• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
may i ask stupid question atm how far is the game progressed. curius on when i need to stop in game and how far i need to play before i hit dead end.

you'll hit a dead end by ardiger town, when you update to V4.2 I reccomend you either save outside of ardiger town, or indoors at least

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
oh btw if u get 99 pokeballs and go to pokecenter u get 5 pokeballs in second row. those will never dissapear.= unlimited pokeballs
99 pokeballs (run out as you use these)
5 pokeballs (never run out)
1 premier ball
(and so on)

i dunno if the 2nd row unusable till first so gonna look more into this.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
oh btw if u get 99 pokeballs and go to pokecenter u get 5 pokeballs in second row. those will never dissapear.= unlimited pokeballs
99 pokeballs (run out as you use these)
5 pokeballs (never run out)
1 premier ball
(and so on)

i dunno if the 2nd row unusable till first so gonna look more into this.

that is awesome, look into it more please

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
that is awesome, look into it more please

ok i did atm i see it uses the first row first. second row pokeballs probly used after first 99.

ok if u talk to a thug who has quagsire you get recieved bunch number quagsiore and whole game crashes. (probly not programmed yet but game was fun i got to the area u said end)

Last edited:
Years
Hello, Saving Raven, I like this game so far! I found some bugs: sometimes, the map can be accessed, but shows me where I am wrongly (when I'm supposed to be in Road 1, I appear somewhere else on the map). Sometimes, it says that the map has no data or something (basically, I can't open the map) and immediately after that, the game crashes with a message (I forgot what it is).

Looking forward to your full game release!

EDIT: Oh yeah, is the Journal not implemented yet? It causes a game crash when I try to open it.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hello, Saving Raven, I like this game so far! I found some bugs: sometimes, the map can be accessed, but shows me where I am wrongly (when I'm supposed to be in Road 1, I appear somewhere else on the map). Sometimes, it says that the map has no data or something (basically, I can't open the map) and immediately after that, the game crashes with a message (I forgot what it is).

Looking forward to your full game release!

EDIT: Oh yeah, is the Journal not implemented yet? It causes a game crash when I try to open it.

I'm glad you like the game so far, but the map is very outdated, I'm going to have a much better map, but iunno when i'll have time to do that
the journal was also something I was working on, but never got to work, sorry about the problems haha

================
As an update I think I'm gunna stick to the official starters for the starter pokemon, and not use fakemon - that being said I've decided on using:
Snivy, Fennekin, and Totodile
I'll save the fakemon for my other game

Years
Hey there man, the game is pretty great but I am suffering 2 bugs that literally are preventing me from going anywhere.

1) When I try to get the Quagsire from the thief the game shuts down by itself.

2) At Ardriger Town as I go up and try to cross the bridge, I literally can't go through. It's like an invisible wall. Was that intentional?

Anyways good game so far, good luck!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Hey there man, the game is pretty great but I am suffering 2 bugs that literally are preventing me from going anywhere.

1) When I try to get the Quagsire from the thief the game shuts down by itself.

2) At Ardriger Town as I go up and try to cross the bridge, I literally can't go through. It's like an invisible wall. Was that intentional?

Anyways good game so far, good luck!

glad you enjoyed it!
the thief thing was a bug I noticed after I had released the update, and was hoping no one would notice :P but at least you're playing pokemon to its fullest! always talking to everyone!
and the bridge thing was poor eventing on my part, but its not that big a deal, and will be fixed in V4.2!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
i don't know what to do in the subconscious world with madam Wumba. Help please?

well not much yet, I didnt think anyone would try it yet :P
I'll think of something to put in it in the V4.2 update for your valiant efforts!
I keep alluding to this "4.2" update, but i have a lot to work on, like adding a lot of trainers, and areas, and a little surprise that I think you all will enjoy, along with something I thought of last night that is really gunna knock all of your socks off!

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm going to put off the 4.2 update for longer than I would have hoped to make it more awesome
The game is going to be a forced double battle throughout the whole game - every battle is going to be a double battle (except possibly the first battle with your rival, oak, after receiving the pokemon of your choice)
while there really isnt a need to restart your game, you may want to - but personally I'd wait for version 5 where I plan to finally have enough time to implement the Kalos starters and have a not **** eevee

The idea behind having forced double battles is to give the game a unique flare most games do not have, to utilize moves specifically designed for double battles, as well as add some interesting strategy to the game - where you could employ an all out offensive pokemon coupled with a support healing partner, or use the dreaded status effect drawn out style, or maybe a meanlook/arena trap+voltswitch+perish song nightmare

that and I like double battles and was my original idea since it's days as a Pokemon X gba hack...

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2021
This game is one of the good fangames I have played aside Super Pokémon Eeevee. I like the ideas like Outfit changing and the pre-Gym, which makes this game unique (the new double battles for V4.2 and onward sounds interesting).

I found a bug about infinite Pokéballs. When I entered the lab in the first town and wants to leave, the aide still gives 5 Pokéballs and sometimes he will move strangely. This gives infinite Pokéballs.

