• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Opal (Australia Based Game)

Years
This game is based on Australia and will contain fakemon as well as some classics. I have been working closely with UltimateDillon (So please check out Apex Version) and as such there will be some links (mostly in the form of characters) between games.

I have decided to call the game Pokemon Opal since Australia has some famous Opal mines and I'm confirming that I'm calling the region the Australis region. I have compiled a regional dex of 316 pokemon some fake and others real and will create a tumblr page for the dex when it is complete. Work on art and planning has begun but I'm still looking for contributors who can help.

I'll probably do this with RXMP but open to good alternatives that are still easy to use.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I'll be releasing a demo game (not an alpha) soon in which you can play through the first gym with a pre-programmed team of three pokemon. This team will be Ghasp, Firin and Keckleon.

Australis Regional Dex
Spoiler:

Concept Art
Spoiler:

Gyms
Spoiler:

Elite 4
1. Rock- Damian
2. Ice - Marine
3. Fighting - Maylene (She was my favourite Sinnoh leader)
4. Electric - Carter
Champ. Steel - Ella (Kind of like how Blue was the champ in R/B/FR/LG)

Rivals and Villains
1. Ragoe (Weaker) - Ella's twin brother. A Dragon Trainer. Originally from Hoen. Starts with Trapinch. An fun loving optimist.
2. Ella (Stronger) - Steel. Originally from Hoen. Starts with Aron. Arrogant.
3. Maurice - A Crimson Army General. Uses the stolen starter that is strong against yours.
4. Selene - A Crimson Army General. Uses the stolen starter weaker than yours.
5. Demenza - Leader of the Crimson Army. Believes in the concept of an autocratic military rule. "The Strong survive and the weak must be destroyed" kind of view.
6. Zayne - A native to Hoenn and a close family friend of Ella and Ragoe's. He has competed in many leagues and is the creator of The Australis Battle Frontier. He will appear multiple times throughout the story.

Battle Frontier
The battle frontier will be making a return in this game. The catch is that in order to battle a Frontier brain and earn their symbol in the frontier you will have to defeat them somewhere else first (they will then appear at the appropriate time). This Frontier will consist of locations both new and old.

Region Description
Like Aus I'd like the middle to be a large desert with the west being primarily beaches and flat plains and the east housing a rainforest area, beaches and a mountain or mountains. Battle Island is a small tropical island in the north-east.The Wild Islands are a series of small Islands each with a unique habitat in the north west. Ducklet will have a different evolution on the western side, the east will still be Swanna.

rn5zh.jpg

Lore
Spoiler:

Screen Shots
Spoiler:

Plot
The story begins in Boab town a small, secluded beach side location. Your awoken by your best friend and his sister who let you know that Gary Oak (The regions new professor) is ready to give you your first starter. When you arrive however two Crimson Army Grunts (Maurice and Selene who become generals) are causing trouble for the professor. You grab a ball from his desk (Choose Starter) and battle the female grunt (Selene) to help him. After defeating them they steal the other starters and run away. As a reward Gary gives you a pokedex and ten pBalls and gives you the starter as it is now the only one left. Before leaving you visit your mother who gives you a map of the region. At the exit from the town to Route 001 you, Ragoe and Ella agree to compete to become champion. More on the way.

Post Story

Battle Island: The home of the Battle Frontier and where Zayne is currently living.
You will get a house here after defeating The E4.
You'll be able to catch a Rotom in your TV.
You will be able to purchase new furniture for your house including appliances for changing a rotom's form.

*note: once you have obtained your home you will be returned there after beating the elite four instead of your mothers house.

Rematches: Like in many games you will be able to have rematches at all the regions gyms once you defeat the elite four. Once you have defeated a leader in a rematch they may appear on Battle Island.

National Dex: The national dex is given to you (after you have defeated the elite four the first time)

Wild Island: On Wild Island pokemon from the other regions will appear in the appropriate area. Once the game is complete I will give out a code every now and again that allows you to unlock more pokemon, including legendaries. You can go to the Wild Islands as soon as you have the National Dex.

