• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I'm not going to release it. Sorry if it came off like that. I'm just doing my own personal updates. I wouldn't release it without Wesley's permission. Besides, I don't think I could contact him, since he's very busy with real life.
I see. Well... that's good.

Level to Lv. 40. Might drop a few levels when you evolve him.
That ought to be fixed...

Also, small thing, when you are about to dive on victory road, it has the text in the original language. (Portuguese or Spanish?) It's only when you don't have dive on a pokemon, when you do, it's fine.
This also should be fixed... Are you sure you have the final version?

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
I believe so, it is almost all in English. (Except for the mentioned section.)

If not tell me, because some of the things I am about to say might have been fixed.

There are berry trees just before entering Kosaka City and when you enter Kosaka on the very first tile, you can see the trees shift colors to a pink ish color.
When you enter Kosaka City, follow the fence on the bottom and the second tile of the fence, you step on a grass spot.
Keep following the fence and when you hit the second house, it will appear as if you are standing on the house.

I will post pics, if I ever get to be able to. And find out how to copy the VBA screen.

EDIT:

http://imgur.com/a/ojb5T/all

There we go. If I run into more errors, I will update and probably say I updated the album.

Oh, and the trees stay like that, unless you continue into the town, if you go towards the trees, they stay like that.

EDIT #2:

I feel like an idiot. I thought that it was the final version, but it isn't. The way I double checked was by looking at the IPS fixes (What they fixed in the newest version) and noticed that growlithe could now learn Lava Surf, but when trying in my game, Growlithe cannot learn it. Suppose I'll have to start over... (After putting in 30+ hours too!)
I'll edit when I have the newest version.

Alright, I believe I got the right version this time. Also, adding one of the most obvious graphics glitch I've noticed so far to the album.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Whenever i patch This rom to pokemon Ruby it says the file has been patched but when i open the file i patched in vba it is just a white screen. And i have downloaded the pokemon ruby rom form 2 different places

I know exactly what you talk about, and even setting the 128 kb thing didn't work either, but finally I could do it; download the already patched game from here: pokemon-gba.wen.ru and keep in mind to have set the Emulator> save type> in flash 128 kb. Good luck man!

Ok, so Ive managed to get my hands on a working Portuguese version, which I downloaded as a pre-patched GBA, since none of my attempts to patch the file myself were successful, popping up that blank white screen as usual. Any way to find a similar English version, or get the one I have to run as English? So close!

I know exactly what you talk about, and even setting the 128 kb thing didn't work either, but finally could do it, download the already patched game (ENG) from here: pokemon-gba.wen.ru and keep in mind to have set the Emulator> save type> in flash 128 kb. Good luck man!

Also maybe video> render... > and select "open GL".

Last edited:

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Not to sound greedy (Or like a know it all) but couldn't there be a way to make a cosmetic form of ditto's transform. Possibly make it to where whenever engaged in a battle, Zorua checks for the pokemon in last place and it's cosmetic appearance shifts to match? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I actually am wondering if this is possible.)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Snakebyte's is still the latest. I got bit by Animal Crossing so vanished unexplained for a while. I'm still in there. I still intend to get minor fixes out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
Great game! Probably the best rom hack I've ever played. I'm on the second gym in the Lauren region and here's my team so far:

Snorlax lv. 63
Abomasnow lv. 64
Charizard lv. 65
Lucario lv. 66
Swampert lv:66
Electivre lv 70

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
Guys, I need help for stuff. I've joined here with hopes to solve this problem.
I downloaded the Light Platinum hack and got it work. But I can't heal my starter at the lab in Yellow City, and I tried any other way to heal for free, lookt every corner of the small town but found out that I cannot heal my pokemon without sacrificing either the MAX potion or the milk. Did I download the old version? And I don't know what "IPS" is. There were like two different kinds of downloadable files in site, one being normal VBA file and the other is this IPS file. Is that the fix? I need fast solution guys, I will be waiting, help would be much appreciated.

Edit: By googling it, I found out that IPS file is a some sort of patch something file, means that it is the fix. Now I need to know how I could use that file to fix the game? Will I just put it in the same folder as the VBA file?

