• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community-Built Region RP (All Welcome, Even If Not RPing!)

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Sorry for the delay! School work and such, plus we were having an extensively long tie. I was going to make a tiebreaker, but it finally broke! So our region will officially be called...

The Aztlan Region!

This was a very close vote, but our region has now been named! Thanks to all who voted!

Results
Aztlan - 4
Espivida - 3
Chantixo - 2
Chibolba - 2
Chantilxoc - 0

And now we can finally move back to our starter themes! Since we already discussed that, the poll for that will be going up shortly. Going to leave that poll open for two days, or sooner if we get enough definitive votes.​

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Ayy, my vote won o/ Cleared the poll for ya!

Excited to see what topic will be brought up after the starters. We'll reach a point where polls won't work anymore, I feel, and that's the part I'm looking forward to see the most.

BugTypeAficionado

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
*cough* Okay! After some delay, the results of our poll are in. The overarching theme if our starters will be...

551e071370bbb4de007c013cb4bc264d.jpg

Prehistoric Species!
While it has been theorized that the Grass starters follow this trend, it seems this time all three lines will follow this trend! Thanks to everybody who voted!

Results:
Prehistoric Species - 5
No overarching theme/RPG Class Archetypes - 2
Power, Wisdom, Courage/Creatures From Folklore - 1

Now, lets keep going strong and move on to our Grass Starter. We're going to start by voting on the species our Grass starter is going to based off of. To clarify, prehistoric counterparts of modern day species (Such as the Megatherium to the modern day sloth) are game, as well as regular old dinosaurs and such. Submissions for what our Grass starters could be based off of start now, and will close in about 24 hours.​

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
I like the idea of a Grass-type Caiman, or go the Grass-flying route with a Quetzal. I know the Quetzal doesn't really scream "prehistoric", but maybe we could style it as an Archeopteryx and just keep the bright green (i.e. Leafy) feathers?

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Tossing in the Glyptodon and Arthopleura, essentially a giant millipede.

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
As much as I love Quetzal, we did just have a grass/flying starter in SuMo. For the interest of diversity I think if we include Quetzal it should be as a different type.

My suggestion, personally, is the Ground Sloth. We would scale him down, of course, but he would still probably end up as a rather large Pokemon. Modern day Sloths are often covered in a thin layer of moss due to their sedentary nature, which could be exaggerated in our starter. Typing wise, well it has the word "Ground" right in the name.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
My suggestion for the Grass-type starter is the Gigantopithecus, the largest ape to ever exist.

EDIT: Stegosaurus and Dimetrodon could also do.
@Junier, isn't Chesnaught based on a Glyptodont?

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I second Glyptodon, the giant armadillo. I like that it's the ancestor of the fairy armadillo, which could provide inspiration for typing, but I'm getting ahead of myself ^^'

I'll throw the Megalania out there, it's basically the Komodo Dragon's supersized grandpa. I think a scorpion might also be cool, hence my also nominating Pulmonoscorpius.

@Kung Fu Ferret: Maybe, but if this one was a quadrupedal creature, they would look different enough. A bit like Squirtle and Turtwig both being turtles.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I would love to see a Queztcoatl-inspired starter, even if we just had a flying-grass starter already. Maybe we could compensate by making the second/third evolutions dragon-type?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 14, 2018
I would love to see a Queztcoatl-inspired starter, even if we just had a flying-grass starter already. Maybe we could compensate by making the second/third evolutions dragon-type?

I see Quetzalcoatl more as a possible legendary. Matter of fact, I believe our legendarios should be based on Aztec/Mayan gods (though we haven't voted on that yet), so my suggestion of the quetzal was very much just based on the actual animal.

In terms of prehistoric starters, there aren't a lot of dinosaur fossils in Mexico, but I think the Lambeosaurus could be a cool base for a grass starter, especially due to its Mohawk-like crest.

Last edited:

BugTypeAficionado

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Welp, I read my own post wrong, and now I'm tallying submissions a day late.

Oh well, the poll for our Grass starter's basis is up, and we have many more options than on any previous poll, the current record now being 12! The poll will close in two days time (for sure this time)!

Last edited:

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Wait shit I like a bunch of these

BugTypeAficionado

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Sorry for the delay! Unfortunate power outage. Not fun stuff. Anyways, at least a tie we were having was broken in the mean time! The winner of the basis for our Grass starter is...

