• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Mario game you've ever played?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Basically what the title says and what's your opinion on it. For me it was Super Mario World. More specifically the GBA port for it. I eventually got to play the actual SNES version online and someplace else I forgot. Personally I think it was a good place to start, it was a good game with good graphics and gameplay and is fun. Probably my favourite installment in the franchise as a whole.

So what's yours? And non main series games are included too if that was your first.

TY

Mario Kart for the DS. I got very late into Nintendo and I played this through a friends copy

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Super Mario World on the SNES game console was my first Mario game I played.

pkmin3033

Super Mario Land, on the Gameboy...it came with the Gameboy, haha. I played the second one after that, but then I didn't play a Mario game until the Advance titles...never been a huge fan.

Last edited:

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
Years
It looks like I share a common one with a lot of people. Super Mario World for SNES. Still one of my favorites, but my favorite out of all will always be the first two Paper Mario games.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Super Mario World. <3

First ever Mario game, and never get tired of playing it or beating it. It's got a ton of replay value.

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
The All Stars cart on SNES, the second version with World on it.
I 100% completed World with my gf at the time, even the weird world after the star levels are completed, I was like 15 years old.
Good times. She was the one who bought me the SNES actually, I wish I still had it now!

Actually, now that I think about it a bit more.
The FIRST one was the Gameboy version the Super Mario Land, when I was really young. With my Gameboy Pocket.
God, I love that game, the tiny sprites just give me some weird kind of nostalgia and all the levels are really tight and fast to play.

Last edited:

Neronaya

STAR GATE HEAVEN
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Super Mario Bros. 3 on SNES was my first! I still have so many happy memories playing that game and even after so many years it looks beautiful.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I don't really remember which one I played first, but it's either Super Mario World or Super Mario 64. I have a lot more memories about 64 though so I'll go with that one.

Last edited:
Years
Pretty certain mine was Mario Kart DS, had endless fun on that game and really got me into the Mario series as a whole, soon after I got Mario 64 DS and later New Super Mario Bros, which were pretty awesome as well :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Super Mario 64, which I got with an N64 as a birthday gift. I've always preferred 3D collectathon Mario games to the 2D platforms, and I suspect that preference may stem from starting with the title I did.

I still need to go back and finish collecting all of the stars (I think I'm at 107 right now). Unfortunately, the game seems less responsive than it used to be, and Mario doesn't always seem to do what I tell him to when I tell him to do so. Maybe the TV I'm using has more input lag than the one I used as a kid.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
New super mario bros on the ds
I remember that I thought world 1 was the biggest thing imaginable and one day I got to world 2 and I was like "oh my goodness it never ends"
game seems a lot smaller now lol

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Not sure if you'd count Game & Watch games, but my brother had Game & Watch Gallery 3 on the Game Boy and after that I believe either Mario Kart Double Dash or the original Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:
Years
Most likely the original Super Mario Bros. game.

I say "most likely" because I also remember playing Mario Bros. around that time, as I'm sure my parents borrowed/rented it at least once or twice. I just don't remember which of the two I actually played first.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Definitely the original Super Mario Bros. I still remember when I'm playing on my cousin's house back then, and didn't notice the timer thing that I was checking everything on one of the level while realizing that the timer is out.

Back