Interesting Things to Note

Cassowaria is now the evolution of em-fu and is fighting/flying typed. Lots of new concept art is up.

HMs planned: Surf, Stength, Fly, Defog, Rock Climb.

New Moves: Dream Lance (Psychic/Special/140/85/50% Chance of sleep), Vision Spear (Steel/Physical/130/90/80% Chance of Confusion). These moves will be the signiture moves of Chaliseant and Arisuis.
Bane Strike (Dragon/Special/140/80/Poisons the target if it hits). The Signature move of Prilite.

Many pokemon named, more being named. Sprites should hopefully be here shortly but there has been a delay.

I'm trying to get this project back into gear now since it's been on hiatus for quite some time. I am looking for any mappers, game designers, scripters/programmers and artist who would like to contribute to this project as I have lost contact with the majority . I'm also looking for people to let me know on how the dex looks and to give other general opinions.

Special thanks to:

dreamcatcher
Niknaks
Vato
UltimateDillon
kirby9412

Current Team:
Me (gimmepie) (Concept art, story line, ideas, fakemon, management)
UltimateDillon (Support Banner, ideas, crossovers, general help)
kirby9412 (Mapping)
Pokecody (Ideas, Some Concept art)

As always I'm looking for artists and spriters to help me out :)

Last edited:
Years
Glad you approve... progress will probably be slow for me though. If there is anything I can do for you or any advice you have from me let me know :).

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
I really like your idea.
I can be a mapper or maybe help you gather more ideas, that is, if you want to, I'm a novice mapper and I'm looking to work at some sort of project in order to gain some experience, and I'm also quite creative, or at least, that's what my friend say. :)

Years
That would be great since I have no talent for programming or mapping or anything like that yet. I seem to be getting a bit of a developmental group going here. If you wouldn't mind send me a PM telling me exactly what you feel you are able to do and if you wouldn't mind let me know if you know any programmers on here who would be able to help with that side of things. :)

Edit: Please give your opinion on the Dex. As they are properly created I'll replace the animal or object they are based on with the fakemons name.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
You may want to restrict your Dex into a spoiler o: it's rather long and makes it a pain to find the rest of the comments. :P Just add the
Spoiler:

Years
I officially have a support banner (thanks for the help UltimateDillon).

Map of the region is up (credit to Niknaks). More names are on the way.

I'm also going to post some concept art I have for fakemon.

Last edited:

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Hey, lookin' good! I have a couple of things to suggest which are off-topic.
1) Get the thread prefix changed from [Idea] to [RMXP]
2) Put NikNaks's banner in your signature. This is a must.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I have one joke comment, then something real:

STRAYA MATE!

This looks really awesome, I'm an Aussie myself. Maybe put a trainer named Kyle in the game, in my honor? :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I'm a writer, so I'm kind of an artist :P

If you would like anything in the way of writing, feel free to shoot me a PM :D

Years
umm.. idk still only a senior in high school. not good at drawing on a computer sadly. :c good on paper tho. hmm ^^" sorry cant contribute much D:

Years
Well maybe you can do me something actually. Just to sample what you can do can you finish Firin's evolutionary line (there's a picture of Firin in the concept art part)? His evolution's types are Fire/Steel. Just draw it up and PM me the picture :)

Years
Well maybe you can do me something actually. Just to sample what you can do can you finish Firin's evolutionary line (there's a picture of Firin in the concept art part)? His evolution's types are Fire/Steel. Just draw it up and PM me the picture :)

mmm kk. xD would be cool if this was an art homework. lol. but yea ill try drawing it up in my sketch book. So you want me to draw Firin and the evolutions it has? hmm.. what 2 pokemon does it evolve into? and do you have like... a pokedex info data on it? might help if theres info about the pokemon/fakemon/idk

Years
I have Firin, I need Firike and Firazor.

Here's some info for you:
Based on: Echidna (Think Hedgehog but different)
Type: Fire/Steel
Name origins: Firike (Fire + Pike), Firazor (Fire + Razor)
Other info: Good Def and Sp. Atk

Back