• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you wanted to love that you couldn't stand?

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Any turn-base RPG games, except Pokemon. I tried, I really did. I think the excess of cutscenes is what throw me off.

Years
  • Age 23
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I cannot stress this enough: LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry, I understand this is a sin to gaming in general, but I just hated this game no matter how many ways I looked at it.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Well, in the past, when I wasn't so happy about being a girly girl, I wished I liked more 'macho' games like CoD more....

I'm not sure if that counts but it might!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Well, in the past, when I wasn't so happy about being a girly girl, I wished I liked more 'macho' games like CoD more....

I'm not sure if that counts but it might!

I don't get your post. You're allowed to not like games/genres/whatever that don't appeal to you personally. It almost seems you wish you were open to not offend fans of those games, rather than a genuine want to play.... I say don't base your interests on if it'll offend or upset others.

The topic more of games you heard about that you WANTED to try and then did, only to find they weren't as good as you hoped. Somehow I don't think that applies for something like CoD to you.

Also, I'd like to add, you shouldn't assume women can't like those types of games either, let alone like them and not lose their femininity or be lesser "girls" because of it. That's what it comes across as.
You over-generalize "girly" a lot, from what I've seen.

Last edited:
Years
Tales of Vesperia is another game I want to like and just couldn't either - it never goes anywhere. The plot is a directionless mess, the cast is awful (except for Rita) and there is FAR too much focus on the worst of them all - Karol - and as far as Tales games go, it's easily the worst one after Abyss.

Yeah er...did you play like an alpha or something 'cause IDK where these points are in the game, not gunna lie.

In terms of games I wanted to like and didn't...hm...

FFX-2 and FFXIII

X-2 is basically Charlie's Angels: The RPG and XIII decides to hold your hand for several hours down a long, winding and mostly linear road. The combat system seems kinda ace until then battles are just you smashing a new formation each turn and the characters...well actually most of the characters are fine but Lightning is just horrific. She should've just moved onto the Vuitton modelling instead tbh.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I just thought of one: And that game is Digimon World One, for the playstation. :P

All my Digimon ended up turning into poop o_o;; I always hated that. Always.... It was just extremely annoying and also gross hahahaha xDDD

So, that counts for sure as a game I wanted to love, but ended up just not tollerating after awhile :P 'Cuz I did grow up with Digimon a bit and I think Digimon is awesome. But I so do not like getting annoying poop inspired digimon. Just cuz I didn't follow certain strict game rules o_o;; srsly wtf xD

Last edited:

KingRazor

Pokemon Master Since 1999
Years
I'm not sure I can recall playing a game that I couldn't stand. Except maybe Mario Party 3.

I was super hyped for Borderlands when it came out. I certainly don't hate it by any means, but I didn't like it nearly as much as I thought I would.

I was a big Paper Mario 64 player and was really hyped for The Thousand Year Door when it came out but I didn't like it at first. I recently replayed it and it's better than I remembered.

Back