Toothless-dragon-pterosaurs-filled-late-Cretaceous-skies.jpg

Quetzalcoatlus!

The option suggested was Quetzal, but I'm pretty sure this was confused for this iconic flying dinosaur. However, a Quetzal is an actual modern day bird, and the Quetzalcoatlus was named after the Quetzalcoatl, so both can serve as ample inspiration! Thanks to all whom voted!

Results:
Quetzalcoatlus - 3
Glyptodon/Ground Sloth/Megalania - 2
Prehistoric Caiman/Gigantopithecus/Pulminoscorpius (Didn't type the proper name for this one, my bad!) - 1

Now we have two matters on her hands. First of all, submissions for our Grass Starter is now open!

I'm leaving the typing up in the air for submitters, although the winning submission will have a vote to confirm the typing given by the winning artist. 3 stages, evolve by level up, the usual! Must be based off the Quetzalcoatlus in at least some shape or form! Their primary typing must be Grass for every stage, but the secondary typing may change as needed (just try to keep it under control, and not have its secondary type be different every time it evolves). If you're aiming for a unique typing, Grass starters have used Grass/Poison, Grass/Ground, Grass/Fighting, Grass/Flying, and Grass/Ghost before.

To submit a design, post a picture in this thread and accompany it with as much or as little information as you wish (all of it will be debated upon with the community, although some things such as specific levels won't matter too much since this is an RP). You may also post a text description only if you are not artistically talented, but I would encourage perhaps talking to other members and seeing if you can work something out together. Submissions for our Grass Starter close on October 24th, a week from now.

And since we won't be using a poll in that spare submitting time, I think now would be a good time to open up submissions for what our Fire starter will be based off of! It must be based off of a prehistoric species, like for all of our starters, and any of the species that didn't win this poll are eligible for being resubmitted here. Of course, you might just wanna save it for the fossils and think up something else. Submissions for what species our Fire Starter will be based off of will close two days from now.

And finally, not too throw too much stuff your guys' way, but I want to ask something that I don't think necessitates a poll. Would you be okay with some activity from my side in polls and submissions? No, I'm not going to try and sway people into choosing my submissions, and I won't vote in the polls because that feels like a bit too much. But I do have a bit of a creative streak, and I wanted to see if it would be okay with you guys if I participated in these things sometimes, even though I run it. No dirty business on my end, though. Promise!​

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm not at all an artist, and someone else can probably come up with something better, but here's my idea.

The first stage is small and more raptor like. It lives largely in the trees and consumes bugs. Primary plants to note are some large buds atop it's head (like the comb on Quetzalcoatlus), some small sprouting plants on it's beak, and a single agave leaf on it's forearm.

Second stage is larger and starting to shift more towards Quetzalcoatlus. The bud comb had begun to sprout into the Gympie Gympie tree (aka the plant with the most painful sting on the planet), and the sprouting beak plants are turning into ivy capped with a distinct three leaf cluster. Several more agave leaves have sprouted, and a discernible flap of skin can be seen from the arms that will eventually connect to the pokemon's legs.

The final stage is very large. It fully looks like a Quetzalcoatlus now, with an very long beak and membrane between the arms and legs. The comb has fully grown, and started to bear some of the Gympie Gympie's fruit. The ivy has grown past it's beak and revealed itself as a cluster of poison ivy. The agave clusters protect where the flight membrane connects to the arms and legs, but don't extend beyond them.

Stage one is pure grass, and the other two pick up a secondary Poison typing.

Now as for fire type, I think we need to represent the mammals here. My suggestion is either the extinct bovine Auroch, or the Thylacine, aka the Tasmanian Tiger.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years

And finally, not too throw too much stuff your guys' way, but I want to ask something that I don't think necessitates a poll. Would you be okay with some activity from my side in polls and submissions? No, I'm not going to try and sway people into choosing my submissions, and I won't vote in the polls because that feels like a bit too much. But I do have a bit of a creative streak, and I wanted to see if it would be okay with you guys if I participated in these things sometimes, even though I run it. No dirty business on my end, though. Promise!​

I would be 100% alright with this!

For the fire type, I'll nominate Nuralagus rex. What is this fearsome "rex"? Well, it's a mega prehistoric bunny, pretty much. I like the idea of following the "trend" of having fire starters based on the Chinese zodiac, this one being the rabbit.

Back