• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
2 special moves on Aggron? Seriously?
His crappy special attack won't utilize the possibilities of those 2 awesome moves.

I just went by what always worked for me. I usually give Aggron those two moves in my Emerald playthroughs and it gets the job done.

Perhaps you could suggest some better moves? I'm not trying to sound rude, but obviously you don't approve of the moves I chose, so I'd like to see what you think. I'm not an expert at the game so there is probably choices I overlooked that would work better.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
Well, my Aggron worked well for me and she has a Special move. But then again, she has Metal Sound. I got as far as Drake before I got taken out. But I came close to beating him. I think Glacia did quite a number on me though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
How will i do with this team in Diamond? Ive just had the fight with team galactic on top of mt coronet(?), and I caught Dialga.

This is my team I have now. I dont have this moveset completed yet, but its what I want. Im woundering how I will do later on in the game with this pokemons?

Gengar - Ghost / Poison
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt

Crobat - Poison / Flying
Fly
Bite
Cross Poison
Confuse Ray

Infernape - Fire / Fighting
Fire Punch
Close Combat
Earthquake
Rock Climb

Octillery - Water
Surf
Waterfall
Signal Beam
Hyper Beam

Dialga - Steel / Dragon
Thunder
Ice Beam
Aura Sphere
Earth Power

Bibarel - HM Slave
Cut
Strength
Rock Smash
Defog / Whirlpool

Comet7

Star of the show
Years
JVMyhre your team is fine. The only improvements I can think of would be to replace Bibarel with someone else because those hms will rarely be useful if at all late game (or at least give him strength, you need it for victory road). Octilley could also run fire blast or ice beam/blizzard over hyper beam for Aaron or Cynthia's Garchomp.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2020
Team Help!

So I need help for my team that I have started out with. Right now, I'm at Desert Resort training for the gym in Nimbasa city, and i was wondering if my team is good.
My team is:

Servine- Level 24
Lucario- Level 21
Eevee- Level 19
Growlithe- Level 22
Psyduck- Level 21
Magnemite- Level 20
I also have a level 22 Sigilyph that i want to put in somewhere, and i also want to evolve Eevee.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Not good at all in my personal view. You have a Psyduck, which is weak to Electric. You have no Ground types, which are immune to Electric. Further, based on your team I assume you're playing B2/W2; Elesa in the normal mode is Lv. 28-29ish. You're in trouble going with this team.

My advice: ditch Psyduck, maybe ditch Eevee being unevolved, and get two Ground types. Krokorok is highly recommended.

Years
  • MA
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Honestly if you want, evolve two eevees into espeon and umbreon. I made it through the whole game with my team of eeveelutions. Just go into castelia city and ride your bike back and forth to get their happiness up. Granted it would take a little chunk of your time to do. Getting their happiness up and evolving them would be prime for the rest of the game. Everytime you go I think it's 128 steps you gain +2 happiness. From one side to the other, it is approximately 128 steps. Just keep track of their happiness level. Go get a massage in castelia on the street all the way to the left to instantly give yourself +30 happiness on 1 pokemon. However once you hit 200 happiness on your eevees, the step method will only give you +1 happiness for everytime you complete the 128 step cycle. Get yourself to 220 and bam. You have 2 superpower pokemon very early I the game. Just a suggestion if you're really in need.

chillj

Not active anymore.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2022
Critique my team!

So, I'm playing through Pokemon FireRed again and I've planned the Pokemon I want on my team, but I wanna know what I could change about my team to make it better.

Venusaur
Dragonite
Jolteon (or Pikachu?)
Growlithe
Lapras (or Gyarados?)
Aaaand the sixth slot is open, but Mewtwo'd be useful for some endgame stuff.

Thoughts?

nundo

Quick! Dance like an eggplant!
Years
Venusaur: Look out for the 6th and the 7th gym, they use pokemon which are super effective against grass.

Dragonite: Can go through everything, just look out for the first one of the e4, she uses ice pokemons.

Jolteon: I heard this pokemon is better than pikachu? I can't say a thing about this pokemon because I always used zapdos as my electric pokemon.

Growlithe: Never used this pokemon, can't say a thing.

