• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Encounter Animation

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2022
Well, well, well the internet so big and yet so small what im looking for is a tutorial how to disable or a rombase with disabled animations and NOT more
and if you want to tell me about the tutorial of chaos rush, i dare you its the most asspulled shit i've ever seen i mean things like " At 0x18080C" you know how helpfull they are? when i copy paste it into the search bar of my hex editor all i get is "could not be found" so they are 0 helpfull or things like "change the byte to 01" WOW THE byte thats as helpfull as some byte in the hole game
so please if an tutorial then one that works and is specific

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
There's nothing wrong with Chaos Rush's tutorial. It just assumes that you know how to use a hex editor, which is perfectly reasonable as other tutorials exist for that purpose.

As a quick tip, when Chaos says "At 0x18080C" that means go to the ROM address 0x18080C. If you're using HxD you can do this by pressing ctrl + G and pasting "18080C" into the box that appears. Similarly, "At 0x06ECC4, change the byte to 01" means go to address 0x06ECC4 and the change the byte at that address to 01. When you get to step 7 you can use the block select function (right click => select block), paste those two addresses into it, and then go edit => fill selection to fill it with 00 bytes.

Back