• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plot suggestions for Fan games or rom hacks

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
Hey,
so I've played a lot of Pokemon fan games and ROM hacks and enjoyed every single one.
Since there arent any good left to play, I thought about creating my own Pokemon game. (The dream of every Pokemon fan).
Unfortunately I'm really bad at ROM hacking and working with any kind of RPG maker. I tried both several times, but failed miserably.
So my question is, is there any way I can suggest plot elements, features etc. for a pokemon game to a bunch of pokemon fans able to ROM hack? Like a whole team. Since I'm not a native speaker nor any good at ROM hacking, it would be a dream come true ha :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
I made one about smoking marijuana and the effects of it on people in the realm of pokemon, its pretty dope ;)

RoxiesBoy

Poison Live! Poison Love!
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 31, 2022
I'm in the same boat!

I've especially wanted to try my hand at fan game plots since there seems to be an overabundance of fan games / rom hacks that come across as way too dark and edgy.

I'm definitely new to this forum so looks like it's time to go searching for relevant threads.

Years
I ahd some experience if the rpg maker, but i don't like how it looks in battle, but, it's a lot more easy to make, i made a tiny search and i found a lot of budgets to insert in a game to look pretty,but the battle system never will be like the pokemon original. I want to make a game too, if you two get in or the snoop dog ahahahaha sent me a letter, i'm a lot busy, but 1 h per day i get research, i have some cool ideas but i give up easy from projects (I'm not good to edit, but in rpg maker maybe i can finish, in gba hack rom it's impossible)

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
Usually I change my favorite hack every time I play a new one, but currently, my fav hack is Pok?mon Violet (And I'm not German) because its music, graphics and plot and good designed fakemon, of course. And also I love the remixes of Pok?mon Dark Violet (lol, I'm in love of violets)

Tak

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 20, 2017
I made one about smoking marijuana and the effects of it on people in the realm of pokemon, its pretty dope ;)

That sounds amazing.

I'm not sure what I want to do yet, still just learning the basics. I changed some text around and had a fun time making a funnier version of the game's dialogue. Basically samish story, and all loosely based on the canon script, but with a comedic spin.
I also thought a Legend of Zelda/Pokemon crossover hack would be cool, but that's only something I'd do if and when I'm better at coding.
Right now I'm adding later generation Pokemon to ShantyTown's expand-dex version of Pokered, which allows for thousands of Pokemon in Red/Blue. I'd like to get all generations into those games.

Years
I was actually wondering this myself as I've got an over abundance of ideas for fakemon etc. It would be really cool to see some unique plots/ideas out there so I hope you find some way to use them in the future.

I'm having a look at rpgmaker to see if I could try my hand at that but I'm pretty busy doing my art commission at the moment to spare anytime.

Either way I think the idea of coders/rock hackers and plot/idea creators coming together for games would be awesome.

Back