Lapras: I'm using it on my LG atm , such a beast! You can learn it thunder which is an electric move even if lapras is water. Lorelei also uses a lapras which was god damn hard to defeat when I tried to beat the league for the first time.

Mewtwo?: Yeah, I have to say I also used it for end game, what about a tyranitar?

It's really a long time ago I played these games so I'm not sure if I said something wrong about the pokemon.
My team back in the day:
Blastoise
Zapdos
Machamp
Mewtwo
Dragonite
Gengar

Years
Venu vs Torter vs Serp?

Hi! I actually found my Platinum version and somehow sunk 60 hours that I do not remember into it. I have a couple Pokemon on there as newly hatched (it was like a grab bag, no clue what was in those eggs until they hatched haha) and voila, I have two other grass starters.

The real question is - I know the type differences, the stat differences, and the move set list. They're all roughly the same except for the secondary type when applicable. As a personal question, nostalgia aside, what do you think the better choise would be? I know I left out Sceptile, I don't know anything about that one.

My initial plans for a balanced team were Chandelure, Serperior, Gardevoir, Machamp/Conkeldurr (probably Conk for the Rock moves), Crobat/Pawniard (Will end up being Crobat most likely.), and I guess eventually my next thread will be asking what you think the water type should be.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
Years
If you're not playing competitively then Torterra is probably the best. STAB Wood Hammer and STAB Earthquake make it a beast.

Years
If you're not playing competitively then Torterra is probably the best. STAB Wood Hammer and STAB Earthquake make it a beast.

Thank you for your reply.

No, I don't plan on playing competitively, League of Legends is about my limit. Torterra was interesting to me because of the immunity to electric and I currently don't have a ground-type, but I don't have a Poison type either.

Years
Rate My Team: Rarities

So I decided I'd make a team with some of the Pokemon that I almost never use--not even once for some of them. I'm playing in Generation III at the present moment, and I've been playing a few games--about six or seven--since I've quit about 10 years ago. My game console for Sapphire version is run dry, and I have no way of trading Pokemon to or fro any other game console.

So I started with (of course) the starter, Blaziken. I usually use Swampert, because he is strong and his weaknesses are easy to cover.
With Blaziken I have:
Sky Uppercut
Rock Tomb
Blaze Kick
Bulk Up

The next Pokemon I had gotten was Cradily. Seeing that Steven (the Elite Four "Champion") has Cradily, and that I always had trouble killing it, I wondered if I should try it that others would have troubles killing me?
With Cradily I have:
Sludge Bomb
Ancient Power
Giga Drain
Hidden Power

The next Pokemon that I have is Magneton. I just never tried Magneton before, and my brother always has him in his team; so I wondered what's so good about him.
With Magneton I have:
Thunder
Rain Dance
Thunder Wave
Tri-Attack

The next Pokemon that I have is Kyogre. I never use legendaries in my game, because I don't find them entertaining with their ability to wipe out just about anyone. But in this game, I thought I'd make a weak exception.
With Kyogre I have:
Earthquake
Thunder
Ice Beam
Surf

The next Pokemon that I had gotten was Salamence. I always thought Salamence was cool, but playing in the game he was a hard one to level for me, and he took awhile--all since he could only be caught after the eighth gym badge; so I never bothered with him.
With Salamence I have:
Flamethrower
Fly
Iron Tail
Dragon Claw

The next Pokemon that I have is Metagross. I actually had no idea I couldn't get him till I beat the Elite Four, so I ended up going in with just the five that I had (previously mentioned). Finally I realized I could get him, so I just trained him up.
With Metagross I have:
Psychic
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Meteor Mash

