• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
Years
100marios said:
Good ol' Teara! Hehe.....
I'm practically the tank compared to my sisters. I do all the action things since I have the most life, strength, and defense. Unfortunately for my older sister, she tried to get a lot of everything and thus, isn't as good as me when it comes to power, and isn't as good as my sister when it comes to magic. I've been in that situation before, so I decided not to do it.

Oh and Becky, don't think about it as killing things, think about it as putting them out of their misery hehe.....
Putting them out of their misery? But some of them are cute, like the little things that pop out of the ground and look a little like raccons. I don't think I'm cut out for this game...I guess I'll stick to games like Pokemon where nothing dies. But the graphics were really good...when things wern't dyeing.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
Years
Teara said:
Putting them out of their misery? But some of them are cute, like the little things that pop out of the ground and look a little like raccons. I don't think I'm cut out for this game...I guess I'll stick to games like Pokemon where nothing dies. But the graphics were really good...when things wern't dyeing.
But they're evil! I can imagine it....

Becky: Aww, they're so cute!
Teara: Becky! They're hurting you! Kill it!
*Teara kills it*
Hehe....

Please don't mind me saying this, but it kinda suprises me how you can like LotR, and not like something like this. I'm kinda confused hehe....

How about......making them faint! Just like in pokemon!

Teara

Years
100marios said:
But they're evil! I can imagine it....

Becky: Aww, they're so cute!
Teara: Becky! They're hurting you! Kill it!
*Teara kills it*
Hehe....

Please don't mind me saying this, but it kinda suprises me how you can like LotR, and not like something like this. I'm kinda confused hehe....

How about......making them faint! Just like in pokemon!
That sounds about right. But I like LotR because they killed evil nasty things, and I'm not the one killing them. And really I'm not sure if that counts since I cried alot in those movies. Maybe if they did something like a spell that just froze them while you leave, instead of killing them. Than I would like the game alot better I'm sure.

100marios

Years
Teara said:
That sounds about right. But I like LotR because they killed evil nasty things, and I'm not the one killing them. And really I'm not sure if that counts since I cried alot in those movies. Maybe if they did something like a spell that just froze them while you leave, instead of killing them. Than I would like the game alot better I'm sure.
Well, somethings in that game can get pretty evil and nasty too! I've bet you've only scratched the surface of the game! I actually cried at the end of all the LotR movies too! (I watched the Return of the King on sunday for the third time and I still cried!) There's nothing really graphic in FF:CC though, so you shouldn't be too shaken up. Even my sisters, the animal lovers, are playing the game and enjoying it. It's just a game anyway! Hehe...

Teara

Years
100marios said:
Well, somethings in that game can get pretty evil and nasty too! I've bet you've only scratched the surface of the game! I actually cried at the end of all the LotR movies too! (I watched the Return of the King on sunday for the third time and I still cried!) There's nothing really graphic in FF:CC though, so you shouldn't be too shaken up. Even my sisters, the animal lovers, are playing the game and enjoying it. It's just a game anyway! Hehe...
I'm not really shaken up, I just don't see anything fun about watching little things curl up and sizzle away after you whack them with a racket. And I've played the LotR game in two player mode with Teara too, I just followed her while she beat the patooties out of everything around. Oh dear, I'm starting to sound really strange.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2004
DragonTrainer said:
I just got mythril armor, it took a while to get the money though

Yet another question by me-On the strategy giude, it says on the maps there are 3 cycles on each level, but I don't kow how to advance in the cycles.How can I got to cycles 2&3 on each level?

what do u mean by cycles??

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Never mind.Well, you see,every 2 years after you get a drop of myrrh(sp?) at a certain spot, the myrrh will grow back, and you can go back to the same level to pick up a drop of myrrh, but only every two years.There are 3 cycles:in the 1st cycle, it is just the regular first time you go there.In the second time you go and get your second myrrh, the monsters get stronger, and the level boss become stronger.Same with the 3rd cycle, except he gets new attacks and things like that.Of course, you can get more than 3 drops at the same spot, just the boss or the monsters don't change any after the 3rd cycle.Hope that made sense ._.

