• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokemon XG (First Ever Pokemon XD hack)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
Hey, I've really been enjoying this hack. Basically a dream come true haha. XD was always one of my favorites, and the chance to go back and play it somewhat anew is awesome.

I do seem to be having a problem with the save file. Normally I use save states but have been using the in-game method as a backup (and as I understand, having a valid in-game save file is required to access post-game content). It was working fine for awhile. However, it recently gave me the message:
"Error reading the save file! The Pokemon XG save file is corrupted on the memory card in slot A. Please delete the corrupted Pokemon XG save file from the Memery Card in Slot A using the Nintendo Gamecube Memory Card Screen."

I tried opening the last save and re-saving (which worked), then reloaded the save state but got the same message. I started a new game and overwrote the old save file, then reloaded the save state and still got the same message. I am using Dolphin 5.0. Any suggestions?

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
Hey, I've really been enjoying this hack. Basically a dream come true haha. XD was always one of my favorites, and the chance to go back and play it somewhat anew is awesome.

I do seem to be having a problem with the save file. Normally I use save states but have been using the in-game method as a backup (and as I understand, having a valid in-game save file is required to access post-game content). It was working fine for awhile. However, it recently gave me the message:
"Error reading the save file! The Pokemon XG save file is corrupted on the memory card in slot A. Please delete the corrupted Pokemon XG save file from the Memery Card in Slot A using the Nintendo Gamecube Memory Card Screen."

I tried opening the last save and re-saving (which worked), then reloaded the save state but got the same message. I started a new game and overwrote the old save file, then reloaded the save state and still got the same message. I am using Dolphin 5.0. Any suggestions?

I've only seen this error when you load a savestate previous to a hard save and try to hard save again at a point in the game previous to the initial hard save (if that makes sense, I cant word it too well)

I fixed it somehow but unfortunately I dont exactly remember what I did, I believe I started a newgame and loaded the state but didnt hardsave until after a certain amount of in game time passed but Im not 100%

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
I've only seen this error when you load a savestate previous to a hard save and try to hard save again at a point in the game previous to the initial hard save (if that makes sense, I cant word it too well)

I fixed it somehow but unfortunately I dont exactly remember what I did, I believe I started a newgame and loaded the state but didnt hardsave until after a certain amount of in game time passed but Im not 100%

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. I will try playing it out for awhile and see if it fixes itself. Is there a way to format the Dolphin's memory card manually? And would that affect save states?

sonicfan7895

Just a dude, I guess
Years
Hello, Stars!

I love the hack and it's everything I've ever wanted out of XD! I love the move effects and the new moves you've put into the game; they've saved me countless times throughout battles.

I do have one question, and I'm gonna sound like an idiot when I do, but where do I find a certain Shadow Pokemon? Specifically, Shadow Poochyena? I have been through every single map and couldn't find a trainer with a Poochyena! HALP PLZ

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
Something weird is happening to me. I have seen a lot of people have this error but on dolphin only. Now, in my case I have been playing on nintendont so no savestates over the wii. For some reason even back on diosmios this game and colosseum give me the same ""Error reading the save file! The Pokemon XG save file is corrupted on the memory card in slot A. Please delete the corrupted Pokemon XG save file from the Memory Card in Slot A using the Nintendo Gamecube Memory Card Screen." Right after trying to save my game giving me the "This isn't the same memory card used to load file" error. it's odd because I was able to save fine at first and 2 hours in it tells me I can't anymore due to that.

I'm using an original gamecube memcard and all games work fine. These are the only games to ever give me this error while saving. I have no idea what to do since it doesn't look much like a memory card error but the games themselves. Hacked or not, I made back ups using another tool so I can try anything without losing my 2 hours in game and other game savefiles after seeing what was happening. I can still play it when I restore my save, but if I try to save it will corrupt again and I must restore back to when I had 2 hours into the game or just play without saving which would be difficult on my first time playing XD (XG rather but yeah, first time touching this game)

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
Sorry for the late replies everyone. It seems my notifications were off for a bit.

I never thought, much less imagined, that I would one day find a hack of Pokemon XD... I thought it to be impossible.

Now I should go and look up a tutorial on Youtube for how to find the ISO files and whatnot and how to patch Pokemon XD, but if you wouldn't mind giving me a detailed explanation on how to do it, I would be eternally grateful. I just feel like hearing it explained to me from the hack creator and whatnot would be more helpful to me than just looking at a video.

Did you manage to figure it out in the end? Let me know if you still need help patching it up.

does this work on flash-cards like DSTwo?

It's a gamecube game so I don't think so.

Super excited to see projects like this, and can't wait for the gamecube scene to evolve further. Keep it up man!

