• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Design Questions

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Thanks to Arma for the original thread in the Game Development section.

Post any design/planning questions you have for your fan game here! If you think your question can be generalised or could have lengthy answers and discussion, feel free to make a separate thread.

Some examples:
  • Should my game's starter be Shinx or Spheal?
  • Is a Dragon-type Gym a good idea for my game's first Gym?
  • I have an idea for a cave puzzle: <idea> How can I improve it?

Development and implementation questions should be posted as separate threads in ROM Hacking and Game Development (or Pokémon Essentials).

SinnedHD

Fan Game Maker Dude
Years
  • Age 22
  • US
  • Seen Apr 13, 2017
Clash Royale Pokemon Fan Game

Hey everybody. I'm new here and want to make a Clash Royale and Clash of Clans Pokémon fan game. I already have some basic ideas but I would love to hear most of them from a community. I would like ideas so I can get at most 100 battlers. I would also love ideas on mapping.

I appreciate it guys! :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey everybody. I'm new here and want to make a Clash Royale and Clash of Clans Pokémon fan game. I already have some basic ideas but I would love to hear most of them from a community. I would like ideas so I can get at most 100 battlers. I would also love ideas on mapping.

I appreciate it guys! :)

You're planning to make this a game and not a ROM hack, right? I've moved your post into this thread, but if you want to make a thread for this you can post an Idea thread in Progressing Games. Make sure you read the rules thread first though because you might need to include some more information on what you have planned for the game so far.

I'm afraid I don' have any suggestions for you as I've never played Clash Royale/Clash of Clans. Good luck with this, though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 3, 2019
I don't think alot of people would apreciate the first gym being dragon but it could work for you. Idk I say try it out your self but make sure you give at least one wild pokemon that has a type advantage against dragon before the gym

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2019
I made (recolored) a gender-specific VS Seeker that is based on Leaf's official artwork. I would like some critique on the colors I chose for it. When choosing the contrast of the colors, I looked at the original sprite colors and went from there.

original:
FE.png

custom:
pink.png

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
I made (recolored) a gender-specific VS Seeker that is based on Leaf's official artwork. I would like some critique on the colors I chose for it. When choosing the contrast of the colors, I looked at the original sprite colors and went from there.

original:
View attachment 82525

custom:
View attachment 82526

It's fine actually, I'd say a red one would be fine too, but pink makes it more obvious.

SubstituteCreature

Fakemon Novice
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 18, 2017
Level design question:

What are creative ways to block progress? I'm trying to avoid the obvious Pokemon blocking the road or HM obstructions like cut trees.

Back