~DragonTrainer

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2004
o ya crab knows thundaga at the third cycle and at every 2 years there a chance the artifacts will change u talking bout those cycles o okay

thing tat annoyed me the most was the ogre kiong the third boss in year 1 he freaks me out and the final boss in the game sounds creepy...

John Denver

Banned
Years
ChaosblaZe master of fire said:
o ya crab knows thundaga at the third cycle and at every 2 years there a chance the artifacts will change u talking bout those cycles o okay

thing tat annoyed me the most was the ogre kiong the third boss in year 1 he freaks me out and the final boss in the game sounds creepy...

I swear I have no idea what you just said...

"Dem there scools dun lern me no good o yes okay"

BOO ya!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
I think he means in each cycle the four sets of artifacts the bosses drop changes, which is true. They also start dropping high-end reagents for making the best equipment. The crab for instance drops something needed for the best Clavat weapon.

100marios

Years
Kairi said:
I think he means in each cycle the four sets of artifacts the bosses drop changes, which is true. They also start dropping high-end reagents for making the best equipment. The crab for instance drops something needed for the best Clavat weapon.
Oh! The ancient potion? I need that thing!
....has anyone gotten to the final boss? I fought him alone with out my sister's help, (hehe) and I did fairly good. The part where he starts shooting at you like crazy is where it got me. I really want to get the legendary weapon (Excalibur) before I beat the game though!
Right now I have the Defender, saintly shield and armor, and a flame bagde.....

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
The Excalibur is inferior to the Dark Weapon, Ragnorok. I have it, it's quite nice. ^_^; Very very difficult to make though. You need the scroll from cycle three Lich at Rebena Te Ra, the Cursed Crook from the Goblin Mage at Goblin Wall, and the Ancient Sword from the crab in the River Belle Path. Took about six or seven years to make. o.x;

100marios

Years
Kairi said:
The Excalibur is inferior to the Dark Weapon, Ragnorok. I have it, it's quite nice. ^_^; Very very difficult to make though. You need the scroll from cycle three Lich at Rebena Te Ra, the Cursed Crook from the Goblin Mage at Goblin Wall, and the Ancient Sword from the crab in the River Belle Path. Took about six or seven years to make. o.x;
Really? That's odd.....what's the use of calling it the legendary weapon if it's not the best?
....you wouldn't happen to have the player's guide would you? Hehe....
Hmm, well since my sister has Excalibur, I'm gonna show her a thing or two and get the Dark weapon....or try at least!
You're a clavat? Which did you choose? I'm the headband kid.

John Denver

Banned
Years
Don't you guys think square enix did a "coulda been better" job with FFCC..I mean they made ff10, couldn't they have made FFCC a lil more better...

that's my opinion, you know it's good when I use words like "more better"

BOO ya!

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Squarenix didn't really make it, their "Game Developers Studio" did. It's no X, but it's a nice diversion nonetheless. And I'm the basic female Clavat. ^_^; Named Rikku! Notice how Selkies are just like the Al Bhed? nomadic race, live in the desert, have their own language...

Years
100marios said:
I just bought it a little while ago; that's why I wasn't here a earlier. I was playing it with my sisters and we were all Clavats. I was the headband boy, my older sister was the white cap girl, and my little sister was the long haired girl. We just started year 2 and I must say....this game is really good!
I'm having a blast playing with my sisters! The games a little confusing at first, (partly because we've never played an FF game before hehe) but it's really fun once you get used to it!

I recommend downloading some of the orginal FF games then ^^

Though the first few are in japanese you can find them translated off the net!

Years
I have a question about this game.. I have read that due to the use of the GBA's there a frame rate drop when too much stuff is going on at the same time. Is this true?
And if so can you really tell that much?

Kairi

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
Please use edit next time so you don't double post. ^_^;
And I've only played with two people, but haven't noticed a framerate drop.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
Years
I'm only playing single player, but the game's still ace. It's not an epic tale like those seen in the numbered FFs, but it's a fantastic addition to the series nonetheless.

I'm also liking the FFIX-ish atmosphere to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back