• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roommates

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Have you ever shared a apartment or place with somebody else and got annoyed real quick because of how disrespectful and disregarding or annoying they were? If you haven't a roommate, growing up with unbearable siblings can work as well for this topic.

My opinion now is living by yourself >>>>>>>>>> living with others. I'll take the added responsibility of living by oneself and the extra freedom as well. I cannot stand living with people unless I really like and trust them with jump in front of a bullet level of trust.

Last edited:
Years
I never had the chance to have roommates but I agree, living alone is awesome. I've really come to appreciate things even though I only live in a small place.

Years
I like my space, and even got tired of living with my family always being around, so there was almost a 0% chance of me getting a roommate when I finally moved out on my own. What really sealed the deal was that my sister's friend ended up staying with us for a couple months, and I absolutely hated it, so even if it meant paying all the bills and rent by myself, it would be worth it just to have my own place.

Years
I lived with my brother from August till December last year and it was the worst. He's really a tyrant, and treated us poorly.

I don't mind living my mother and step father too much, but I'd like more privacy sometimes.

Last edited:
Years
Me and my gf were forced to have roommates in our uni's dorms this year. FIrst ones were a guy and a girl. Over the course of few months, they were haven't cleaned the common space once, even after being told to do so several times. They really didn't talk to us, but if they did, they really weren't nice. Top of the cake was when we were preparing to go to school in the morning (7:00 AM) and the girl came to us and started complaining that we are too noisy. Before I could say anything, my gf appeared out of nowhere and started shouting to her about the things I mentioned above (and about them having loud visitors over the night few days ago). The girl was shocked as much as I was (my gf is quiet introvert) and then run back to her room and locked behind her.
After that, we asked for new room and we got it. Our new roommates were pair once again. Immediately after we moved in, we met with the guy and he was friendly to us. We spent rest of the day talking with him and then with his girlfriend when she returned from the school. So we wished each other good night and went to sleep. And then it started. Music! Out of nowhere. And then singing! We asked them if they could be little bit more quiet, they apologized and told us that they didn't realize that it was so loud. And they did for one night. They were true "party people" so they either party at the dorm or went somewhere else - in which case they returned back in a good spirit and continued in their room. It got to the point that my gf bought earplugs. But to give them some credit, they kept the common space clean and were probably the best ones out of our roommates. And the funniest. They were older that us and were in their last year of Master's Degree. But they were so dumb sometimes. Really shows how bad the education system here is. Especially the girl. She didn't get the difference between locked and unlocked door, we had to teach her economics (her subject of Master's Degree), didn't know which food was her in the fridge (even after we split it so me and my gf had upper part and they lower one) and overall weren't the brighest. To wrap this part up, they were fine friends, but really bad roommates.
They left in April and we were alone for few days. There was big exhibition during that time in the city, but we were out of the city. When we returned, we found doors to our cell wide open, our kitchen utensils used and all over the kitchen and thrash bin full. I'm not even talking about our toilet paper that we bought day before we left all used up. Apparently, they put some people to our cell over the weekend. We never met them, but I wish I could just to... you know...
So after complaining at the reception, they tried to contact the people, but got no response. So they had to clean our cell by themselves. They also apologized to us... And THEN DID IT AGAIN! Once again, we left for the weekend (our last weekend before the end of the semester) and we returned once again to destroyed place. At least, our room was okay, because we always lock it.

So yeah, after this experience, we decided to rather spent 2 hours per day in the train next semester that living with someone else.

Years
No, fortunately, since I have yet to live with roommates. The living expenses in NYC are insanely high and most graduates fresh out of college can't afford to live alone, including myself atm. But I'd rather stay with parents than move in with people I don't already know well because of the very many problems I have read about. People bailing on rent, messing up the place, being loud at night, etc etc are all things I don't think I'd be able to tolerate...being stuck in a rent contract and having to deal with these things stresses me out as a thought alone. Would've been a different story if I moved with friends, but mine are either married and living with their husbands or don't make enough to even pay for a single room in an apartment. /:

Years
I lived with a couple of Swedish guys for a few months. Actually a couple of really nice guys and whenever I was in the room they always spoke in English, even to each other, so it never felt like I couldn't be a part of a conversation. We all moved in together at the same time so it wasn't like I was the new roommate coming into this environment anyway. Worst thing was probably that if I wanted to use the bathroom at all before my morning shift I had to get there before one of them as he took showers that were longer than half an hour pretty much every morning.

I've been living on my own for almost 3 years now and I love it. Next summer when I return to England I'll have to live in my mums house for 3 months since there's no point in finding a place to rent for that short a time before I'm off again. I'm dreading it. My mum I have no problem with, but my sister has no idea what peace and quiet means.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i live with my mom and i'd really rather not live with complete strangers. but i should hopefully be living with my boyfriend sometime eventually so.. that'll be fun.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I love with three friends and it's amazing. The trick to any social engagement really is just communication. They tell me when I should pick up the socks I leave everywhere, I ask them to take the trash about a bit more often, it all works out. Living with friends can put some strain on the friendship according to many, but I've really just become better friends with my roommates.

Back