• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Thanks (:
If you play D/P (it's different on Platinum) try chaining just north of Jubilife City. It has a 11% encounter rate, but a nice large area of tall grass.

As of now, I don't have specific plans as to what I want to hunt for. Perhaps a swarm 'mon or just whatever I encounter in a large patch of tall grass. Even if I get a shiny that I don't want, it still is a shiny.

Last edited:
Years
Hey everyone!

Sorry I vanished. School caught up with me and to be honest life is pretty sucky right now, but we shiny hunters are known for our determination right? So I managed to fit in a measly 5 minutes hunting after not hunting for 5 weeks and it does pay off. I find Alex, a beautifully purple shiny mudkip! I'll put up the video as soon as it's done, he is Sassy natured.

Major major major congratulations to all the shinies I've missed, huge welcomes to members I've been absent for, and good luck to the beginnings of hunting journeys!

EDIT: Here we are, click here for the video! I'm going after Squirtle next :3

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Well, I've basically started my shiny hunting from scratch, and now that most of my shinies are in fifth gen, I've decided to stop transferring them to fifth gen, and keep shinies exclusively in fourth gen. As for what I've accomplished, I have two shiny hoenn starters to show off!

First off is Treecko, which I transferred to fourth gen and evolved into sceptile.
Spoiler:

I found this after ten days of hunting, and boy was I thrilled to find it. Despite how long it took to find, I didn't run across any shiny uncatchable poohyena. : )

Second is a shiny I've already hunted twice before, this is my third shiny Torchic! Though this time I was brave and decided to evolve it despite how lame shiny blaziken is. At the moment it's only a Combusken, but It will evolve eventually. I found this Torchic after 8136 soft resets, and after finding THREE shiny poochyena in one day. Fortunately I found the Torchic the next afternoon. : )
Spoiler:

Now I just gotta get Mudkip, and I'll have all three!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Marill, Spritingyoshi22!

Congrats on the shiny, Eastwood2112!

Congrats on the shiny Ralts, Slenderman!

Congrats on the shiny Mudkip, TSE! I hope things improve for you.

Congrats on the shiny Treecko and Torchic, PekoponTAS! I'm sorry to hear about the three Poochyena.

I'm sorry to hear about the Wurmple, ViIsOP.

This week's random hunt is... Teddiursa!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Alright well I ran into a shiny Shinx as a RE earlier today.
I know it seems unrealistic to catch two in less than 48 hours, so here:
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=5424064
(The met date only is in the future because my game system was going on tomorrow's date.)

I'm glad I caught it today, considering I recently found out that my friend messed with my 'mons and now some of my shinies aren't UT. It's too late to do anything about it, but at least now I have one more that's UT.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I just realized that I completed the july quest! I got a torchic and a treecko! So that actualy marks the "complete two monthly quests" requirement off of the yearly quest for me! (I previously got pidgeot and my second torchic for the pokemon with two feet monthly quest)

I've also gotten Pidgeot for the first gen shiny, torchic/treecko for the third gen shiny, and I've found a shiny charm Zebstrika and Audino. The only things left for me to do are second gen shiny, fourth gen shiny, and one more shiny charm fifth gen shiny!

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
So I picked up a used copy of Pearl today and it had the following Shinies on it. Needless to say, I am not going to count any as my own, but it was still quite an interesting surprise. Quantity in brackets:

(1) Azelf
(1) Bronzong
(1) Cacturne
(1) Chimeco
(1) Chingling
(1) Combusken
(1) Floatzel
(1) Geodude
(1) Glameow
(1) Golbat
(1) Golduck
(1) Graveler
(1) Heatran
(1) Kabuto
(1) Lapras
(1) Latios
(1) Mesprit
(1) Noctowl
(1) Pichu
(1) Raikou
(1) Rayquaza
(1) Roselia
(1) Suicune
(1) Trapinch
(1) Uxie
(1) Vaporeon
(1) Wailord
(2) Celebi
(2) Cresselia
(2) Dialga
(2) Dustox
(2) Giratina
(2) Jirachi
(2) Machoke
(2) Medicham
(2) Mew
(2) Mr Mime
(2) Palkia
(2) Phione
(2) Quagsire
(2) Rapidash
(2) Regice
(2) Regigigas
(2) Regirock
(2) Registeel
(2) Rotom
(2) Shellos
(2) Sneasel
(2) Spiritomb
(2) Sudowodo
(2) Tentacool
(3) Darkrai
(3) Shaymin
(4) Deoxys
(5) Manaphy
(7) Arceus