So that's my team. I realized in having this team a few things. One is Kyogre's special ability to Drizzle--as it were. You see, having Drizzle made him have Thunder, consequently, in my mind, because he could never miss! Another thing I realized that when I had Blaziken, I had to do something--just something about his fig-weakness; so when I realized I couldn't get him Thunderpunch, except by a move tutor in Emerald (which I do not have), I decided to give him the next best thing: Rock Tomb. It has helped a lot against those flying-type Pokemon like Swellow, and a huge weakness, Pelipper. It also works well against dragon types (which was good against the Elite Four). I also realized giving Cradily Hidden Power was a good way to add in some support moves, as I call them, and do damage simultaneously. You see (if you know anything about Secret Power), it actually paralysis, confuses, ect. I love it; and for a Pokemon with high defense, that's a blessing. The next thing I realized is with having Magneton: Rain Dance coupled with Thunder is good, right? (rhetorics)--but it also dowses the fire's ability, which Magneton is weak against. I thought that a brilliant 2 bird-1 stone scenario! Another thing is with Salamence. Salemence was originally going to learn Crunch (in my mind, anyway), but when I gave him Iron Tail as a filler, I thought to myself: "this is actually a brilliant idea!" You see: Iron Tail splits Rock-type Pokemon (dragon's/flying's weakness); much better than some silly old Crunch. And lastly is with Metagross. While the rest was immediately positive, I have to say I am sad about Metagross, because I cannot teach him Earthquake as well as with Kyogre. So while the rest of his weakness's are covered, he is severely weak against ground-type Pokemon, and thusly as ineffective as I had hoped.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on my Rarity-Team. Please fill me in with yours. Thank you!

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
Years
I'm in White version at the moment, trying to find the better Lillipup out of 2. I've been soft resetting all day to get an Adamant, and now that I finally have one I'm beginning to think the Jolly Lillipup I have is slightly better =/ They're both lvl 6 so I apologize if it's too early for someone to tell, but I can tell you that both of nearly the same EVs, only Attack as they've been only fighting other Lillipups and Patrats.

They both have Tackle, Leer, and Odor Sleuth. They're purely for ingame, no particular role.

1st Lillipup Lvl 6
Adamant/Sturdy Body
22 Hp
14 atk
12 Def
8 Sp.A
10 Sp.D
11 Spd

2nd Lillipup Lvl 6
Jolly/Somewhat of a Clown
21 hp
13 atk
10 def
7 Sp.A
11 Sp.D
14 Spd

Sorry for being so Min/Max so early in the game ><

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Pokemon Black Team Help

Hello
I am looking for a competitive team for Pokemon Black, which I actually haven't started yet.
So I have a few questions.
1) Should I start building my team right when I start playing or wait until I beat the Elite 4.
2) What Pokemon should I use, and how should I EV train each one
3) What starter Pokemon should I choose.

If you can answer any of these three questions, I'll be happy.
Thank you all

Emburn

<3
Years
My team. NEED HELP

I currently have:

Level 27 Marshtomp
Tackle
Mud Slap
Mud Shot
Water Gun

Level 24 Breloom
Mach Punch
Stun Spore
Headbutt
Mega Drain

Level 23 Swellow
Peck
Focus Energy
Wing Attack
Quick Attack

Level 22 Kirlia
Confusion
Shock Wave
Teleport
Calm Mind

For as I continue, what Pokemon should I add to my team? Also, do any moves need to be added?

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Is my team ready for the Elite Four?

So I've tried the Elite Four 5 times now and i cant seem to get pased Lance without all my pokemon fainting. You're probably like "well if you cant get pased Lance then you probably aren't ready" but this is the 5th time playing the game and my team is the strongest I've ever had at this point so I'm confused. Just wondering if im ready or if i need to train some more. Here is my team:

Zapdos Lv. 51
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Fly
-Drill Peck

Nidoking Lv. 54
-Surf
-Strength
-Thunder
-Megahorn

Charizard Lv. 60
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Claw
-Fly
-Blast Burn

Nidoqueen Lv. 54
-Strength
-Brick Break
-Double Edge
-Surf

Primeape Lv. 50
-Mega Punch
-Cross Chop
-Aerial Ace
-Earthquake

Articuno Lv. 52
-Rock Smash
-Hail
-Fly
-Ice Beam

Not sure if I am ready, although I feel like I am. If I am, can you tell me a good strategy of getting through the Elite Four? If not I guess I'll just have to get back to training. Thanks.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Bless you with your Rock Smash Articuno. I will be praying. Anyway, I'm going to move this to Battle Center, since that's where RMTs go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back