• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM Hack] Nuzlocking Moon Emerald

Years
  • Age 18
  • NC
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Hey, guys welcome to my first recorded nuzloke. I am Hiro a nuzloker that's never one a single game lmao.
Here are the rules (Since I'm bad at nuzloke I'm going to keep it pretty simple):
- I have to catch the first pokemon of every route (no other pokemon in the same route)
- I must name every pokemon I catch including my starter
- If my pokemon dies/faints :( it has to stay in my box for the rest of the game
I not going to do hardcore because i'm still kinda new to nuzlokes.
I got work and school so I worked on this almost everyday.
I start out by setting up the game "Pokemon Moon Emerald" on to my emulator. My parents are very strict and mean so they blocked most of my emulators and set up an admin password so I can't really download the emulators even the ones that don't change my device (I know there terrible people :) ). If your ever in the same situation use this website 'https://toadking.com/retroarch/' (choose VBAnext gameboy for GBA [ both works for rom hacks as well] or Gambette for GB/GBC) they can't tell if this is an emulator so Im safe for now (it also works on school computers as well). So here we go :) ...
PS
I think Moon Emerald it's interesting because it has a daytime/afternoon/nighttime like Pokemon CGS.

After naming my character male - HIRO (of course :) ) and then I finally came to picking my starter. Rowlet has pretty great neutral stats idk if its the same in the game but each start out like this:
Rowlet
HP-68
ATK-55
D-55
SPA-50
SPD-50
S-42
Populio also has neutral stats as well as the best Special Attack:
Popplio
HP-50
ATK-54
D-54
SPA-66
SPD-56
S-40
But I think its litten who has the best stats:
HP-45
ATK-65
D-40
SPA-60
SPD-40
S-70
So Litten wins because his stats overrule the rest of the starters. :) I easily win the starter battle, name my litten "Vulcan", and view my starters stats:
Vulcan - Type: Fire, Ability: Blaze, Calm nature
A calm nature means increased SPD and decreased ATK which is not what i'm looking for but it's not as big of a deal. All that matters to me is if my pokemon a bash all the elite four and beat the champion of Hoenn. I leveled Vulcan to 7 to start the battle with May and for the most part the whole battle was easy I just spammed tackle since Popplio didn't know any elemental moves. But in the real game the rival choses the type with the disadvantage I was kinda disappointed that Moon Emerald didn't do the same.

After a race with may through Route 3 to Littleroot I got my pokedex and pokeballs and the nuzloke begins.
In Route 1 my first encounter was a yungoos so I decided to catch it but two pokeballs wasn't gonna work on level 2 yungoos for some reason. I hit it once with a ember and it went down >:( what a great way to lose my first encounter. This means I won't be able to catch a encounter again in Route 1. My day got better when I saw Mega Pedras and Pokeballs at the Pokemart. Though the Mega Pedras are very expensive they cost 4000 P but I don't need them this early in the game anyway.

In Route 2 (or 102), my day got even better I found a Grass type Fomatis and I managed to catch him by weakening him first. I named him Kuso (the literal japanese word for "grass").
Kuso has very neutral stats:
HP-40
ATK-55
D-35
SPA-50
SPD-35
S-35
Kuso- Type: Grass, Ability: Chlorophyll, Brave nature (This is the nature I needed for Vulcan >:( ). I'm excited because his ATK and SPA are pretty good and he will make the first gym ez. Hope I don't lose him early.

Come back for more I edit everyday :)
Meet you at the nest route ...

Update 2:
I have a new twitter page (I post everyday/ignore the fortnite post lol) "https://twitter.com/Fire61956670"
So I stopped at Petalburg because their happen to be a grass patch by the house next to the lake.
I met up with a Morelull and annoying enough I got excited for nothing because Morelull is a way better pokemon than Kuso will ever be. So I decide to catch it putting asleep wasn't enough for Toad (yes I already named it) and he escaped the pokeball so I weakened him with Vulcans lick and PAR it. Long story it was a successful catch (and i'm going to pretend I didn't use 3 other balls to catch him in the process lol).
HP-40
ATK-35
D-55
SPA-65
SPD-75
S-15
His SPA and SPD is exactly what I need on my team someone who can tank hits from pro Special Attackers and return them to non SPD pokemon. I'll keep Kuso on the team for now though since I only have 3 pokemon.
Type: Grass/Fairy, Illuminate, Lonely Nature (I don't really care for natures on Morelull as long as it doesn't my specials)
Oh btw I get stopped by this annoying character from the anime Bill can anyone tell me what's his significance in pokemon emerald?