There are a few others out there getting in on it so I think we will definitely see some more cool stuff coming soon.

have you given any thought to updating graphics? it seems like it might be possible to replace the xd models with hi res versions of the oras models (for the pokemon at least)

I'm not much of an artist myself but I would like to update the graphics once the gameplay itself is sorted completely. The games do have some limitations in terms of things like file sizes though so not sure how much of a problem that will be. In terms of replacing the models, there are some people working on reverse engineering the model formats in XD but it's different to the ORAS ones so it wouldn't be a simple process to convert from one format to the other. Also, because of the aforementioned size limitations the new ones may be too large but it's not my field of expertise so I wouldn't know for sure. Only time will tell :)

The only problem I have with the hack so far is how there are massive level spikes in the most random locations. For example, I was in the Chipher base fighting level mid 40s. I went up a floor, and I was suddenly fighting pokemon in their low 50s. It really forces players to spend a lot of time grinding which obviously isn't fun.

Some people agree with you that it's challenging at times but others have also said it was much too easy. It's hard to find the right balance. I did want it to be a bit more on the challenging side though. It means you can participate in all the lovely colosseum battles and mt. battle without becoming over levelled too easily. Also the shadow pokemon in XG are really OP so I've seen people complete the game really underlevelled too. Finally, the level jumps encourage the player to try new pokemon. Since you can catch pokemon from your opponents, if the opponent is high levelled then that means you have the opportunity to be equally high levelled by stealing their shadow pokemon. With over 100 available pokemon it pushes you to swap out old pokemon for new stronger ones from time to time. Of course, this is just my vision for the game and not everyone will like it that way but hack tools are being developed so feel free to modify the game to suit your tastes when they do :)

NUPS patcher is just freezing up for me when I try to patch Pokemon XD. It's been extracted and is the US version :(

The usual advice is to make sure it's a clean ISO and hasn't been scrubbed or anything. Make sure you got it from a common source as it has to match the one I used exactly. So one of the top results in a google search probably. Also make sure you extract the patch file from the archive. Assuming, you've done all of that I'm not sure what the problem is. I have heard that some people had more success on a different computer running a different version of windows or something like that.

Hey, I've been trying out this hack and having a lot of fun with the changes you made to it! I wanted to ask on a few things though, if that's alright.

1. Why do you have Sylvia talk in hashtags? I get that it's part of the humor of our time, but...her dialogue change without the hashtags would have fit a bit more I think. It just seems really...cringy to read, at least to me.

2. How come, whenever I played the game, I found eyes missing on a number of the models? Is that an XD rom problem or something that has only happened through here? So far, the pokemon I've seen go randomly without eyes have been Shuppet(earliest seen in the first rungs of Mt. Battle), Treecko/Grovyle(catchable from the elemental brothers), and even Lombre.(earliest seen in fight with Mirror B. in Cave spot) I don't know why their models are missing eyes, and shuppet is oddly missing only its eyes while Grovyle and Treecko are flat-out missing even eyeholes or eyelids. IT's really strange and was wondering if that was something this hack inadvertently did. I do have screenshots of Shuppet and Treecko/Grovyle to post to show it if you need proof.

3. Finally, I noticed what you did, putting Suicune in one of the poke spots. Gave me a heart attack you know? x3x

I'm glad you like it! To answer your questions:
1. It's supposed to be cringy. The more annoying, the better.
2. I believe that's an issue with older versions of dolphin. I think the new versions of dolphin run almost perfectly now.
3. ;)

Hello, Stars!

I love the hack and it's everything I've ever wanted out of XD! I love the move effects and the new moves you've put into the game; they've saved me countless times throughout battles.

I do have one question, and I'm gonna sound like an idiot when I do, but where do I find a certain Shadow Pokemon? Specifically, Shadow Poochyena? I have been through every single map and couldn't find a trainer with a Poochyena! HALP PLZ

Thanks for the kind words :)
I don't know if you found it yet but it's in gateon port in the same place as the original games actually.

Something weird is happening to me. I have seen a lot of people have this error but on dolphin only. Now, in my case I have been playing on nintendont so no savestates over the wii. For some reason even back on diosmios this game and colosseum give me the same ""Error reading the save file! The Pokemon XG save file is corrupted on the memory card in slot A. Please delete the corrupted Pokemon XG save file from the Memory Card in Slot A using the Nintendo Gamecube Memory Card Screen." Right after trying to save my game giving me the "This isn't the same memory card used to load file" error. it's odd because I was able to save fine at first and 2 hours in it tells me I can't anymore due to that.