Years
Guys, I need help for stuff. I've joined here with hopes to solve this problem.
I downloaded the Light Platinum hack and got it work. But I can't heal my starter at the lab in Yellow City, and I tried any other way to heal for free, lookt every corner of the small town but found out that I cannot heal my pokemon without sacrificing either the MAX potion or the milk. Did I download the old version? And I don't know what "IPS" is. There were like two different kinds of downloadable files in site, one being normal VBA file and the other is this IPS file. Is that the fix? I need fast solution guys, I will be waiting, help would be much appreciated.

Edit: By googling it, I found out that IPS file is a some sort of patch something file, means that it is the fix. Now I need to know how I could use that file to fix the game? Will I just put it in the same folder as the VBA file?
You should see a Nurse Joy in Yellow Town who heals your party. She is just before the first route.
No, IPS file is a patchable file which should be patched on a respective ROM.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2019
If I could post URL right now, I would show you what I downloaded in order. (damn the regular stuff)
But in the version which I downloaded had no Nurse Joy in Yellow Town.
Firstly, I downloaded the english version of GBA from his official site. (wesleyfb.blablabla)
I fixed the white screen with the help of the video, got the game working.
Then I downloaded english version of the IPS file. And I don't know what to do with it right now. Could you just guide me throughoutly about how I could patch it? Because I'm pretty sure that I downloaded the old version.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If I could post URL right now, I would show you what I downloaded in order. (damn the regular stuff)
But in the version which I downloaded had no Nurse Joy in Yellow Town.
Firstly, I downloaded the english version of GBA from his official site. (wesleyfb.blablabla)
I fixed the white screen with the help of the video, got the game working.
Then I downloaded english version of the IPS file. And I don't know what to do with it right now. Could you just guide me throughoutly about how I could patch it? Because I'm pretty sure that I downloaded the old version.
Yes, you downloaded the old version.
For patching, refer to the FAQ of ROM hacking section.

Not to sound greedy (Or like a know it all) but couldn't there be a way to make a cosmetic form of ditto's transform. Possibly make it to where whenever engaged in a battle, Zorua checks for the pokemon in last place and it's cosmetic appearance shifts to match? (Tell me if I'm wrong, I actually am wondering if this is possible.)
Yeah... with brutal ASM routine that would first need to add one ability to prevent collision with Ditto's Transform and then rewrite MOVE into ability...
No one will want to do that...

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2014
Yeah, I didn't expect it to actually happen, was just wondering if it was even possible while using the gba platform.

Thanks for answering my question.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
guys, i need some help...im using an emulator on my psp for gba, and im done with the first continent,when i got to the next one after beating the champ, on the second gym, the one thats using flying pokemons, i got stucked...

its so depressing thinking on restarting the game,coz i know that im so far in it...i've also tried using the walk through walls cheat,but it wont work, and thats the reason im wondrin if it works on npc guys too...

please help me...im stuck in the path with arrow signs directing you to ur landing place,and a trainer is blocking it,and theres no way i can get through...and i also dont have any back up files...please help me, im getting deppressed with this... :(((

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
hello guys.. i want to ask about pokedex..
is it true the data from pokedex only from ruby? or the data can be patch to full pokedex? like no 1 is bulbasaur not treecko.. thx b4

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hello guys.. i want to ask about pokedex..
is it true the data from pokedex only from ruby? or the data can be patch to full pokedex? like no 1 is bulbasaur not treecko.. thx b4
I have no idea what you're asking but... if you are asking whether the Ruby Pokedex can be upgraded, then if I remember it can... sometimes... but yeah, you start with Ruby-like Pokedex.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2015
unfortunately, im in the same situation.
i tried using the walk through walls code, but it does not seem to work.
tried putting a space in between 2 and 5 as well like others have suggested, but nothing
Dx
(in regards to catching celibi)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2013
I downloaded the file "Light Platinum (English) Final.ips" from the link in Snakebyte's signature, on page 280 of this thread, but it is not in English. I play it and it appears to be in Portuguese. Is there a link to an English version?

Back