After getting a few from the Pokemart I head on the Route 4 (or 104), In Route 4 I crossed paths with a Alolan Meowth and already can up with a name Noodles (because why not [inspired by noodles whiskers lol]).
What I like about alolan Meowths is that they have increased S than a normal Meowth.
HP-40
ATK-35
D-35
SPA-50
SPD-40
S-90
Type: Dark, Pickup, Brave nature (yes another brave pokemon :) )
It going to be hard to choose what pokemon to train for the final battle but you can help me by commenting all you know i'm not exactly an expert so give me all the information.
Let's Recap (skip if you hate recaps):
Vulcan: Litten
Kuso: Fomantis
Toad: Morelull
Noodles: A Meowth
HIRO: me (don't forget about me)

Let's head over to Petalburg Woods home of bug pokemon and a stupid employee. I ended up with encountering a Bellsprout and I don't even care if goes down but since I can only catch one pokemon for every Route I might as well catch it. Since im doing species clause (is that what its called?) I need to catch it so if I encounter it again I can skip it because I do not need a Bounsweet for any situation. Time to lock you up in the PC until someone dies Bounsweet or Lil crippled.

Give me ideas for my nest pokemon by commenting to my post (i'm lonely on twitter :( )

I think I will end it here guys any suggestions to help better this thread will be appreciated because I'm that guy who makes mistakes without even knowing what the heck I'm doing.

Hiro out!

Update 3:
After defeating team Aqua I leave and enter Route 4 (or 104), and finally reach Rustborro City "The city probing the integration of nature and science." Here it is finally going to challenge my first gym but it's not going to be easy. Roxanne the leader of the rock type gym doesn't have her usual pokemon (which is a geodude) she has 4 rock type pokemon that have either dual types or powerful moves. I already put up Vulcan and Noodles because they won't be useful in this gym. So we are left with Kusa and Fo mantis.

Against a Lvl. 10 yungoos my pokemon suffer so I set out to grind them to Lvl. 15.
I grinded in ___ and found an Abra their not an ez catch so I used my Great Ball (thanks stupid employee) but it failed me … *sigh*.

Now that my pokemon are shorta OPed I can try to defeat this place I call hell on earth the rox gym. After beating 3 trainers, I heal up and finally step near Roxanne's podium. Let the battle begin!

Gym 1:
A Geodude Lvl 12
Carbink Lvl 12
Rockruff Lvl 12
Tyrant Lvl 15

I went in with Toad first which took out the Alolan Geodude then switched to Kuso to take on Carbink who PSN me with toxic so I decided to fight Carbink until he was low and switch to Kuso to finish him. I put Carbink to sleep with Grass whistle since the toxic effect was not very effective. When he was low he used an Oran berry. Kuso's PSN got worse but I decided to use his Razor Leaf one last time … but then Roxanne used a potion Kuso still hung in there I decided to switch to Toad. Carbink still asleep I went ahead and Mega Drained (should have been flashed to avoid toxic).
Toad got PSN by being toxic but his Mega Drain still took out Carbink and Rockruff. On to the last pokemon Tyrant. This time I switched to Kuso because he was way faster. It took a couple of potions and Razor Leafs but I was able to beat her Tyrant. Yay guys we made it out of Gym 1 on to the next gym.

After the gym I healed my pokemon Kuso is half HP and healed while Toad has 6 HP that was too close. Note to self: I need to grind more.
Sorry guys gotta end it early because life is getting to me lol.
Just so you know I won't be posting updates on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) I have work so I won't be home the whole day but I will let you know if I eventually find myself posting. If you haven't any questions are just want to talk follow me on twitter.

Last edited:
Back