You want to include the Kalos starters? I'm really excited for this one.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Love how this game turned out! Also the textbox is fancy!
But after seeing this..
sowet_zpsf72a41de.png

<3

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Love how this game turned out! Also the textbox is fancy!
But after seeing this..
sowet_zpsf72a41de.png

<3

hahaha, well she's near a beach, so obviously she would be wet :P
and thanks! I'm thinking of adding a few more, and some variants of this one, but it's my all time fave, I never understood why people solely use black with some transparency, or dark grey with transparency, and thats it - so thanks :3

This game is one of the good fangames I have played aside Super Pokémon Eeevee. I like the ideas like Outfit changing and the pre-Gym, which makes this game unique (the new double battles for V4.2 and onward sounds interesting).

I found a bug about infinite Pokéballs. When I entered the lab in the first town and wants to leave, the aide still gives 5 Pokéballs and sometimes he will move strangely. This gives infinite Pokéballs.

You want to include the Kalos starters? I'm really excited for this one.

you flatter me so, that is my favorite fan-game, to be compared alongside it is just a dream
I'm glad someone else is all for the outfit idea! To entice you there will be about 33 outfits to choose from in V5 (maybe 5.1 lmao) and thats about half of the total amount there will be when the game is completed

I've heard of that glitch, I must have my events all mucked up, I never had a reason to go back there, so I never noticed - oh well, enjoy the infinite pokeballs, and try and catch all that you can!

I also like that you enjoy my pre-gym, but I'm going to change it, at least right now I don't think it works correctly, so I'm gunna tweak it a bit and make it work like it should-which I'm still thinking about

yay for more people liking my double battle idea! I love the idea of it, ever since Colosseum and XD, and even with it comes a great strategy and the ability to make gym leaders tough, without increasing their levels - you can do far much more strategic battling with 2 than you can with just a measly 1 - especially a pokemon with drizzle, and coupled with a thunder wielding beast, or a pokemon with drought and a solar beaming nightmare

and yes, I want to, and WILL add the kalos starters :P along with all pokemon from gen 1-6 eventually

**Edit**
I'm currently re-working all of the sprites, choosing the best looking, and most interesting, and some that are true to the official artwork, etc and I've wondered, should metapod evolve into venomoth, and venonet evolve into butterfree?
the similarities between the suggested evolution path are uncanny, and very interesting, I just wonder what others think
+
should magnemite and beldum have a party evolution?
where they are evolve by having 1 or 2 other pokemon (respectively) of the same species in the same party to evolve - 1 other beldum in the party +leveling up, or 2 other magnemite +leveling up
sounds interesting that I might actually do

Last edited:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
The bug changes seem a bit arbitrary, but giving Magnemites positive/negative and needing one with opposite abillity in the party to evolve would be cool.

Making Positive/Negative do something like, boosts partner steel or electric pokemon type's attack stats/defense stats by 1.xx

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm also thinking about doing it with koffing to evolve into weezing, 2 koffing must be present in party

(I'm going through each and every pokemon and deciding these conclusions as I see them XP)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
I've defeated the first gym, so far, and I'll be playing the rest soon! Lemme give you my commentary on the
game so far.

I liked ...
  • Design of towns and inside areas like the coffee place
  • Choice of music. Very good!
  • Getting additional pokémon from NPCs is very cool! Bonus points for Gen VI pokémon! : )
  • Color scheme of the message boxes and the battle screen
  • Gym design and tileset
  • Sprites. Did you use some from BW for trainer sprites? Anyways, they look good!
  • The setting of the story
  • That old guy saying "Eh Wha" : )

I didn't like ...
  • Text speed! Very slow, even on fast mode. If you like I can show you the trick I used to make text twice as fast
  • Exp gain animation speed. Again, very slow for high exp gains. I assume it will get worse later on, since you'll be gaining more and more exp as you progress.
  • "Sameness" of the Gym and Pre-Gym trainers' parties

And a few bugs/errors I've encountered ...
  • Game crash in Pre-Gym. Source: PokemonField, line 1426. I've looked at the line and that's where the trouble with random walking events near the edge is. If you want, here's a quick fix. Just add this before line 1426:
    Code:
    next if !thistile
  • Pre-Gym door wrong tile: One frame in the animation has a wrong image
  • Can walk on blackness in the first Gym

Overall, I liked it, and I'll be finishing it soon. Looking forward to updates!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I've defeated the first gym, so far, and I'll be playing the rest soon! Lemme give you my commentary on the
game so far.

