• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I do have a question about the whole weapon thing. Is there any way to transfer the Steak Knife to the green card so that it becomes a Knifekind or should I just get another knife or something?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yes. You do like Candice did and take out the pink card and "reach" for the knife with your thoughts (and with your hand if you like) and it will pop out from the pink card. That card will then become empty and the steak knife will be an ordinary steak knife again. Then you can just let it touch the green card and the Strife Specibus will turn into knifekind, allowing you to store as many different kinds of knives as you'd like in it, because there are many more empty green cards there.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, he can move it. But that uses up some grist. Eventually you won't have much grist left... and Candice will be forced to collect more for you in a very action-RPG-ish way. More about that very soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, things like strange machines in strange places make things interesting ;D

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Well, not exactly who they are, but I think I know what they are…
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'm not going to comment on that. *evil grin*

About title speculation... (title = Role of Aspect. Example from Homestuck: Bard of Rage, Knight of Time, Witch of Life etc.)
(Aspect ~ your kind of power. Role ~ how you are supposed to use your powers)

To drunk:
Spoiler:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@ Red:
Spoiler:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014

@ Otherworld - and I love your sig, but this is Eridan's best quote, I think:
It's hard. Being a kid and growing up. It's hard and nobody understands.

I prefer that one as well, ngl. Actually, now that I think about it, I might make a new sig with that quote. Only reason I chose this quote was the the reason he was in the planet of Wrath and Angels, and how the quote happens to fit it xD

Alright, I'll just leave it. Sorry otherworld, you just got a new bedroom ornament :P

Pfft, it's fine. Candice can handle it...for now. xD

Spoiler:

I'm still trying to practice on my past/present tense thing. I can't seem to shake that bad habit off ._. Although I'll try harder and see if I can stick with one tense without messing up. ^^;

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Red:
Spoiler:
oh dear god. Did you make that? His groin...

Spoiler:
Not necessarily. I'm not doing everything like Hussie does it. This is Checkmate, not Homestuck.

Umm…

I found a pretty cool quiz I think you guys might enjoy…

I got Page of Void C:
Spoiler:
That link comes up as "bandwidth broken" or something for me. Anyways, remember that this thread is for discussing things related to Checkmate. It's not a Homestuck fan thread. Just a little bit! So keep stuff related to the RP somehow :3 So that Retro and Lt. Col. at least have a chance to keep up with the discussion.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years

oh dear god. Did you make that? His groin...

Nope. But I guess that's the beauty of Google images… -_-'

Not necessarily. I'm not doing everything like Hussie does it. This is Checkmate, not Homestuck.
That's good to know, I though those were the only two I actually guessed right… :nervous:

That link comes up as "bandwidth broken" or something for me. Anyways, remember that this thread is for discussing things related to Checkmate. It's not a Homestuck fan thread. Just a little bit! So keep stuff related to the RP somehow :3 So that Retro and Lt. Col. at least have a chance to keep up with the discussion.
That's a shame. ):
And yeah, I'll refrain from posting many more spoilers (if there's even anything left to spoil xD)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
We can still talk a liiiiittle about Homestuck because it's awesome to find other people who like it in a place that you like. Like you guys on PC<3 But only a little. :3

But yeah, all Checkmate stuff will be revealed soon enough ^^ when the game allows it! Oohoho, soon the action will begin!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014

Oh right, I keep forgetting. X[ But I'll keep that on mind.

I tried writing on first person this time, since it helps to maintain the present/past tense thing...not sure if it's worse or better than my usual writing. ^^;

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I love that you wrote in first person! I actually think it can help both with that and with making sure that you only control your main character ;) It also makes sense, seeing as my posts are in 2nd person, talking to "you" who writes in 1st person.

Oh, the quiz worked? Now I just have got to try myself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
And so did Evan! I like it :3 just know that you are still allowed to write in another format if you want to.

Hahaha Vinnie destroying Candice's bathroom... I get an urge to play Tulio Greyson (her father) for a little reaction now.

Otherworld, did you have a plan for where he went? Now when he's not in his room.

Back