• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon XG (First Ever Pokemon XD hack)

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 02.52.43.png
The world's first ever released Pokemon XD:GoD hack!

pokemon XG v1.0.0 is now avilable for download. All updates will be on the project pokemon forums:
Pokemon XG Next Gen Main page

Main Features:
- Physical/Special Split
- Gen VI type matchup chart including fairy type
- New set of shadow pokemon and other obtainable pokemon
- Moves and abilities from later generations
- More challenging opponents
- Bonsly is finally playable!
- Infinite use TMs

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I just want to try this, but idk if i get one emulator for android? :(

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
I've updated the original post with details of v0.9.7 and the new download link. Be sure to check it out :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
how come you changed trainer names?

Hahaha I get asked that a lot. Personally I hated the orre names and I played through XD a lot of times in the process of making this hack. They started to annoy me after a while so I just got rid of them. I understand that not everyone likes that they're different because they've grown attached to the old names but you can never really please everyone I guess.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
how do i catch the bonsly in the ship

You have to walk really slowly. If you're on dolphin emulator and you're using the keyboard then as soon as you tap the keys it moves at max speed. I think you have to go to your controller settings and turn downthe max value on the control stick.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Hey, I haven't played this hack yet, but it looks really good. However when I played XD Gale of Darkness on its own on Dolphin emulator, the game crashed in the cave in Agate Village. Is there any way to keep that from happening?

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
Hey, I haven't played this hack yet, but it looks really good. However when I played XD Gale of Darkness on its own on Dolphin emulator, the game crashed in the cave in Agate Village. Is there any way to keep that from happening?

I haven't heard of that happening before and I don't really see any reason why that would happen. You can try dolphin 5.0 which was recently released. It seems to be really stable.
Alternatively, if you have a wii or wii u lying around you can follow some relatively simple steps to get a gamecube emulator on it (I use nintendon't). Since it runs the actual official gamecube emulator it runs perfectly.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
I just now downloaded Dolphin 5.0. I will download this hack when I am sure that it is not being updated anymore. What all are you doing to update it more StarsMmd?

It's mostly done. I just have to put battle bingo and battle cds back in. There'll be a minor update in a few days which moves a few shadow pokemon around. Nothing important but you can wait for that one if you like. Everything after that will just be added on but won't affect the rest of the game.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
It's mostly done. I just have to put battle bingo and battle cds back in. There'll be a minor update in a few days which moves a few shadow pokemon around. Nothing important but you can wait for that one if you like. Everything after that will just be added on but won't affect the rest of the game.
Will saves be able to be carried over between updates? Will you be able to download the battle bingo and battle cds update whenever that will be released and patch it to the game after saving with the update that will be coming out in a few days? Sorry if this question is hard to understand, but I couldn't think of a good way to word it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
Will saves be able to be carried over between updates? Will you be able to download the battle bingo and battle cds update whenever that will be released and patch it to the game after saving with the update that will be coming out in a few days? Sorry if this question is hard to understand, but I couldn't think of a good way to word it.

That's okay, I get asked a lot so I have a good idea of what you mean.

The save file will transfer over. The battle bingo/cd update is another patch which you apply to a clean ISO but doesn't change anything that affects the save. The save file will still work fine with no problems.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
I have another question. Which pokemon did you give shadow forms to that didn't have them originally?

P.S. Sorry about all the questions, but this will be my first gamecube hack I ever played, and also XD was one of my first two Gamecube games I ever had and played.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
I have another question. Which pokemon did you give shadow forms to that didn't have them originally?

P.S. Sorry about all the questions, but this will be my first gamecube hack I ever played, and also XD was one of my first two Gamecube games I ever had and played.

There are a lot of them. I don't actually have an updated list right now either. There are 100 shadow pokemon in XG and almost all of them are different from the original.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
Years
Hey, StarsMmd. A few more questions. What is the timetable on the minor update? Also, do you think you can post some screenshots of the changes? No rush for the minor update. I am just wondering, because I am looking forward to playing the game. Good luck with the rest of it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
Hey, StarsMmd. A few more questions. What is the timetable on the minor update? Also, do you think you can post some screenshots of the changes? No rush for the minor update. I am just wondering, because I am looking forward to playing the game. Good luck with the rest of it.

Well I don't have any particular schedule. There isn't much left to do tbh but I got hooked on pokemon go XD. Should be soon though! There isn't really much that's worth showing screenshots for. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
What projects do you have planned after this? Also, are all pokemon available in this hack? Is that even possible to make them all available in XD?

Not every pokemon is available. It's possible to have about 150 obtainable pokemon without making any drastic changes. I'm not sure it's possible to represent every evolution line in only 150 slows by I may be mistaken.

I'm working on hack tools for colosseum, xd and battle revolution as well as xd randomisers. Mu colosseum randomiser is already out but could do with some work.

Back