I liked ...
  • Design of towns and inside areas like the coffee place
  • Choice of music. Very good!
  • Getting additional pokémon from NPCs is very cool! Bonus points for Gen VI pokémon! : )
  • Color scheme of the message boxes and the battle screen
  • Gym design and tileset
  • Sprites. Did you use some from BW for trainer sprites? Anyways, they look good!
  • The setting of the story
  • That old guy saying "Eh Wha" : )

I didn't like ...
  • Text speed! Very slow, even on fast mode. If you like I can show you the trick I used to make text twice as fast
  • Exp gain animation speed. Again, very slow for high exp gains. I assume it will get worse later on, since you'll be gaining more and more exp as you progress.
  • "Sameness" of the Gym and Pre-Gym trainers' parties

And a few bugs/errors I've encountered ...
  • Game crash in Pre-Gym. Source: PokemonField, line 1426. I've looked at the line and that's where the trouble with random walking events near the edge is. If you want, here's a quick fix. Just add this before line 1426:
    Code:
    next if !thistile
  • Pre-Gym door wrong tile: One frame in the animation has a wrong image
  • Can walk on blackness in the first Gym

Overall, I liked it, and I'll be finishing it soon. Looking forward to updates!

oohh sounds like fun! how was the gym? it seemed pretty decent to me, but feedback would be appreciated! but its good to know you liked the design (even though I reused trainers in the gyms lmao)

in the 4.2 update, its a big game changer, if you're seriously against battling gym leaders, you can go out of your way to not battle any of them, and as a result I'll be moving the rival event a little further away, and add more to the dialogue, along with a lot of other little extras - expect it by the end of the month (hopefully)

thanks you for your kind words, I put a lot of effort into the graphics, but some things may slip past me XP

as for your dislikes, I never had much problem with the text, as it is default essentials and fairly average, but if you have the fix for it, as well as exp I'm all ears - if not then well, its what it is I suppose

I'll get right on the bugs, thanks for reporting, and a fix as well :P I've found a couple bugs that slipped past me, but hopefully they're all sorted out

the pre-gym was just a test, but it seems to be pretty well received, so I'll be working a little more on it, as well as the rest of the trainers in the game :P

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 23, 2024
I think I hit a dead end in Ardiger Town, amiright? Though I still have to go back and check what's in
that forest where I needed the Axe.

First gym was tough, it took me half an hour to beat down that damn Tauros : ) but I like it that way.
It feels more satisfying when you finally beat it.

As for the second gym, I assume you've made it in a rush because it's not as elaborate as the
first gym. It's just an uninteresting square, but I guess you are working on it for the next update, yes?
Also, it was unexpectedly easy, compared to the first gym. Maybe, since I immediately went to
Road 4 and saw those high-leveled wild pokemon (which is, btw, both awesome and scary), I thought
that the gym leader will have pokemon with similar levels (20ish), so I trained like crazy.
Have you thought about increasing the difficulty of the second gym?

Overall, I liked the town and the general color-coding of the houses (different P.C. roof colors in
each town). There was some funny stuff too, like that girl on the beach : )

There was one bug I encountered; If I talk directly to the policeman on Road 4, he talks
in an infinite loop. I had to restart the game. If I hadn't saved a moment before, that restart
would've been very unpleasant! But I suppose all of that will be fixed in the next update.

Anyways, nice work. I'll be following the progress!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I think I hit a dead end in Ardiger Town, amiright? Though I still have to go back and check what's in
that forest where I needed the Axe.

First gym was tough, it took me half an hour to beat down that damn Tauros : ) but I like it that way.
It feels more satisfying when you finally beat it.

As for the second gym, I assume you've made it in a rush because it's not as elaborate as the
first gym. It's just an uninteresting square, but I guess you are working on it for the next update, yes?
Also, it was unexpectedly easy, compared to the first gym. Maybe, since I immediately went to
Road 4 and saw those high-leveled wild pokemon (which is, btw, both awesome and scary), I thought
that the gym leader will have pokemon with similar levels (20ish), so I trained like crazy.
Have you thought about increasing the difficulty of the second gym?

Overall, I liked the town and the general color-coding of the houses (different P.C. roof colors in
each town). There was some funny stuff too, like that girl on the beach : )

There was one bug I encountered; If I talk directly to the policeman on Road 4, he talks
in an infinite loop. I had to restart the game. If I hadn't saved a moment before, that restart
would've been very unpleasant! But I suppose all of that will be fixed in the next update.

Anyways, nice work. I'll be following the progress!

4.2 will knock your socks off, and I'll postpone it for as long as I need to in order to make sure that statement is true!
(thats not very good is it...)

I'm going to introduce Double battles, and dozens of new trainers to battle! some cool things in that forest you're exploring, and so much more

yes! I liked the idea of color coding each town, and its a throw back to Gen 1, where each town had a different color (at least if you played on PkMn Stadium and on yellow x3)

Thank you for alerting me to this error! I have rectified this (quite cleverly I might add ;))

Since it will happen soon, but will be long ways away from V5, I encourage you's, as always to start new games - I hate to think all your hard work has gone to waste, but when I play fan games, I always enjoy playing it from the ground up with each new installment

But I only say this because in V5 (maybe and hopoefully in V4.2) there will be changes to the pokemon you obtain, at least as far as eevee is concerned, as it is a pitiful excuse for an addition to your team ._.

hopefully I can get my **** together for this game already >.<

Also! I have (pretty much) finished my wiki! :D I put a lot of effort into it, and I will update it as needed in the future, so check it out :3
~Link~

Back