ash's sprites, on his back, like you said, but I have more important things to work on at the moment, I'll use this suggestion in the future.

hey i just patched the pre-beta 1 and just so u know it doesn't go past the new game, then the screen that explains the buttons. it's just a black screen and the music keeps playing =/. here's a tip:you should test your patches. seriously, i've only released one demo-thing but after you make your patch test yourself b4 releasing it. it helps so you dont have ppl complaining later about it...
If you read the thread, you'd know that Pre-beta 1 is a bug-catching stage, the game isn't actually "released yet".
And I do test my patches, but that doesn't mean I'll experience the same bugs as you do...
Age 24
Male
Seen February 25th, 2019
Posted November 22nd, 2015
666 posts
11.3 Years
Thats Great!
If you read the thread, you'd know that Pre-beta 1 is a bug-catching stage, the game isn't actually "released yet".
And I do test my patches, but that doesn't mean I'll experience the same bugs as you do...
oh ok. no what i meant was i couldn't even start a game.. i went on new game and it said how the controls work and it went black..
and i did read the thread btw

Chrispy

The one that didnt get picked

Age 25
Indiana
Seen September 22nd, 2008
Posted July 26th, 2008
24 posts
11.3 Years

can you insert it? if not, I'll insert it for you..^^
I can insert it, but I'm having problems trying to get the pallette working. I made him use Garys trainer pallette instead of Reds pallette.
Think you could fix that?
Pokaymanz!?
Age 24
Chicago, IL
Seen February 29th, 2016
857 posts
11.3 Years
Have u thought of anything if u choose to play as the girl? :\

Well, I'm thinking of in the future, putting a vote as to who the girl shall be, if not, it will either stay the same, be a whole new design, or be may.

-Update-
Pre-beta 1.1 released, just a bugfix though.
Also, I changed the title screen to firered's. I didn't like it that much...

i think it would be better if you play Gary in Yellow Version.. Meeting ash with Pikachu on his Back..
Just a suggestion..^^

I think I can make ash like this:
Is that what you mean't, having pikachu on ash's back?
I could make more, but then Ash would have Pikachu before he gets a a pokemon...

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes

Somewhere
Seen August 23rd, 2018
Posted July 17th, 2017
954 posts
12.3 Years
Well, I'm thinking of in the future, putting a vote as to who the girl shall be, if not, it will either stay the same, be a whole new design, or be may.

-Update-
Pre-beta 1.1 released, just a bugfix though.
Also, I changed the title screen to firered's. I didn't like it that much...

I think I can make ash like this:
Is that what you mean't, having pikachu on ash's back?
I could make more, but then Ash would have Pikachu before he gets a a pokemon...
you can't do it liek that, the ow is 16x32, use a FR OW resizer, and make 0 to 32x32 so you canput them both in the same frame :).

ask cooley, or someone to fix it, so the script will make pikachu appear.
Age 24
Chicago, IL
Seen February 29th, 2016
857 posts
11.3 Years
you can't do it liek that, the ow is 16x32, use a FR OW resizer, and make 0 to 32x32 so you canput them both in the same frame :).

I'm not actually gonna USE that exact sprite, I have a resized set, but I won't use em since I only have 2 frames :(.
Age 24
Chicago, IL
Seen February 29th, 2016
857 posts
11.3 Years
i'm still having that problem with the patch so idk. i just patched the fixed 1.1 one and the screen still went black after new game >> explaining controls so idk what's wrong... =/
Its probably your rom... your the only one I get this problem from. TRy using a different Pokemon Firered (U) rom.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple

Age 24
Male
United States
Seen December 5th, 2014
Posted December 2nd, 2014
1,149 posts
12.7 Years

Ask cooley?
You think I can do anything, don't you? Well, no, the idea is stupid, because there is no way that can happen. It would involve ASM, and it's easy coming up with ASM routines, but it's hard to actually edit the game's code. For this, you would need to do that.

Just because I help with scripts, doesn't mean I know everything. So don't do that, again.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes

Somewhere
Seen August 23rd, 2018
Posted July 17th, 2017
954 posts
12.3 Years
Ask cooley?
You think I can do anything, don't you? Well, no, the idea is stupid, because there is no way that can happen. It would involve ASM, and it's easy coming up with ASM routines, but it's hard to actually edit the game's code. For this, you would need to do that.

Just because I help with scripts, doesn't mean I know everything. So don't do that, again.
lololol it was meant to be a joke, cooley :P.
Advertiser Content