• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Thoughts?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I thought they aged well, until the intro in the remake where they transition the old graphics into the new ones.

As a game it's aged well, but after playing with the physical/special split, it's a little different going back.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
^Physical/special split is one letdown, but all pre-Gen IV games suffer form that. I'd say the games (especially Emerald) aged well, meaning that I keep going back to play them.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
They've aged great, much better than the previous two generations. The graphics are still at the point of acceptability today for one thing, and most of the core mechanics are the same as in modern games.

Years
Yes, i think pokemon fire red and leaf green aged well then compare to other pokemon games because it has sevii island and physical/special split which makes them different and exciting from the originals.

No, its boring to play them again

Back