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
So I picked up a used copy of Pearl today and it had the following Shinies on it. Needless to say, I am not going to count any as my own, but it was still quite an interesting surprise. Quantity in brackets:

(1) Azelf
(1) Bronzong
(1) Cacturne
(1) Chimeco
(1) Chingling
(1) Combusken
(1) Floatzel
(1) Geodude
(1) Glameow
(1) Golbat
(1) Golduck
(1) Graveler
(1) Heatran
(1) Kabuto
(1) Lapras
(1) Latios
(1) Mesprit
(1) Noctowl
(1) Pichu
(1) Raikou
(1) Rayquaza
(1) Roselia
(1) Suicune
(1) Trapinch
(1) Uxie
(1) Vaporeon
(1) Wailord
(2) Celebi
(2) Cresselia
(2) Dialga
(2) Dustox
(2) Giratina
(2) Jirachi
(2) Machoke
(2) Medicham
(2) Mew
(2) Mr Mime
(2) Palkia
(2) Phione
(2) Quagsire
(2) Rapidash
(2) Regice
(2) Regigigas
(2) Regirock
(2) Registeel
(2) Rotom
(2) Shellos
(2) Sneasel
(2) Spiritomb
(2) Sudowodo
(2) Tentacool
(3) Darkrai
(3) Shaymin
(4) Deoxys
(5) Manaphy

(7) Arceus

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, be glad you aren't counting those as yours.
The ones I bolded have a reeeeeally high chance of being hacked, and the Bold, italicized underlined ones are no doubt in my mind hacked from here to timbuktu and back. Arceus, Celebi, Mew and Jirachi are impossible to get legitimately shiny (Unless the mew is japanese and from Hoenn, then there's the slightest sliver, but considering Emerald's near impossibility to SR shinies, I wouldn't get my hopes up.) And since those are hacked, I doubt the rest are very legit. And some slip past pokecheck. I admittedly tested it with a Litwick. But considering The ones I know for a FACT are hacked, I think it'd be safe to assume they all are.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, be glad you aren't counting those as yours.
The ones I bolded have a reeeeeally high chance of being hacked, and the Bold, italicized underlined ones are no doubt in my mind hacked from here to timbuktu and back. Arceus, Celebi, Mew and Jirachi are impossible to get legitimately shiny (Unless the mew is japanese and from Hoenn, then there's the slightest sliver, but considering Emerald's near impossibility to SR shinies, I wouldn't get my hopes up.) And since those are hacked, I doubt the rest are very legit. And some slip past pokecheck. I admittedly tested it with a Litwick. But considering The ones I know for a FACT are hacked, I think it'd be safe to assume they all are.

Haha I am assuming that only 2 are (sort of) legitimately shiny, and the others are all hacked (though they might not ALL be). Given the cartridge has 500 Masterballs, 95 of each TM etc I really don't think there is much doubt. Given almost all have the same Trainer ID as the cartridge, which only has 95 hours played on it, makes it harder again to believe. Didn't even have the PokeRadar lol, so chaining can't explain any of them.

See if you can figure out which 2 I reckon are real and why :)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Jirachi can only be obtained via gamecube; mew with emerald (japanese); deoxys in birth island; manaphy if it's from ranger and avoid the shiny check it has; the others can't be shiny (arceus event was never released, celebi can only be caught shiny on cristal I think and there's no way to migrate pokemon from II to III generation).

got another clefairy, this time male, the last one was female.
here the pic:

View attachment 69033

congrats on all new catches and completed challenges

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Congratulations on all the caught shinies everyone!