I'm using an original gamecube memcard and all games work fine. These are the only games to ever give me this error while saving. I have no idea what to do since it doesn't look much like a memory card error but the games themselves. Hacked or not, I made back ups using another tool so I can try anything without losing my 2 hours in game and other game savefiles after seeing what was happening. I can still play it when I restore my save, but if I try to save it will corrupt again and I must restore back to when I had 2 hours into the game or just play without saving which would be difficult on my first time playing XD (XG rather but yeah, first time touching this game)

This error seems to have something to do with saving the game on different versions of XD. For example, loading a vanilla XD save file in XG and saving or vice versa. Peradventure starting a save file on a previous version of XG and saving in a different version could cause it too but I'm not sure.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 28, 2018
Another known bug should be that the daycare lady doesnt even raise your pokemon. Put metan in there last night, didnt budge a single level. Complete bs.

Bigpokemonfan0

DBZFan13
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
When I use Thunder Wave on Sableye with Magic Coat ability, it reflects back but my Pokemon isn't paralyzed. Meaning, the move is dodged for no reason.

Shadow Whip has pronounced "Shadow whip" instead. Rage mode harms a pokemon at the end of the battle.

When a pokemon used Fake Out, another pokemon with Gale Wings ability hasn't took effect, I even used Aerial Ace. Because it is used last instead of second.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 29, 2017
Hey guys! Loving the hack, however I came across a glitch i cant seem to get out of. Theres a trainer in I think the cipher building with a shadow gengar and electabuzz who crashes the game everytime with this message:
IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 812fffc8 LR = 802c2b14

Anyone know if thats something I can fix? If so, how? Thanks in advance!

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
Hey guys! Loving the hack, however I came across a glitch i cant seem to get out of. Theres a trainer in I think the cipher building with a shadow gengar and electabuzz who crashes the game everytime with this message:
IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 812fffc8 LR = 802c2b14

Just download the latest patch (and apply it to a clean ISO). It did the trick for me.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 5, 2017
I'm having some trouble playing this. I had it running on dolphin 5.0 on Mac OS and got it working fine. I had played it for about 4 hours and then when I try running the game my emulator gets stuck on the press and button to continue screen and won't respond to my keyboard. I tried repatching and redownloading dolphin but I can't get it to work. Any ideas? Please help. I really liked this game.

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
When I use Thunder Wave on Sableye with Magic Coat ability, it reflects back but my Pokemon isn't paralyzed. Meaning, the move is dodged for no reason.

Shadow Whip has pronounced "Shadow whip" instead. Rage mode harms a pokemon at the end of the battle.

When a pokemon used Fake Out, another pokemon with Gale Wings ability hasn't took effect, I even used Aerial Ace. Because it is used last instead of second.

Which pokemon did you use thunderwave with?

The formatting on Shadow Whip has been corrected in the latest updates.

I'm not sure I understand the issue but fake out has a higher priority than gale wings.

Sorry about that issue. It has been fixed in newer updates.

I'm having some trouble playing this. I had it running on dolphin 5.0 on Mac OS and got it working fine. I had played it for about 4 hours and then when I try running the game my emulator gets stuck on the press and button to continue screen and won't respond to my keyboard. I tried repatching and redownloading dolphin but I can't get it to work. Any ideas? Please help. I really liked this game.

Are you using an officially released version of dolphin (not a bleeding edge one)? You can also try dolphin 4.0 which works pretty well.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 23, 2017
Hey, when I get to the Cypher key layer and fight cypher peon Helena, after I attack the game always freezes saying IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 812fffc8 LR = 802c2b14. What should I do?

Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen May 9, 2019
Hey, when I get to the Cypher key layer and fight cypher peon Helena, after I attack the game always freezes saying IntCPU: Unknown instruction 00000000 at PC = 00000008 last_PC = 812fffc8 LR = 802c2b14. What should I do?

I replied on project pokemon already but will repeat here for anyone else on here with the same issue. There is a newer version available for download which fixes this problem :)

This was a problem with v1.0.1 that is fixed on v1.0.1-2 (which is compatible with v1.0.1 save files).

LadyLucina

Together We Ride
Years
Hey Stars, I finally figured out how to patch the game, and have been loving XG so far. However, I'm not sure if anyone has responded to this yet but as I've been playing Pokemon XG, I noticed something strange. Very strange.
Spoiler:
I'm not sure if this was intended but it sure did catch me off guard.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
hey, i posted in your projectpokemon thread but i figured i'd post here too. when i fight naps in the cipher lab during the lovrina dungeon he crashes the game. any idea why?

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2023
hey, i posted in your projectpokemon thread but i figured i'd post here too. when i fight naps in the cipher lab during the lovrina dungeon he crashes the game. any idea why?

Probably a similar reason why trading with Duking crashes it.

Back