• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Thanks for that last post Poccil, I was wondering how to do that. By the way, 300th post =]

Edit: Hey Poccil, is there a way I can make the grass animation happen on grass with terrain tag 2 without being in an encounter zone? Also, would it be safe for me to mess around with the Pokedex script so that there are no message windows, but the text is displayed over a picture?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
For your first question, that's already possible. Just try it and see.

For your second question, I don't know exactly what you mean and what you're trying to accomplish, so I can't really help you on that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2007
Yeah, I saw that thanks. What I mean is, you know how in the Pokedex now, you've got the text in message boxes. What I want is to get rid of those boxes and put my own picture behind the text, could you please write me a script for that?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
If I understand what you mean, that can be done with just a few lines of code. Go to the script section PokemonPokedex and add the following after line 262:

Code:
 @sprites["background"]=Plane.new(@viewport)
 @sprites["background"].bitmap=BitmapCache.load_bitmap("Graphics/Pictures/pokeselbg.png")
 @sprites["pokedex"].windowskin=nil
 @sprites["icon"].windowskin=nil
 @sprites["infowindow"].windowskin=nil

That removes the window frames and replaces it with a 480x320 background of your choice. In this example, the file "Graphics/Pictures/pokeselbg.png" is given, but it can be practically anything. I hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Thanks poccil! Hey I found something funny, the thing is...

In the game, you cant use:
- Screen tone
- Fade Out/In

But you can use:
- Flash screen

I understand why Screen Tone doesnt work, as it is in conflict with the Time System, but it's too bad the Fade Out/In doesnt work, cuz I have moments where I want the screen to darken for a few moments (so I can change sprites, remove sprities, etc) and then go back to normal color.

I'm gonna use pictures for that now, but I thought you'd like to know about this.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2009
Why Can i in a new map and a new grass Field in the new map when i Step pokemons call and the Grass animation call???

here a screenshot: img341.imageshack.us/img341/8729/21410246ak5.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
You want to get Pokémon encounters? Go to PBS map (inside the project) and open encounters.txt.

Then, either edit the ID of the map to the ID of the map you want, or add

Spoiler:

at the bottom, and edit the names of the desired Pokémon. Just make sure the amount of Pokémon for each category (land/water/etc) is the same. Dont delete names, just edit them.

As for the ID, at the top of the spoiler-tag, change it to the ID of your map. (Map Properties -> At top of the border you can find ID number)\

Hope that helps...

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Poccil I just noticed when you are in the smaller 240x16, anything above the bottom layer kind shakes, i circled the spots on this screen you might need to paste it in paint and zoom in to see them

tileissueko9.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Poccil I just noticed when you are in the smaller 240x16, anything above the bottom layer kind shakes, i circled the spots on this screen you might need to paste it in paint and zoom in to see them

tileissueko9.png
Yeah I noticed that too...

One last question (I promise! xD), how do I turn off the weather again? I started a storm with
$game_screen.weather(2,9.0,20)
but I dont know how to turn it off... O_o

I figured it would be $game_screen.weather(0,9.0,20) but then my game freezes.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
That's an artifact of the redefined Tilemap class. Unfortunately, that problem is unavoidable.

To return to normal weather, use:

Code:
 $game_screen.weather(0,0,20)

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
oh, man that sucks really bad, its so un eye appealing. =[, you couldnt switch back to one of the older tilemap classes?

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
In any case, I've been trying to improve my Tilemap class to remove this tile problem, and I've made some progress in doing so. Though I'm not sure whether the following alone will work, since the progress involves other places in the code, it may help to add these methods to my Tilemap class (in the script section WindowAndTilemap):

Code:
def ox=(val)
   val=(val*$ResizeFactor).floor
   val=(val/$ResizeFactor).floor
   @ox=val.floor
end
def oy=(val)
   val=(val*$ResizeFactor).floor
   val=(val/$ResizeFactor).floor
   @oy=val.floor
end

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
Years
Poccil I have this BIG prob. I get this strange error:

RPGCache:49:in `load_bitmap'
RPGCache:96:in `tileset'
Spriteset_Map:24:in`_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:41:in `initialize'
Scene_Map:21:in `new'
Scene_Map:21:in `createSpritesets'
Scene_Map:20:in `each'
Scene_Map:20:in `createSpritesets'
Scene_Map:57:in `main'
Main:41

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2008
Poccil I have this BIG prob. I get this strange error:

RPGCache:49:in `load_bitmap'
RPGCache:96:in `tileset'
Spriteset_Map:24:in`_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:41:in `initialize'
Scene_Map:21:in `new'
Scene_Map:21:in `createSpritesets'
Scene_Map:20:in `each'
Scene_Map:20:in `createSpritesets'
Scene_Map:57:in `main'
Main:41

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt
Well, that could be anything. What changes did you make on the project? I'm afraid no one can help you with this error log, because you get that message anytime you remove/edit something unproperly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back