@Lunafloon Welcome back! What pokemon are you hunting for at the moment?

After roughly 140 hours of RE's on HG, I have found a shiny Wingull. I was camping the Viridian Forest but decided to go to Vermillion City for the Wingull swarm. 45 minutes later and Wingull appears. No clue how many RE's it took but if I had to guess it would be 14k+, maybe close to 15k. The IVs aren't that great and it has a Bold nature. (-Atk, +Def)

I have a feeling this game is going to get generous. Anyone know a good place to hunt on HG?

*Still working on 30 posts... or there would be pictures.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Caught a shiny Darkrai after 257 SR's!

Actually I found it months ago, but I kept forgetting to post it, sorry!

Also today I got an shiny Squirtle after 12 (yes, 12) eggs. And no I did not use AR, but I did use the Masuda method using an
Japanese Ditto I got from the GTS and an UK Blastoise I got from Heartgold.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
Years
I'm going to guess Geodude and Golbat because they seem to be fairly common as shinies, or as common as shinies can get anyways. Am I right?

Also, hello guys! I'm back from a 3 month hiatus from shiny hunting :3

Nope. Not saying they aren't but no reason to believe those two are legitimate. Between your shiny card and the clue of 'sort of' you should be able to get it next try :)

Years
*Just making a super fast point*

The Mew point that was made~
Mew is actually really easy (as far as near-impossibilities go) to SR for on Emerald. Provided you can get to the island, all you need to to SR for Mew is talk to it, if it isn't shiny go out of the area it is in, back in and talk to in again and repeat until it's shiny. You don't even need to reset. Because of the Emerald RNG people are scared of doing this but leaving the area allows to RNG to work ask normal, so this is hopefully how I will one day get a shiny Mew myself^^

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
The August Monthly Quest!!

The winner of the poll for August's Monthly Quest was Chr. Draco's suggestion: find a shiny of any one type, and then find a shiny whose type is supereffective against that type!

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on September 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

---------------

Congrats to PekoponTAS on completing the July Quest!

Congrats on all those shinies!

I only have ever come across one shiny, and that was a shiny Medicham! Caught it in Victory Road in Diamond.

Welcome to the SHC!

Also, hello guys! I'm back from a 3 month hiatus from shiny hunting :3

Welcome back!

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
So I haven't been here in forever. Again. Hello~

I've been hunting Dialga off and on since November of last year as I've said in the few times I've remembered to post here and I just recently found out that GameStop is going to be giving out shiny Dialga.

ttac_goofy.jpg

I guess I'm not a very big fan of the recent influx of shiny distributions since I believe they sort of taint the rarity of shinies and the exhilaration you feel upon coming across one but hey, I'll get over it. Should I even continue hunting Dialga, though? I believe I'm well past 16,000 SRs.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
GameStop will also be giving out shiny Palkia and Giratina.

Congrats on the shiny Shinx, Slenderman!

Congrats on the shiny Clefairy, Chr. Draco!

Congrats on the shiny Wingull, Eastwood2112!

Congrats on the shiny Darkrai and Squirtle, Leafblade77! Welcome back!

Welcome to the club, victreeplume!

This week's random hunt is... Dratini! Sorry for being so late. The hunt will last until next Wednesday, and a new hunt will still be posted on Sunday, giving everyone two for a few days.

Years
Hi there everyone! I'm new to the forum and thought this would be fun to join! I had an experience in crystal where I found a shiny ursaring in Mt. Silver... Nifty enough my scyther was taking point, false swiped it to 1 health, I went to throw a ball and then...

"The Pokemon Box is full! Can't use that item!"

I hated Bill ever since that.

HOWEVER! It hasn't all been for naught, since I was looking for TMs, and I was led to that cave with Cobalion, and I found a shiny Boldore! Threw a Quick Ball immediately and caught it (62.8% chance with Quick Ball).

There was a long period of SRing for a shiny cyndaquil at the beginning of SS, still want one, but decided to try my luck at breeding one later.

Back